What's new

The Coffee House

I miss Gary. After all the issues we have discussed calmly on TPF and all the fun times and laughs, it’s too bad Halloween-gate had to be such a touchy subject. Really he left over nothing.
 
Hiya, what is that greeting of yours?

Coffee House posters were called Hosers when I got here, not sure how it started. Maybe @limr or @terri ?

Yup, it was my fault. Gary A used to greet us as Coffee Housers and I misread it at Hosers and the rest was history :D

Hosers.

Hey, check it out, I found the post where I first made the mistake! More than 5 years ago!?!
The Coffee House

And a few pages, here's where Designer picked it up and we starting running with it :)
The Coffee House
 
I miss Gary, too..
 
I'm currently trying to find a 2017 or 2918 Ex-L in my are - one that has a dark leather interior (because dogs) with less than 15k miles/year on the odometer. You'd think it would be easy but no...
Have you looked at private sales?

...Also doing research to buy a new (probably used) car. Anyone have a CRV? I need something smaller and newer than my 2007 Pilot. I inquired about a car on one of the websites and have gotten no less than 30 emails from car dealerships. One is even offering to bring the car to my house for the test drive.
Don't own one, but I've wrenched on a couple. Seem to be well made, reliable vehicles on the higher end of the Honda/Toyota reliability spectrum. Any particular year/trim package?

I'm currently trying to find a 2017 or 2918 Ex-L in my are - one that has a dark leather interior (because dogs) with less than 15k miles/year on the odometer. You'd think it would be easy but no...
We've had our CR-V for a year now, and love it - 2019 EX. It's the right size for us, and the CCT (aka, the rubber band transmission) is peppy enough with the turbo-4.

Bought a 2017 CRV EX-L tonight!!! Basque Red Pearl exterior with gray leather seats, 22K miles (!). One owner, clean car fax - I'm sure it was a little old lady who only drove it on Sundays to church lol. It's really purdy! Good price after I talked them down a bit and they agreed to fix the small ding in the back. I'm super excited about all the modern features - I've been driving my 2007 Pilot for a looong time and it doesn't have any of the conveniences that the CRV has. Remote start, heated seats, back up camera, apple car play, blue tooth, driver's seat position memory, power lift gate with the fancy activate with your foot thingy... not to mention all of the new automated safety features.

Princess is "buying" the Pilot from me. Even though it's a 2007 there are only 105,000 miles on it which is low for a Honda so that should last her a few more years until she's ready to get something newer.
 
:headbang:

Ours is Dark Olive, no leather.
 
Well the third virus case now in the UK is in my home town. IMO it would of been better to ban all travel like USA and Australia have done.
 
At a funeral on the Cape for my stepfathers brother. It’s freezing and rain down here. Sitting in the car waiting for the procession to the cemetery. Then a reception after and 2 hour ride home. It’s going to be a long day.
 
And all this time I thought the "hoser" thing was because we are infested with Candians! :biglaugh:

Congrats on the new ride Sharon. :encouragement:
 
At a funeral on the Cape for my stepfathers brother. It’s freezing and rain down here. Sitting in the car waiting for the procession to the cemetery. Then a reception after and 2 hour ride home. It’s going to be a long day.
Oh, dear. I'm sorry for your family's loss. :( It does sound like it's going to be a long, depressing day up there, in the cold and freezing rain. Stay safe!

And as an aside, congrats on making the decision on the new wheels.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom