What's new

The Coffee House

January was busy transferring data to my new computer and catching up with the last Mexico trip edits. My husband bought an L shaped desk in a box. I decided to surprise him and put it together while he was on a business trip. Got about 90% done and what is left takes 2 people. Day 1 about hour 2 I tore a hole in my palm so I then had to use the screw driver left handed. Made for slow going.
 
Whew! That's a project and a half, Cheryl. Good on ya for taking it as far as you did.

It's snowing here this morning, hosers! Will likely turn to sleet/freezing rain in a bit.

Ugh. Been nasty weather the last few days.
 
Very cold and windy here today. I’m supposed to be going to a photo meet up in Boston this afternoon but the weather kind of sucks for that. Sunny, no clouds and no snow on the ground. Yuck. I don’t want to be standing around in the Boston wind tunnels taking overly harsh photos of buildings and “street” stuff. I may hike up to the res instead with the dogs. The trees will provide some wind break and the exercise will keep me warm.
 
Fortunate on the timing there, Dave. There were a couple of students quarantined at the university near me at the beginning of the semester because they had symptoms and had been traveling in Asia; it turned out luckily that their illness was something else.

Cheryl your husband does't have to sit in the box to use his desk in a box, does he? lol (My mind has a little too much imagination!)
 
I have no intention of going out of doors. It snowed a little, not much, but still... my respiratory whatever that seemed about gone got worse so that's it!! I'm stayin' in.

And watching hockey because today is - Hockey Day in Canada!! the 20th anniversary! In Winnipeg they like to sing 'true north' loudly during O Canada, then TSN was showing an intersection that is supposed to be the exact center of Canada. A little geography with my hockey.
 
We had a few minutes of flurries, last night, even though it was 40 degrees.
 
Hi all, we have just got the storm and flood warnings today. Mans that we will have to worry about the sea overtopping the defences.
 
Bad gusty winds here in Hove on the South Coast, just seen a wheelie bin fly down our Close.
 
Ah now I know who’s bin, there is rubbish all over the estate here.
Sea defences, sort of holding some overtopping but not bad yet the next high water will be the one that I will worry about
At the moment we abr being pounded by winds salt spray and the foam stuff that you see in rough seas.
Flood boards are at the ready and sand bags are piled up.
 
Last edited:
Bad gusty winds here in Hove on the South Coast, just seen a wheelie bin fly down our Close.
Speak English, willyas?!??!
Why, of course dear boy. My bin made of plastic with wheels on the base and a hinged lid. The afore mentioned lid being different colours to denote the type of rubbish allowed. And so on ya de ya
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom