What's new

The Coffee House

SNIO》re-organized my music files so I can get rid of iTunes.

I would love to hear more about that. Back in the early 2000s from about 2000 to 2009, I amassed a huge collection of MP3 files. I have music that I will never listen to and so much stuff that I have never listened to. Last year my iTunes had 24,591 songs in it. Over the past six weeks I have created an archive of 3,334 songs that I like the most, and I would be open to hearing about getting rid of iTunes. Is there an alternate MP3 playing program that you have found good?

I've been using Music Bee on my laptop. I just started using it regularly a few weeks ago when my personal computer became my work office and I was once again playing a lot of music on my computer. So far so good. I hated iTunes. The only reason I still had it installed is because I still have an iPod Nano that is mounted on a speaker, and I've used that to play music in other parts of the house too far away to hear the computer. However, I recently got a Bluetooth speaker and can listen to music on my phone now, so I think it's time to get rid of the Nano and iTunes for good.
 
Thanks for the info. I will check out Music Bee.
 
Morning all, once I have finished housework I will see if I was able to work out how to use the time lapse remote.
Don’t hold your breath..... you will pass out.
 
My wife and I just received our stimulus direct deposit of $2400 this morning.
Anybody else gotten theirs yet?
 
My wife and I just received our stimulus direct deposit of $2400 this morning.
Anybody else gotten theirs yet?

I just checked, and indeed I did. Funny because as I said above, I was up pretty late paying all my bills, so I'm kind of glad this didn't come in until after I was done. Now I get to go in again and put all of this into my house fund! :)
 
Hopefully we can go back to our quiet shelter in place life again. Sunday evening two tornadoes passed close, one north of us about 5 miles and one south less then 3 miles. Fortunately no injuries, but several homes destroyed, lots and lots of trees and power lines down. Even though we were realitvely calm, the substation to the south of us took a hit. We lost power at 6 pm, on Sunday, didn't come back on till 9 pm Monday night. Had the RV generator running to provide limited power to the house. No wind damage but had to repair several areas that had washed out from the heavy rains.
 
And done. I'm now $1200 closer to having my upfront costs for my house. :)
 
My wife and I just received our stimulus direct deposit of $2400 this morning.
Anybody else gotten theirs yet?
Nothing here, but we didn't file electronically this year, so we'll be last in line. I'm not tapping my foot for it, at least. :lol:
 
Hi all
Well I finally worked out how to do time lapse.
My test subject is not brilliant but it’s has given me the skills to move on to other things.
My test piece was milk with old dark engine oil shaken the time lapse shows them separating
Seems that I can’t post the vid here without putting it on some photo web hosting site first
 
Here is mama barn swallow:

Swallow 2020.webp


They showed up on April 1st, which is very early. Just a cell phone shot. This is the upper corner of my front porch, where this same nest is used every year - I think they started in 2016, so we're on year 4. Last year, 2 different mama swallows used this nest over the summer. 5 eggs each. We watched them all take to the air. I'd like to think this bird is one of those ten born in this nest, which is how she knew where to find it. :)
 
Happy Thursday, hosers!
 
My wife and I just received our stimulus direct deposit of $2400 this morning.
Anybody else gotten theirs yet?

Yes yesterday. I guess I just squeaked in for the child credit. It said 16 and under. Princess turned 17 in January so they either ent by age on 1/1/20 or based it on last year’s (2018) return.

Hopefully we can go back to our quiet shelter in place life again. Sunday evening two tornadoes passed close, one north of us about 5 miles and one south less then 3 miles. Fortunately no injuries, but several homes destroyed, lots and lots of trees and power lines down. Even though we were realitvely calm, the substation to the south of us took a hit. We lost power at 6 pm, on Sunday, didn't come back on till 9 pm Monday night. Had the RV generator running to provide limited power to the house. No wind damage but had to repair several areas that had washed out from the heavy rains.

I hope with your wife’s medical issues that you two are staying isolated.

My wife and I just received our stimulus direct deposit of $2400 this morning.
Anybody else gotten theirs yet?
Nothing here, but we didn't file electronically this year, so we'll be last in line. I'm not tapping my foot for it, at least. :lol:

I haven’t filed yet this year but got mine right away. I did my 2019 taxes a few weeks ago but needed one document that I couldn’t find at the time. I found it the next day but have just been procrastinating- I’m getting a refund so no reason to wait other than I’ve been busy during the day and uninterested in anything other than stupid tablet games at night. Wordscapes anyone? Two dots? I’m obsessed with Two Dots.

Hi all
Well I finally worked out how to do time lapse.
My test subject is not brilliant but it’s has given me the skills to move on to other things.
My test piece was milk with old dark engine oil shaken the time lapse shows them separating
Seems that I can’t post the vid here without putting it on some photo web hosting site first

looking forward to seeing it.

Happy Thursday, hosers!

Almost the weekend! We got some snow just north of us in NH last night. Chilly here today. This quarantine seems like it’s going to be endless... Glad to have you Hosers to talk to.
 
Yesterday was the day that I usually celebrate the girls' birthday. They were found as kittens and so never knew the exact birth date, but knew it was in April. I picked April 15th to celebrate, but I totally forgot until last night. Going to have to have a delayed birthday celebration over the weekend :)

fb_img_1561164933561-collage-jpg.190138
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom