What's new

The Coffee House

Hi morning all, normally would not be up posting this time Sunday am 08.06 but we have a food delivery
And at the moment it’s a case of accepting any time slot, they are hard to get.
No boring time lapse vid today lol
Have a good day & stay safe. Thoughts with you all be it storm,flood or bug
 
Hi morning all, normally would not be up posting this time Sunday am 08.06 but we have a food delivery
And at the moment it’s a case of accepting any time slot, they are hard to get.
No boring time lapse vid today lol
Have a good day & stay safe. Thoughts with you all be it storm,flood or bug
Good luck with the food delivery. Same here with the any time slot. Last time, our delivery time was anytime between 6 AM and 3 PM.
 
Thanks Waday, we got about 2/3 of what Mrs. ordered. 9 am BST the driver is knocking on the door, we have a table outside that all delivery drivers can leave items on. It saves me from bending and means that the distance can be kept.
 
I still do pick-up instead of delivery. The last time I put an order in, they said that half of what I ordered was out of stock. I had forgotten a few things on the order anyway, so I asked if I could just run in the store to grab them (there's a separate area where pick-ups happen.) As I was going to the aisle I needed, I noticed at least 3 or 4 of the items that they said were out of stock were, in fact, in stock, so I grabbed those, too.

So now I figure that I will make a list of what they said they don't have, pick up everything else, then go back into the store and get the things they think they don't have. I noticed that some of the things they skipped were things that might not be in an obvious area, so the shopper missed it. They are also not doing any substitutions, so they might still have plenty of spinach, for example, but not the brand that I asked for. So I'd rather take a little extra time to make a quick run-through for the missing items.
 
Two weeks today is my 70th birthday, I hope I can survive until then......

You got this!

I still do pick-up instead of delivery. The last time I put an order in, they said that half of what I ordered was out of stock. I had forgotten a few things on the order anyway, so I asked if I could just run in the store to grab them (there's a separate area where pick-ups happen.) As I was going to the aisle I needed, I noticed at least 3 or 4 of the items that they said were out of stock were, in fact, in stock, so I grabbed those, too.

So now I figure that I will make a list of what they said they don't have, pick up everything else, then go back into the store and get the things they think they don't have. I noticed that some of the things they skipped were things that might not be in an obvious area, so the shopper missed it. They are also not doing any substitutions, so they might still have plenty of spinach, for example, but not the brand that I asked for. So I'd rather take a little extra time to make a quick run-through for the missing items.

Our app has a check off box where you can choose whether or not you’ll accept substitutions. Some of the stories I’ve read about the substitution choices were pretty funny so I was leery of checking the box but for our WF order it was mostly them substituting organic vs non organic or larger vs smaller sizes. We now have enough jasmine rice to last through 2021. The Target grocery delivery was through Shipt and I selected text me option for substitutions. That was pretty good - said YES to Giardelli chocolate chips instead of Nestle and NO to gluten free anything.
 
Our app has a check off box where you can choose whether or not you’ll accept substitutions. Some of the stories I’ve read about the substitution choices were pretty funny so I was leery of checking the box but for our WF order it was mostly them substituting organic vs non organic or larger vs smaller sizes. We now have enough jasmine rice to last through 2021. The Target grocery delivery was through Shipt and I selected text me option for substitutions. That was pretty good - said YES to Giardelli chocolate chips instead of Nestle and NO to gluten free anything.

This service usually does allow substitutions and they would send a text a few hours before pick-up so I could review and approve or deny the substitutions they were offering. They are just suspending that service for the time being, unfortunately.

And I'm the opposite these days - I'm still avoiding gluten and certain other foods, so I need to make sure I don't get the gluteny substitutions.
 
Our app has a check off box where you can choose whether or not you’ll accept substitutions. Some of the stories I’ve read about the substitution choices were pretty funny so I was leery of checking the box but for our WF order it was mostly them substituting organic vs non organic or larger vs smaller sizes. We now have enough jasmine rice to last through 2021. The Target grocery delivery was through Shipt and I selected text me option for substitutions. That was pretty good - said YES to Giardelli chocolate chips instead of Nestle and NO to gluten free anything.

This service usually does allow substitutions and they would send a text a few hours before pick-up so I could review and approve or deny the substitutions they were offering. They are just suspending that service for the time being, unfortunately.

And I'm the opposite these days - I'm still avoiding gluten and certain other foods, so I need to make sure I don't get the gluteny substitutions.

Your story about the stores not really being out of stock on some items is interesting. Seems like a lot of the shoppers are new due to the sudden high demand so that doesn’t surprise me but it does make me wonder if I should make a grocery run myself at some point. For now I’m going to suffer through without my favorite chips and caffeine free Diet Coke but soon...
 
Our app has a check off box where you can choose whether or not you’ll accept substitutions. Some of the stories I’ve read about the substitution choices were pretty funny so I was leery of checking the box but for our WF order it was mostly them substituting organic vs non organic or larger vs smaller sizes. We now have enough jasmine rice to last through 2021. The Target grocery delivery was through Shipt and I selected text me option for substitutions. That was pretty good - said YES to Giardelli chocolate chips instead of Nestle and NO to gluten free anything.

This service usually does allow substitutions and they would send a text a few hours before pick-up so I could review and approve or deny the substitutions they were offering. They are just suspending that service for the time being, unfortunately.

And I'm the opposite these days - I'm still avoiding gluten and certain other foods, so I need to make sure I don't get the gluteny substitutions.

Your story about the stores not really being out of stock on some items is interesting. Seems like a lot of the shoppers are new due to the sudden high demand so that doesn’t surprise me but it does make me wonder if I should make a grocery run myself at some point. For now I’m going to suffer through without my favorite chips and caffeine free Diet Coke but soon...
That’s exactly what happens at our store, too. Things that I knew weren’t out of stock, but they said they were. It happens at Home Depot a lot, too. HD made me so mad the one time that I wrote an email to corporate and actually got a callback.

Also, our service used to offer substitutions, but they actually suspended substitutions until things return to “normal”.
 
Home Depot is no longer on the list of stores that will get my money. Been shopping at Lowe’s for about a year. trying to put my money where my mouth is both politically and socially. Had to give up a few favorite brands at the grocery store and eating out but sleeping better! Also have been watching which companies stepped up to support their communities and employees during the pandemic. I’m making a list and checking it twice...
 
Home Depot is no longer on the list of stores that will get my money. Been shopping at Lowe’s for about a year. trying to put my money where my mouth is both politically and socially. Had to give up a few favorite brands at the grocery store and eating out but sleeping better! Also have been watching which companies stepped up to support their communities and employees during the pandemic. I’m making a list and checking it twice...

Forgive me if I'm being stupid. What has HD done to be on your **** list?

Think I've made two purchases from them in the last ten years. Both were on-line and pick it up at the store. The first was so cheap it broke when taking it out of the package. They refunded my money. The second wasn't even the item I ordered. Again, they refunded my money. Inferior products and no ad has prompted me to buy anything from them since.

Lowes is 2- 3 times the price as any one else and the nearest is 20 miles away. Much cheaper and faster to go to the mom and pop hardware store a mile down the road for a nut or bolt. Plus, I'd like them to stay there for those goofy random items I need in a pinch.
 
Quarantine sunset. Sticking to the porch today. Will tell all about my adventures this past weekend when I have time Later tonight.

49A78A02-06DF-4824-A443-EEABE4217ECC.webp
 
Hi all here is a thought for everyone
Our g kids don’t believe the things we tell them now. Will they every believe that we used to go out when we felt like it and went where we liked. There was no need to have hazmat sites and we used to touch people when we greeted each other.
Already “ lockdown” is a state of being and no longer just a word. Wonder if the dictionary will be amended lol

Just for fun
Girls forget the excuse that you are washing your hair,
“Sorry can’t come out with you mum says we are in lockdown”
 
Women forgot that excuse decades ago.

"Sorry, not coming out. I don't want to."
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom