What's new

The Coffee House

It's a nice sunny day. I think I like it just as well when it's rainy and/or cold since that seems to cause less inclination to want to go somewhere! lol Of course I'm used to being home during the week but the weekends have been odd. I seem to be doing a certain amount of talking from the doorway to the driveway.

Have been already doing grocery pickup since I can't traipse thru a store and lug groceries. But the ones here same as some of you, no substitutions, you get what you get. And I think the reason stores may have items in store and not online is items might ship separately, some might be more limited in how much sells so they don't stock as much, etc. etc. and they just don't have everything online.

Our local Big Boy has marketplace items available and the delivery service actually comes out here! Driver's app showed the address wrong but we figured it out, emailed the company about getting it corrected but no response yet. That was handy to get milk, eggs, bread from a local bakery chain, etc.

Schools are closed the rest of the school year, which I figured. If I was still working I'd like a long spring break that runs into a long summer. But the catch is schools are doing online or sending packets home and having to grade homework, etc. so working from home is still work! lol

Going to take a couple of online courses, one quilting and one embroidery, so that should be interesting and keep the time moving along. Although someone said April has gone fast, and I was thinking somehow it has!
 
Wade sorry to see that about your best friend's dad, that's a shame.
 
I heard a bird one evening at dusk that sounded close to the house considering there's nothing really to perch on there. Another evening looked out the bathroom window, terrorizing the mama bird in the process; it was getting dark but could see a nest. Obviously a bird found enough room to perch. Next day looked and can see one little blue egg. The mama bird chirps and chatters every evening at dusk.

Also have bunnies! Two of them close to the house, I got a couple of pictures thru the screen then as soon as I started to open it (I knew it! lol) one of them bolted for the bushes. The other was laying down and looked pretty comfy, but after a pause it followed the other. I imagine I'll see baby bunnies running in the yard one of these days.

It's quiet here but it's been really quiet! Probably why the birds and bunnies are closer to the house than usual. They already seem to think the bushes are their condos.
 
Stopped at our only local Craft Brew, Back Forty Beer, today. They had to close earlier because of the lockdown but thanks to a hastily acquired still they were able to pivot and start producing hand sanitizer. They're producing some high grade liquor, that smells so good I keep wanting to lick my fingers every time I rub it on my hands. :allteeth:
40650.webp
 
I heard there were breweries that would be making hand sanitizer. I'm wondering how the equipment for one works for the other! but good for them. And I figured people might feel a need to have a beer everytime they clean their hands!
 
I heard there were breweries that would be making hand sanitizer. I'm wondering how the equipment for one works for the other! but good for them. And I figured people might feel a need to have a beer everytime they clean their hands!

They distill alcohol, same way they make moonshine. Considering the bead (bubbles) when you shake it and how fast it evaporates, I'm putting it at well over a 100 proof.
 
I heard a bird one evening at dusk that sounded close to the house considering there's nothing really to perch on there. Another evening looked out the bathroom window, terrorizing the mama bird in the process; it was getting dark but could see a nest. Obviously a bird found enough room to perch. Next day looked and can see one little blue egg. The mama bird chirps and chatters every evening at dusk.

Also have bunnies! Two of them close to the house, I got a couple of pictures thru the screen then as soon as I started to open it (I knew it! lol) one of them bolted for the bushes. The other was laying down and looked pretty comfy, but after a pause it followed the other. I imagine I'll see baby bunnies running in the yard one of these days.

It's quiet here but it's been really quiet! Probably why the birds and bunnies are closer to the house than usual. They already seem to think the bushes are their condos.
That sounds so sweet! Our barn swallows are still circling around during the day, working on tidying up the existing nest outside the front door. They seem to be in no rush, but then, I know they showed up early this year. We're still dipping down into the 40's F. at night, and they are acting accordingly.

And we suddenly have a few rabbits around, too! They love our clover and dandelions. It pays to have a bunch of weeds in the backyard, I guess. :lol:
 
Yep, I have clover too. They like to be smack dab in the middle of the back yard (when no peeps or critters are around).

D'ya mean they brew hand sanitizer in those copper pots with coils out the top? run it into town in the back of a pickup truck?

Why does this come to mind? used to be a place where you could take in a jug and they'd fill it with beer you could walk home with (was near the house of a friend of mine). Nowadays I guess they'd give you hand sanitizer instead! lol
 
Used Instacart this week. Two weeks ago I had to wait almost a week to get a delivery date. This week placed the order at 2:30 and it was at my house an hour later. I have a table set up in the garage for the delivery people to set the bags. Since I ordered wine I got carded in my own garage lol. The bad thing was that I had to put my birth year in the app and had to scroll and scroll.
 
Finally getting caught up from the weekend! Saturday afternoon one of my photo buddies texted me that she was heading up to NH White Mtns for a Milky Way shoot that night. I was invited along with one other but we would be driving up each in our own cars because of social distancing. I haven’t really been anywhere since this started - even my hikes with the dog have been cut down due to parking lots closed and semi crowded trails so I decided to go for it.

Left my house at 9:15pm, drive almost an hour to meet up with the others then followed them up into the mountains. Out in the cold all night, at least 6 ft apart, 3 different locations, a very looooong solo ride home arrived at 6:45am.

Still editing most of the shots and I’m still tired but damn it felt good to be out there shooting! Nice at night when there’s no one else around. We did see one couple shooting together but we all kept our distance.
 
Hi all, excuse any typos, plz I have been doing diy for 3 days and now my joints hav no longer protesting but have gone on lockdown . Looking at Square Pegs post I was looking for ward to watching the meteor shower but once again cloud cover and being told that given how much pain I was in I was mad to consider sitting out in the cold for hours.
Here I think the police would question me if I drove miles to do photography
Have a good day stay safe.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom