What's new

The Coffee House

Good morning, peeps.

Thursday, we donned our masks and went to the fish shop (the supermarkets don't carry decent seafood). Last night's dinner was very simple - shimp sauteed in butter, garlic, and Pernod (abbreviated shrimp scampi), with a side of baked jalapeno poppers. Tonight will be the salmon (MLW is cooking, so I'm not sure of the recipe) and making clam chowder (New England style) for another night. I'll put the pork roast in the crock pot, tomorrow.

Well, I must have read an earlier plan for the stim-pack, or completely misread it. I didn't think we were eligible because MLW had a bunch of overtime last year, but the IRS deposited a wee bit into our checking account. I figured it was a mistake, so we moved it to savings, figuring they will eventually want it back (might as well get a few cents interest). Went back to the books and, yes, we are eligible. It partly re-pays what I had there earlier and used to get lazy lobster moved from one apartment to the current one.
 
Hiya all,
Just had a letter, yea real paper, from the kids and G kids.
They added a pic they had drawn, these are going in our window.

Snow bear, nice when you get something back from the government. You were wise to put it in savings until you were sure. Seen so meany peeps get something like that, spend it then it’s oh cr.....a....p when they have to pay it back
 
Watched some of the NY Rangers v. NJ Devils '94 Wales conference game 7 (still 'Wales', I miss that). Forgot how badly the NHL Network edits vintage footage, it's about unwatchable because when the players skate end to end they and the dasherboard lettering looks like double vision. Came back for OT, yelled Mess at the TV a number of times - why? I know they're going to win because the Rangers will be winning the Cup. And Mess got that Wales cup, so much for that superstition that's been going on for years (to not touch it, Mess grabbed it!).

I felt like getting out my authentic Rangers jersey I bought online from Gerry Cosby at MSG when you could still do such a thing (before the NHL cookie cutter online so-called team stores). Although I've noticed some teams started going back to having their own team store online, but you have to know to look for it. I managed to find 'em!

Okay that's my hockey for the week. Maybe the month. Maybe they'll show the '94 Cup final but mostly they rerun last year's playoffs. No Beanpot replays Friday night, c'mon NESN don't fail me now! lol
 
Myself and a mate of mine loved watching ice hockey when we lived in Canada for a year many years ago. Somehow we ended up a Calgary Flames supporters? Think it was because we liked their jerseys? lol. We met a guy in BC who played professionally named Ron Flockheart who invited us to see him play in St Louis I think it was? Unfortunately we never got down there. We did drink a lot of beer with him though. lol
 
PSA - Don’t drink and shop when you’re feeling sorry for yourself!

20FE6433-9AB5-4744-A567-36C4FFD591AA.webp
 
PSA - Don’t drink and shop when you’re feeling sorry for yourself!

View attachment 190624

I am trying really really hard to wait for Black Friday. Working from home has made me realize how long I've had my computer, and though it still works - and a little better since the RAM upgrade - I want a shiny new one. I am resisting by telling myself that if I save some money by Black Friday, I can get a fancier computer than I can get now.
 
PSA - Don’t drink and shop when you’re feeling sorry for yourself!

View attachment 190624

I am trying really really hard to wait for Black Friday. Working from home has made me realize how long I've had my computer, and though it still works - and a little better since the RAM upgrade - I want a shiny new one. I am resisting by telling myself that if I save some money by Black Friday, I can get a fancier computer than I can get now.

I was planning to wait for holiday sales as well. I finally ran into something I couldn’t do on my iPad- star stacking. I tried to do it on my Laptop (which had needed replacing for a few years) and it was painful and slow enough that it pushed me over the edge. Best Buy has curbside pick up...
 
PSA - Don’t drink and shop when you’re feeling sorry for yourself!

View attachment 190624
Wife and I have our fingers hovering over the submit button for one. My wife is pushing for a new one. I mean, it’s not like it’s my fault the old one doesn’t work.

Oh, wait, it is. I was the one that spilled the wine...
 
I'll be buying more puzzles before I buy a computer. This is my last one and I'm kind of obsessed with it, so I think it's going to go quickly. Here's what it will look like:
94593764_10157462882679007_8176625087332483072_n.jpg



Yesterday, I did the border. This morning, I started in, working from outside in:

94611421_10157462882614007_415814879350358016_n.jpg



Tonight, I've got a good part of the outer part done:

94691486_10157464761564007_3522647015567654912_o.jpg
 
Morning all, nice kitty puzzle.
I think that lockdown madness has got me, sorted out my mending pile and got out the sewing machine ready for the dull wet days that we are being promised
 
I've been needing a new computer for a while now and keep putting off buying a new one. It isn't the cost that holds me back, it's shopping for the right computer that I dread.
 
I have a (relatively) new computer. MLW ordered a laptop for herself; expecting delivery any time, now.
 
I've been needing a new computer for a while now and keep putting off buying a new one. It isn't the cost that holds me back, it's shopping for the right computer that I dread.

It’s like buying a car!such a big commitment these days and so many confusing choices.
 
Talking of new computers,
The problem for me is that if I upgraded my pc I would have to up grade all my software and printer and other hardware
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom