What's new

The Coffee House

I believe in social distancing but when I go to the forest I deliberately go where I know I will see hardly anyone, in the unlikely event that I do it would be easy to keep a safe distance. I don't see a problem with this. What are your views guys ?......
 
Hi all, don’t know about the rest of the world but here the tv channels are digging out all the oldies, to fill the gaps.
Just waiting to see if they bring out the original cartoons, Felix, Tom and Jerry, or even the keystone cops and Lorral and Hardy. The latter would really please my dad
 
Jeff, Hi
Good on you for keeping distance, my thoughts are don’t tell anybody where that way you won’t get everybody trying to do the same.
 
The problem here is that they’ve closed most of the large parking areas at the popular trail heads because people were not keeping social distancing. So that forces everyone to the few state parks that are open or the smaller spots. My favorite trail has only about 6 parking spots and it’s been full every time we’ve tried it for the past 2 weeks. Normally I would park along the road but they are ticketing these days.

I don’t like to walk the puppy around our block, there are too many people and other dogs around and she doesn’t understand why she can no longer say hi to everyone.
 
I believe in social distancing but when I go to the forest I deliberately go where I know I will see hardly anyone, in the unlikely event that I do it would be easy to keep a safe distance. I don't see a problem with this. What are your views guys ?......

Exactly. That's what I'm doing. I was sort of a hermit before this. Now....I don't want to see any ones ugly mug. Lol.
 
I believe in social distancing but when I go to the forest I deliberately go where I know I will see hardly anyone, in the unlikely event that I do it would be easy to keep a safe distance. I don't see a problem with this. What are your views guys ?......

I do the same, Jeff. I often go early in the morning when even fewer people are out. Most of the time I don't see another person.
 
I believe in social distancing but when I go to the forest I deliberately go where I know I will see hardly anyone, in the unlikely event that I do it would be easy to keep a safe distance. I don't see a problem with this. What are your views guys ?......

I don't see any problem with that. Like was said, as long as the park isn't closed. I have noticed that more people are walking these days, so it's possible you might see a few folks that you wouldn't have otherwise, but like you said - easy to stay 6 feet away.
 
Hey hosers.

Picked up a grocery order today. As suspected, there were several things that were "out of stock" so after I picked up the remainder of the order, I went into the store to see what I could find. Sure enough, there were one or two things that were actually in stock, and others that had suitable substitutions. For example, I ordered a bag of dried beans - 16 bean soup mix. They didn't have that. Instead, they had a 15 bean soup mix. If these were normal times, they would have said, "Hey, is this okay instead?" and I could have approved all the substitutions on their website.

Of course, I also left with a ton of other stuff I never even had on my list, but I figured I'd stock up. I now have a LOT of dried beans. I also bought a bag of pre-cut frozen salmon fillets, forgetting that I had already bought a bag and it was sitting in my car. I now have a LOT of salmon in my freezer.

Gotta say, being single with no kids and being mostly vegetarian sure does make it easier to shelter at home during a global pandemic.
 
Morning all, I was going to make some pun about the bean but it sounded better in my head than on the screen.
Here at both ends of the morning does not help. I was doing a photo shoot last night, just waiting for the images of the mad man out in the road doing light trails to come up on the news.
Woken up by the butcher phoning to say my delivery s ready.....
 
Jeff, I've been doing the same myself when I don't have to work and our wonderful New England weather cooperates. Sharon, try Minuteman National Historic Park out in Lincoln/Concord. There are numerous parking areas and every time I've been out there it's been easy to maintain social distancing. The main trails are wide enough for everybody to keep a safe distance apart.
 
ANZAC day here in Australia today. This is equivelant to veterans day in the USA and Canada I imagine? As people could not congregate at the various war memorials due to Covid 19 they asked people to stand at the end of their driveways at 0600 and wave flags etc. In my sister in laws street there was a guy playing the bagpipes.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom