What's new

The Coffee House

Good morning Hosers! I’m tired. Best Buy thought it was ok to text me at 1:40AM last night to tell me my order was delayed! They need to fix their app.
 
Good morning Hosers! I’m tired. Best Buy thought it was ok to text me at 1:40AM last night to tell me my order was delayed! They need to fix their app.

Few nights ago @ 1 a.m., Googel texted me to ask if I was trying to recover my password in India!
 
Hi all, fingers tips now rainbow coloured, never before have I had so many problems changing inks in my printer
 
Good morning Hosers! I’m tired. Best Buy thought it was ok to text me at 1:40AM last night to tell me my order was delayed! They need to fix their app.

Few nights ago @ 1 a.m., Googel texted me to ask if I was trying to recover my password in India!
Whoa, not a good text at ALL, anytime!
 
I am not ashamed or embarrassed to admit that yesterday I charged $150 online at Barnes & Noble. :icon_cheers: My order is actually arriving on time, too!

This hunkering down is giving me a great excuse to buy books. Doesn't matter how obscure.
 
I am not ashamed or embarrassed to admit that yesterday I charged $150 online at Barnes & Noble. :icon_cheers: My order is actually arriving on time, too!

This hunkering down is giving me a great excuse to buy books. Doesn't matter how obscure.
That’s awesome! I’m always a fan of book deliveries.

The wife and I used to buy so many books, but we’ve succumbed to ebooks through our local library. It didn’t help that Borders went out, and the closest Barnes and Noble went out. We have to drive 30-40 minutes to get to B&N, so it’s not happening even on a semi-monthly basis with a 2-year old.

We have a couple of books lying around that I want to read/reread.

Read:
Starless Sea

Reread:
Night Circus
Lonely Hearts Hotel

Lonely Hearts Hotel was probably one of my favorite reads in a long time. It’s super dark and gritty.

I’d love to see Night Circus adapted into a film, but I don’t think they’d be able to do it justice. (Well, can they ever?)

ETA: I’m about halfway through the last Harry Potter book as of last night.
 
Last edited:
I am not ashamed or embarrassed to admit that yesterday I charged $150 online at Barnes & Noble. :icon_cheers: My order is actually arriving on time, too!

This hunkering down is giving me a great excuse to buy books. Doesn't matter how obscure.

I am not ashamed or embarrassed to admit that yesterday I charged $150 online at Barnes & Noble. :icon_cheers: My order is actually arriving on time, too!

This hunkering down is giving me a great excuse to buy books. Doesn't matter how obscure.
That’s awesome! I’m always a fan of book deliveries.

The wife and I used to buy so many books, but we’ve succumbed to ebooks through our local library. It didn’t help that Borders went out, and the closest Barnes and Noble went out. We have to drive 30-40 minutes to get to B&N, so it’s not happening even on a semi-monthly basis with a 2-year old.

We have a couple of books lying around that I want to read/reread.

Read:
Starless Sea

Reread:
Night Circus
Lonely Hearts Hotel

Lonely Hearts Hotel was probably one of my favorite reads in a long time. I’d love to see Night Circus adapted into a film, but I don’t think they’d be able to do it justice. (Well, can they ever?)

ETA: I’m about halfway through the last Harry Potter book as of last night.

Bookshop: Buy books online. Support local bookstores.

I think this is going to be my new favorite way to buy books. I read about it in the NYT a little while ago and it's a way to buy books online while still supporting independent bookstores. I can't remember how it all works - and that's assuming I understood it all in the first place ;) - but it's apparently really taken off, especially now that people are looking for alternatives to Amazon. I've bought only one book so far, but it seems pretty good.
 
I do a lot of ebook borrowing from our library. Super easy. But I do occasionally give my eyes a break and get a real book. Especially in summer as I won’t bring my tablet to the beach and my dreaded has not worked in a bit.
 
Terri
Hiya what sort of books do you read?
All kinds, rotational like. :) This latest group includes parts 2 and 3 of the Gormenghast trilogy by Mervyn Peake, along with some sci-fi, a novel by Alice Walker, and a used copy of my old biology textbook, among other things. :lol:

What about you?
 
Terri
Hiya what sort of books do you read?
All kinds, rotational like. :) This latest group includes parts 2 and 3 of the Gormenghast trilogy by Mervyn Peake, along with some sci-fi, a novel by Alice Walker, and a used copy of my old biology textbook, among other things. [emoji38]

What about you?

I love Gormenghast.Titus alone my favourite of the three.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
 
I wish I read books but my problem is I have a very short attention span, that's mainly why I try to use fast shutter speeds.......:)
 
Terri
Hiya what sort of books do you read?
All kinds, rotational like. :) This latest group includes parts 2 and 3 of the Gormenghast trilogy by Mervyn Peake, along with some sci-fi, a novel by Alice Walker, and a used copy of my old biology textbook, among other things. [emoji38]

What about you?

I love Gormenghast.Titus alone my favourite of the three.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Good to hear, since it's the last of the trilogy. Usually the reviews say the first one is the best. I tend to think that has more to do with the newness element of the novel, which can't be duplicated, of course.
 
I wish I read books but my problem is I have a very short attention span, that's mainly why I try to use fast shutter speeds.......:)
Too bad, but it seems you've learned to live with it. I think part of my soul would die if I couldn't read!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom