What's new

The Coffee House

Don't you turn your phones off at night...? or am I missing something? My plan when I retired was to take my work cell and fling it in the river. (And of course give them the money for it! lol) Not really... one of my coworkers said she was going to wear a tube top and flip flops her last day. I think we were in fantasy land.

Just got a new cell, an updated version of my oldie but goodie. It's red. It's cute. It's too light weight and I already flung it on the floor! I can't hang on to it and I tried to catch it and juggled it and off it went! lol

And waiting for a call back because the activation super secret code or whatever hasn't activated it yet. The old phone finally died and won't recharge so they had to email it and I give up on a call back because it's the weekend. Geez thought it'd be easy enough to put in the new SIM card and battery and I'd have a fun new toy to play with. Because this plastic is just like what they made toys out of! lol I got a new CD player/radio and it's nice that it's small and compact compared to my old one, but - it's a toy! lol
 
The only thing about that Bookshop site is the return procedure, if I'm reading it right. You need to send it to them, not to the seller. Usually for things I buy I get a return label and I can just leave it out for UPS. So that doesn't sound like an option for me, but I do have things in my B&N cart, and it's the 1st so it's time to go help a bookstore stay in business. And could pay a bill or something but nah, that'll wait til Monday, I have priorities!

edit - And apparently it's the phone... back to Amazon and back to the drawing board I guess.
 
Last edited:
Meanwhile, about those barn swallows....

Nest and eggs 2020.webp



As of taking a peek yesterday morning. This vantage point is from holding my cell phone blindly over the nest, reaching up from a step stool and pointing down.
 
Nice shot......
Thank you. She's been working for weeks repairing and building up this old nest. They arrived exactly on April 1, hanging around, flying in and out. Have no idea where these birds find the fluffy white feathers, year after year. :)
 
Into my 7th week of lockdown and I am beginning to crack now, might go for a short drive tomorrow.
 
Into my 7th week of lockdown and I am beginning to crack now, might go for a short drive tomorrow.

Driving is helpful. Other than the lack of traffic, it almost feels normal.
 
<rant>Why can't people follow jammin' instructions? </rant>

Now that I got that off my chest ... Good morning, peeps.
We had a little thunderstorm last night; it actually got stuffy inside so we had to turn on the A/C for a bit. Found the year's first stink bug, yesterday; disposed of in a manner befitting it's name.

Scratching my head on the latest round of work stuff - I'm writing a script that looks at the data source of map layers. If the source is a particular server, I change it to a different server, then save the map (we're changing from one database type to another). Basically it's like going through my posts here, and changing the link for my Flickr photos to a different hosting location. My method looks fine, the intermediate steps are OK, but it either does not change the source, or it fails to save the map file. I think we're calling customer support on this one.
 
Been out for a drive, everywhere in the forest closed off but at least I got out for a while, so liberating........
 
May the 4th be with you.

A1839F3B-E029-484C-AB96-12C80849190C.webp
 
Terri, is that going to be soup or an omelette? :biggrinangelA: seriously, keep us posted when the little guys hatch, they go from hideous, to cute to gone so quickly. :1219:
 
Jeff, uk fuel prices have really dropped even the local garage that is normally a few pence above the supermarket is down to 1.07 as you say no where to go. I have not left the island since feb... is there still something attached to the other side of the bridge
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom