The Coffee House

Yes we did, but... I've always liked new wave/punk, which became alternative rock, or modern rock, or indie, or whatever else it's been called. A good bit later than Dick Clark and Soul Train of my childhood.

Been listening this evening, not sure how far I am into the 6-7 hours from '09... and realized it was always their top 500 all time, picked that year. Think I'll go next to the first one, there are probably a lot of repeats in between. They did really used to play sound effects like it was the Indy 500 every so often, so I half expect to hear that. And the DJs, it's odd to not hear them.

6 hours is getting long... back to it tomorrow.

Hello, where'd you find that Leo?? priceless. And the dancing, if you could call it that, in a glimpse of the fans near the stage, that was a bit of a flashback.

Hey, all you Brits, was Cliff Richard really popular? or... not so much...
Quite the fine mullet though...

Last edited:
6 hours is getting long... back to it tomorrow.

Hello, where'd you find that Leo?? priceless. And the dancing, if you could call it that, in a glimpse of the fans near the stage, that was a bit of a flashback.

Hey, all you Brits, was Cliff Richard really popular? or... not so much...
Quite the fine mullet though...

Once we moved from Australia to the UK, Sir Cliff Richard was the Elvis of the UK, and loved by many.

Last edited:
The pool is up! Waiting on my water delivery from h2o to go. Hopefully they’ll squeeze us in this weekend. Tuesday is expected to be back to the 80 we hit yesterday. Right now I’m chilling on the couch with the pups - trying to get enough energy to order or cook dinner and waiting for my turn on Words w Friends. My exciting quarantine life. Time to shake things up with some cocktails I think!

The pool is up! Waiting on my water delivery from h2o to go.
Out of curiosity, why not just use a garden hose?

Mostly cost - water bills here are expensive. The pool holds 8,000 gallons of water. That’s just over 30,000 liters for you Canadians and Europeans. I’ve done the math in the past and it’s cheaper to have it delivered. Once we go above 2000 gallons for the quarter it bumps us up into a higher per gallon cost. Our pool empties out at the end of the season and we store it away. The cost to fill it is about what we’d pay a pool service top open and close up a year round pool.

Also it would take about 2-3 days to fill the pool by a hose which would be annoying having it run all that time. This is easy - they show up with a tanker truck full of spotlessly clean water and it takes about 15-20 minutes to empty the truck.

This is the only pic I have on my iPad that gives a good idea of the size.

3631B5A2-5BDC-4818-B1BB-B16A3BBA473F.jpeg

They must really gouge you on the rates if delivery is cheaper than municipal, but that makes sense. Only a government entity could get away with increasing the charge for purchasing more of a product.... :mad:

They must really gouge you on the rates if delivery is cheaper than municipal, but that makes sense. Only a government entity could get away with increasing the charge for purchasing more of a product.... :mad:

It’s complicated but in short - our city is among a group that pays a premium as we are under some type of surcharge for Boston harbor cleanup from many years ago. It’s ridiculous. I pay about 3x as much as my cousin who lives in the next town over.

Morning all,
Square peg, you must have to watch your water use all the time

I was listening to a pod cast last night and the host was giving out tips
He said that he has 3,three, batteries for two cameras, if he goes out on a shoot.
My reaction was shocked, I mean if I am going out the back door to photo birds I take three bats
If I am away from home, for the day or on holiday I will take 8 batts, the mains and the car chargers
I am not running out of battery power, I can’t images doing a shoot paid or not with two cameras and only three batts
Between them 1 in each camera and 1 left over.....
He also went on about so/cf men cards
Well that I know I am over the top on. In my film days I would use 5mtrs of film in a day
So now I carry lots of mem cards, but When I have finished photos at one location, I will put that mem card(s)
Away and use clean ones for the next location
I won’t delete anything until I am back home and have downloaded the images.
So yea I tend to use a lot of sad cards

Morning all,
Square peg, you must have to watch your water use all the time

It forces us to do our part for conserving water. I’m expecting a big bill this quarter with all the extra cleaning and hand washing plus everyone being home 24/7.

I was listening to a pod cast last night and the host was giving out tips
He said that he has 3,three, batteries for two cameras, if he goes out on a shoot.
My reaction was shocked, I mean if I am going out the back door to photo birds I take three bats
If I am away from home, for the day or on holiday I will take 8 batts, the mains and the car chargers
I am not running out of battery power, I can’t images doing a shoot paid or not with two cameras and only three batts
Between them 1 in each camera and 1 left over.....
He also went on about so/cf men cards
Well that I know I am over the top on. In my film days I would use 5mtrs of film in a day
So now I carry lots of mem cards, but When I have finished photos at one location, I will put that mem card(s)
Away and use clean ones for the next location
I won’t delete anything until I am back home and have downloaded the images.
So yea I tend to use a lot of sad cards

I always carried just one spare with my Nikon and rarely had to use it unless I was heavily using the lcd for live view. With my Fuji mirrorless I take at least 2 spares, usually 3 as battery life is the only con that I’ve found for the xt2.

I tend to keep using a card until it’s full then I will switch it out. I don’t delete after uploading, I leave them on there until I need to reformat the card. No real reason and something I need to change

I pay about 3x as much as my cousin who lives in the next town over.
Sink a well in your back yard?

Over the years our FD filled a lot of pools. Our local water district is on the high side as well, for less then half the cost of "running a hose", we'd bring the tanker out. Funny thing was we filled up the tanker at the fire hydrant (which was on the water district), and being a FD we aren't charged for water. They've complained about it off and on, but no one was brave enough to try and stop it.

Most reactions

Back