What's new

The Coffee House

Did some price checking on Flickr and PB. Still looking into it.
I know 'everyone' has Facebook....but I used PB 6-8 yrs ago for emailing photos.
Because of our travels in an RV, I would load @15 photos maybe a short video onto PB. Then write an explanation, story and link the photos to email.
It worked really well at the time. Our friends, family really enjoyed the story/history/ wow factor to the info.
Guess I am still stuck in the past....

( I do have some family members without FB, so was leaning with how to do this efficiently)

Google Photos is free and you can share the albums. The only issue is that it’s not full res storage. But for social media sharing needs it’s great. You can share the album on Facebook or email or text a link to your family and friends or, I believe, make the photos public for them to view via Google Photos app. Not so great if people want to download and print.

Did some price checking on Flickr and PB. Still looking into it.
I know 'everyone' has Facebook....but I used PB 6-8 yrs ago for emailing photos.
Because of our travels in an RV, I would load @15 photos maybe a short video onto PB. Then write an explanation, story and link the photos to email.
It worked really well at the time. Our friends, family really enjoyed the story/history/ wow factor to the info.
Guess I am still stuck in the past....

( I do have some family members without FB, so was leaning with how to do this efficiently)
Why not get yourself some webspace on a hosting service, a Wordpress template and set up your own 'site. So much easier... upload as many as you like, ftp access, so multiple uploads go really quickly, and you can display them however you want. There are literally thousands of free templates for blogs and galleries.

Hey thanks guys. Great info and options.
 
Finally... I'm getting up in the world..
Spiking%20(Custom).JPG
 
  • Like
Reactions: PJM
It is a cool view but no thanks, never again! Last November was the last time I'll ever climb a tree. On landing while exiting the tree I broke my tailbone, still can't sit in the car more than 45 minutes without it killing me. Apparently old fat guys are supposed to know better. :):BangHead:
 
It is a cool view but no thanks, never again! Last November was the last time I'll ever climb a tree. On landing while exiting the tree I broke my tailbone, still can't sit in the car more than 45 minutes without it killing me. Apparently old fat guys are supposed to know better. :):BangHead:
This one doesn't... yet!

I was hoping you were going zip-lining!
I wish... tree trimming! :(
 
Yes, the gear is amazing. It's fun to pass someone eating out of the back of their truck and seeing the plywood platforms they made. Either for sleeping, or organizing all their gear!
 
Morning all,
I wonder if anybody has ever tried to mark on a world map
Where all the different members they talk to are.
I might give it a shot; I think most list at least the country. State for US, Province for Canada, and whatever I can get for the rest. For the moving targets, like NancyMoranG, I can get just take a guess.

Finally... I'm getting up in the world..
If I were meant to climb trees, I'd have real claws.

View attachment 193066

Even though visitation is down at National Park, everyone was here today! ;)
Bear 399 with her 4 cubs made an appearance...
That is a lot of glass. I :pumpformylove: the cubs.

Part one of the new home-office, the table, is done. The current desk (a drawing/drafting table) was moved from the window this past weekend. The new desk is supposed to be delivered Friday. We think we're going to be on home telecommute for a while (one of the CATV company HQ folks are home through until September). Even after we phase back to the regular office, I'll be telecommuting at least one day per week. Management is impressed on how productive we are being from home.


Home-office 1
by Snowbear Photography, on Flickr
 
I had another dental procedure last week and the pain back. After a week of pain things are finally feeling better. The good news is that the camera I ordered 4 weeks ago came in today. I traded in my Fuji X-T2 for the X-T4. Had to wait for the silver version. It is slightly bigger and a little more weight, but really not that noticeable. Took a few test shots and the AF is so much faster. I'll give it a work out tomorrow and looking forward to shooting some video too.
 
Hi all, saw my parents for the first time since feb, yesterday.
Made their day and mine, even though we talk on the phone and do the thing where we can see each other
It’s not the same as in person.
Stay well stay safe, chat to your friends and family if you can.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom