What's new

The Coffee House

I use the free flicker to share photos with my family.
My kids have set their phone to ding when I post new images.
During lockdown I have posted things for the to brighten their day
 
I see Flickr is down again. I just uploaded a photo of my muse in a swimming pool - perhaps I broke it.

How do you like Flickr? I used Photobucket years ago to share a lot of photos of my travels to people. Am now just getting back and would hate to pay monthly fee to PB...

As a storage/hosting site it's good, but as a discussion site it's hopeless.

You could try the free option, then when you approach the limit, decide if you like it?

Yes the discussion threads are not comparable to TPF or photography Facebook groups but the individual photo comments are sometimes very interesting and the community is very supportive.
 
I have a TON of photos on PB from years ago. With personal tragedy I stopped everything for a while.
They sent emails but I didn't do anything with account.
Now, I will have to figure out how/if to get MY photos off there if I move.
 
I have the free account, actually two of them. Once some of by other obligations are paid off, I'll probably switch to a pro account.
 
Happy Friday, hosers! :icon_sunny:
 
Hi all,
Cold wet and windy here. Just went to post some more pics on flicker, decided to use lap top not I pad
Flicker wants me to use a newer web browser... oh well back to I pad
 
I didn't like changes to Flickr quite some time ago, I think I just have a header photo on there. Don't like the layout, but can't remember what Yahoo did with it that made me take everything off. (Oh wait, sold it, didn't they?) I guess I ought to sign in and close it out if I'm not going to use it. I just never need anything to host photos, I have them on my computer and ext. hard drives and that seems to be all I really need.

I got 'homework' to go finish, break's about over!

edit - Tropicalmemories you broke what, Flickr or the swimming pool?? lol

Charlie, I think too sometimes work out for the best, and down the road you're just as glad it worked out the way it did. Of course, sometimes sh#% just happens...!
 
Well, I was just looking at a video about balancing the tonearm on your turntable ... so I did it ... spun up the old Dual ... then I got stuck listening to numerous records ... nothing beats that clickn pop hum ... Touched by the Hand of Dub.
 
Did some price checking on Flickr and PB. Still looking into it.
I know 'everyone' has Facebook....but I used PB 6-8 yrs ago for emailing photos.
Because of our travels in an RV, I would load @15 photos maybe a short video onto PB. Then write an explanation, story and link the photos to email.
It worked really well at the time. Our friends, family really enjoyed the story/history/ wow factor to the info.
Guess I am still stuck in the past....

( I do have some family members without FB, so was leaning with how to do this efficiently)
 
Did some price checking on Flickr and PB. Still looking into it.
I know 'everyone' has Facebook....but I used PB 6-8 yrs ago for emailing photos.
Because of our travels in an RV, I would load @15 photos maybe a short video onto PB. Then write an explanation, story and link the photos to email.
It worked really well at the time. Our friends, family really enjoyed the story/history/ wow factor to the info.
Guess I am still stuck in the past....

( I do have some family members without FB, so was leaning with how to do this efficiently)

Google Photos is free and you can share the albums. The only issue is that it’s not full res storage. But for social media sharing needs it’s great. You can share the album on Facebook or email or text a link to your family and friends or, I believe, make the photos public for them to view via Google Photos app. Not so great if people want to download and print.
 
Did some price checking on Flickr and PB. Still looking into it.
I know 'everyone' has Facebook....but I used PB 6-8 yrs ago for emailing photos.
Because of our travels in an RV, I would load @15 photos maybe a short video onto PB. Then write an explanation, story and link the photos to email.
It worked really well at the time. Our friends, family really enjoyed the story/history/ wow factor to the info.
Guess I am still stuck in the past....

( I do have some family members without FB, so was leaning with how to do this efficiently)
Why not get yourself some webspace on a hosting service, a Wordpress template and set up your own 'site. So much easier... upload as many as you like, ftp access, so multiple uploads go really quickly, and you can display them however you want. There are literally thousands of free templates for blogs and galleries.
 
I`m knackered after my ride with Marilyn ( Name of bike) today. Marilyn Monroe was my all time favourite, so my new Whyte Ridgeway is named after MM. Taken with my Huawei P30.


Whyte Ridgeway and St Peters Church by Dave, on Flickr
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom