What's new

The Coffee House

The article I read said the comet would only be visible in the northern hemisphere. I assume the further north the better.

With all the heat and storms we've had the passed week, I haven't had the chance to see it. Finally got a break and I looked for it last night. Unsuccessfully. It's clouded over again and supposed to get worse as the week progresses. Just my luck.

Rainy/stormy photos are some of the best shots ever captured. Think about all the opportunities you have. It rains one day a year here and even then it's a sand storm. =]
 
Thunder in the distance, again. We'll wait and see if it rains, and if it will be another deluge (like last night). MLW got stuck at the supermarket waiting for it to slack off.
Homemade lasagna for dinner (meatless, this time)! :boogie:
 
Well, I'm going in to be working from the office for the second time since the end of March.. The department is in the process of remodeling their spaces in the building: new paint, carpet cubicles, and getting rid of junk, as well as larger gathering spaces. I have already packed my desk, but there are some common spaces in our area that need to be addresses. The boss is going in tomorrow and Monday to pack his stuff and tackle some of the common areas. The others are going in tomorrow. So that we aren't all in there at once, I chose today.
 
Are they reducing the common space so you don’t gather there
Or giving you more room?
 
One file cabinet cleared out, maps off of the nine bulletin boards around the office, and a whole bunch of junk thrown out.

Are they reducing the common space so you don’t gather there
Or giving you more room?
More an issue of "gathering" spaces. The office is split into three sections. - an outer area where you enter (four work spaces there), the manager's office, and the inner area (four work spaces) where I am. The outer office has a large table we use to lay out & roll up maps for delivery, glue up posters to foam core, etc. There are also two 42" plotters, an eight foot paper cutter, and a supply cabinet. The inner office has a bookcase, two file cabinets, a cart with a regular office printer, a "banana table" (really an elongated "S") where we have staff meetings, another supply cabinet, and a roll-around large screen TV.

The two tables are red flags for "social gathering". The outer office one has to stay, or it needs to be replaced as it is a work surface. The banana can go since we don't anticipate having in person staff meetings for quite a while. Ultimately the TV, at least one supply cabinet, at least one file cabinet and the plotters are going out the door. We will bring in another big screen (it is used for presentations and, we hope, to monitor the status of our servers) and a newer plotter.

A corner office, top floor?
I have a view. I spent close to 20 years in buildings without windows, so what I have is wonderful. I truly think my next real move will be out.
 
Opening Day was really odd... not that I'm a big baseball fan, but I usually watch the parade and home opener. It was strange obviously late July to just be starting baseball season. At least with the PA going there was a little background noise, it just looked odd behind home plate to see empty seats.

I don't know what hockey playoffs will be like. I don't really get the point of the NHL holding playoffs three months after the season ended. What I don't get is how they'll play in August and then go into a regular season. Not that there wasn't already a long break but I wonder if it won't take a toll if they start preseason in Sept. and then go til next June, that'd be an awfully long season.

But if they're going to televise hockey, I'll watch! I'd watch if they brought back Pro Beach Hockey - ramp it up!
 
I listened to some of the Red Sox opener on my drive yo to the mountains yesterday. It helped the 2.5 hour drive pass by as it it were only 4.5 hours! Had to karaoke all the way home to stay awake. Left home at 6:30pm and arrived back at 5:30am. Astrophotography is a young person’s game! Or for the retired crowd with not a lot of other responsibilities. I’m neither and had a tough day today. Had to wale up to take the dog to the vet appointment then had to drop by a socially distant bbq and have been dragging you know what all day!
 
I listened to some of the Red Sox opener on my drive yo to the mountains yesterday. It helped the 2.5 hour drive pass by as it it were only 4.5 hours! Had to karaoke all the way home to stay awake. Left home at 6:30pm and arrived back at 5:30am. Astrophotography is a young person’s game! Or for the retired crowd with not a lot of other responsibilities. I’m neither and had a tough day today. Had to wale up to take the dog to the vet appointment then had to drop by a socially distant bbq and have been dragging you know what all day!

You need a young driver so you can sleep on the road. I can't do the all nighter's anymore. Two years ago we got stuck in Playa del Carmen overnight with the taxi strike and that was rough.
 
I listened to some of the Red Sox opener on my drive yo to the mountains yesterday. It helped the 2.5 hour drive pass by as it it were only 4.5 hours! Had to karaoke all the way home to stay awake. Left home at 6:30pm and arrived back at 5:30am. Astrophotography is a young person’s game! Or for the retired crowd with not a lot of other responsibilities. I’m neither and had a tough day today. Had to wale up to take the dog to the vet appointment then had to drop by a socially distant bbq and have been dragging you know what all day!

You need a young driver so you can sleep on the road. I can't do the all nighter's anymore. Two years ago we got stuck in Playa del Carmen overnight with the taxi strike and that was rough.

We used to be able to share driving but with Covid we’ve all been taking our own cars and driving solo. I slept about 4 hours when I got home and took as hour nap in between errands and the bbq. I'm zonked but I know if I got to sleep before 11 I'll be wide awake at 4.
 
Saw this in a pharmacy shop yesterday.
Kids sweets made to look like pills.
What could possobly go wrong? :-(

20200726-20200725_164116.webp
 
Morning, hosers.

Those candies that look like pills seem like a remarkably bad idea. If that were in the States, it might as well literally say "future lawsuit" on the packaging.

In other news, I am organizing my cameras to start packing them up. I apparently have a Voigtlander Vito II. Totally forgot about it. Maybe when the dust settles, I'll finally get to that backlog and start shooting again, and take this little guy out for a spin.


IMG_20200727_122350.webp
 
Morning, hosers.

Those candies that look like pills seem like a remarkably bad idea. If that were in the States, it might as well literally say "future lawsuit" on the packaging.

In other news, I am organizing my cameras to start packing them up. I apparently have a Voigtlander Vito II. Totally forgot about it. Maybe when the dust settles, I'll finally get to that backlog and start shooting again, and take this little guy out for a spin.


View attachment 195104

That's a very nice compact classic. Hope you get things sorted soon.
 
Oooh! I think I have a Vito too, but maybe a different model.

MLB didn't get too far past Opening Day and here we go... Miami Marlins I guess didn't even start their season yet?! No, I won't be getting to any college hockey games, fall semester anyway, even though they haven't made an announcement yet.

Class started, and besides a syllabus, points? paper? I don't think so... lol Didn't mention non credit options, others are teachers who are doing what I used to do and using the hours toward renewing their certificate/license. Gotta check with the prof but no grade no credit is what I paid and signed up for, don't need that stuff anymore - yay!!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom