What's new

The Coffee House

Moved the five desktops to a training room across the street (we remote connect to them for running the analysis), got all of the "surplus" property to a single spot, went through one of the two supply cabinets (my fellow contractor went through the other one), and threw out the trash; including that left behind by the other two people in the office. The boss was not pleased with them. Of course, I'm exhausted and in a bit of pain.

I was taking a short break, after moving the towers, and poked my head into the boss's office. "I just got off the phone with Wanda (the director), you better sit down." Not really bad news, we are probably going to be moved, from the second floor to the first, and into a larg

I still need to move my remaining 38" monitor to wherever they want to store them, and bring the 17" home, so I'm going back in tomorrow.

I went "out back" to look for the comet, Saturday evening. That was the first night we didn't have storms or fully cloudy skies. No comet (I think the trees were too tall) but a cloud antelope did pass by.

DSC_3353.jpg
by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr
 
Nightlife in Bangkok is starting again, although many venues have closed permanently. But this was the entrance to a new bar called 'The Locker Room".

20200801-20200731_230418.webp
 
What’s up for the weekend Hosetown homies?
 
My exterior house painting has turned into a full interior paint as well! When some of the vents that were outside for the old portable air-conditioning system were removed the walls have to be patched so now they need to be painted and then of course that makes the trim look dingy so that needs to be painted as well and changing color was in order and then rearranging some furniture! It’s a whole new house. Could it just be that I’ve been watching too much hgtv while stuck in the house more than usual?
 
Nightlife in Bangkok is starting again, although many venues have closed permanently. But this was the entrance to a new bar called 'The Locker Room".

View attachment 195247


I've had plenty 'lock ins' in pubs over the years but never seen anything like this:D:D. Thank goodness I no longer partake in the consumption of alcohol.
 
Last edited:
Plans for the W/e on hold. The island is grid locked, Even some staff from local shops Who live on the island taking an hour to home. There seems to be a manic got to do this now don’t get In my way feel
Even local pizza delivery is asking where on the island one lives before taking orders to be delivered.
Take care all,
 
The planter boxes I installed in May grew wild with no fruit to bear. This morning I pulled out the watermelon plant since nothing grew to plant pumpkin seeds for October. I found this strange looking dude hidden on the bottom of the watermelon plants. Pumpkins seeds in, lets see what else I can be surprised with. =]

qEw5k8bl.jpg
 
Yum.

Ya know Katomi there have been TV shows about getting voted off the island...

But more seriously, hang in there, things seem to be at a standstill in Europe, although all I know is needlework supplies. A shop owner said they've been waiting for supplies from France, Germany; were told 3 weeks now 4. I had an order cancelled and I just went with what they had in stock because they are waiting for things to be shipped across the Atlantic by boat - what is this, the 1940's?

I do hope you're doing OK.
 
My class this week has worn me out, I'm not used to working at this pace having to ya know, actually get things done! I'm not even taking this grad level course for credit much less a grade (because I am NOT writing any semblance of a paper!). But it's been a lot of mess and paint and I am NOT I swear using any more red. But of course I have to get things done enough to get out of the class what I paid good money for, but it is rather freeing to not need credit hours etc. and to be able to do what projects I want.

Leo, in pursuit of said needlework supplies (for another class) I found a great quilt pattern for you - Lana the Lemur.

Lana Lemur Quilt Kit | Featuring Adventure by Elizabeth Hartman
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom