What's new

The Coffee House

Morning all, just called in to say hi before I have to go and do a rubbish tip run
I have managed to book a slot, well a week ago I did and even though I hurt like hell today I have to do the run or loose the slot. If I am really lucky the rain will hold off until I have been.
I missed the post so what’s with the pic of the inside of the car, or is someone boldly going forward because they can’t find reverse. If so there be clingon’s on the starboard bow

It was a weak attempt at keeping someone engaged on the forums with updates about their extracurricular activities. =]

It was only weak because I was slow and didn't get it :(

In my defense, I don't have a whole lot of mental bandwidth at the moment.
 
In my defense, I don't have a whole lot of mental bandwidth at the moment.
Packing and moving does that to you.
 
Hosers... I’m exhausted from chasing the comet. I am getting too old for this! Early to bed tonight if I can stay away from editing all my cool comet pics.
 
Hosers... I’m exhausted from chasing the comet. I am getting too old for this! Early to bed tonight if I can stay away from editing all my cool comet pics.
From what I've seen already, you just killed it! :)
 
Hosers... I’m exhausted from chasing the comet. I am getting too old for this! Early to bed tonight if I can stay away from editing all my cool comet pics.
From what I've seen already, you just killed it! :)

Thanks a bunch! We had a blast and I was amazed at how easy it was to photograph the comet! Around here the challenges are many for night sky stuff. But where we were last night (Gloucester and Rockport MA), the main issue is the residents are very stingy with beach access. There are a few spots here and there of donated conservation land along the ocean that they can't control and it kills them so they restrict parking everywhere around it. Finding a spot with legal parking, public beach access, an interesting foreground and dark skies is like finding a unicorn! We were totally thrilled with the location even though we had to hike back out of there uphill in the dark. And my car was still there when I got back to it!
 
I took a few 12 or so pictures last night with newly suggestion settings but I could not see anything on the camera screen. I have not check on PC but am going to wait because I am going back out tonight but to a different spot. The coffee house has been so quiet! =]


mmm coffee...
 
The coffee house has been so quiet! =]
It's hot! No one wants to come into the Coffee House for coffee! :lol:

More to the point, the forum always experiences a slowdown in the middle of summer. People are out, on vacation or stay-cations, and just not as likely to spend time here. It's always been this way, here and on other forums I visit.

Things seriously pick up again after Labor Day/onset of fall. :)
 
It is hot here with almost 100. Should drop down to the high 80s soon. I have 2 families in town this week that want photos. Hopefully we will get a few nice evenings. My grandson is in town and just turned 2 and will pull out the bubble machine. We are still social distancing so everything will be outside.
 
Eek, that's hot, Cheryl! :eek:

We're in for a hot week ahead, mid-90's every single day. I am hoping we get afternoon thunder busters to knock it back a few times.

It's been a beautiful spring and early summer here, but since about the 4th of July, we've moved into deep South icky-weather.
 
It was 92 today and expected to top 100 tomorrow. Too hot for me. My cousin is bringing his little ones over to swim in the pool. I'll make an appearance to make sure they have everything they need and then will go back to hiding in the house with the doggies and the ac. Maybe I'll paint.
 
The coffee house has been so quiet! =]
It's hot! No one wants to come into the Coffee House for coffee! :lol:

Ice coffee! :allteeth: Bad night... went out for photos of comet. Can Am would not make it up some mountains, something is wrong. UTV party turned around and went to the sand dunes with us. Belt broke on Can Am right at the sand dunes... Car is done, stuck in the sand dunes. Buddy let me borrow RZR to go to house to get truck and trailer. Loading Can Am on truck another truck with a boat and trailer drove over the train tracks fast and lost his speed boat. Boat nearly hit us. A boat in the sand dunes, no trailer. HAHA. Sheriff comes up... * me hides beer*. Do you lose a boat? No... I lost a Can Am. Did you see a boat... Yep, guys lifted it back on the trailer and took off. Can Am back on trailer. Lost interest in any photo. Friends drank my beer. Ran out of beer. I am going home. Work for tomorrow. Changing a belt on a commander is tedious and crap. Thanks for the rant. This night sucks.

Pre-fun Can Am photo. Except there was no fun this night. Wish I had a night photo, the whips and lights are awesome. Although I hit a new high score, or so the wife tells me, I'll let you know if I can get up tomorrow morning.
 
Last edited:
Morning all a cooler day here after the sun baked days
Mike sorry to hear about your day. Seems some days no mater what you do they just don’t go right
 
The coffee house has been so quiet! =]
It's hot! No one wants to come into the Coffee House for coffee! :lol:

Ice coffee! :allteeth: Bad night... went out for photos of comet. Can Am would not make it up some mountains, something is wrong. UTV party turned around and went to the sand dunes with us. Belt broke on Can Am right at the sand dunes... Car is done, stuck in the sand dunes. Buddy let me borrow RZR to go to house to get truck and trailer. Loading Can Am on truck another truck with a boat and trailer drove over the train tracks fast and lost his speed boat. Boat nearly hit us. A boat in the sand dunes, no trailer. HAHA. Sheriff comes up... * me hides beer*. Do you lose a boat? No... I lost a Can Am. Did you see a boat... Yep, guys lifted it back on the trailer and took off. Can Am back on trailer. Lost interest in any photo. Friends drank my beer. Ran out of beer. I am going home. Work for tomorrow. Changing a belt on a commander is tedious and crap. Thanks for the rant. This night sucks.

Pre-fun Can Am photo. Except there was no fun this night. Wish I had a night photo, the whips and lights are awesome. Although I hit a new high score, or so the wife tells me, I'll let you know if I can get up tomorrow morning.

tough night.
 
The coffee house has been so quiet! =]
It's hot! No one wants to come into the Coffee House for coffee! :lol:

Ice coffee! :allteeth: Bad night... went out for photos of comet. Can Am would not make it up some mountains, something is wrong. UTV party turned around and went to the sand dunes with us. Belt broke on Can Am right at the sand dunes... Car is done, stuck in the sand dunes. Buddy let me borrow RZR to go to house to get truck and trailer. Loading Can Am on truck another truck with a boat and trailer drove over the train tracks fast and lost his speed boat. Boat nearly hit us. A boat in the sand dunes, no trailer. HAHA. Sheriff comes up... * me hides beer*. Do you lose a boat? No... I lost a Can Am. Did you see a boat... Yep, guys lifted it back on the trailer and took off. Can Am back on trailer. Lost interest in any photo. Friends drank my beer. Ran out of beer. I am going home. Work for tomorrow. Changing a belt on a commander is tedious and crap. Thanks for the rant. This night sucks.

Pre-fun Can Am photo. Except there was no fun this night. Wish I had a night photo, the whips and lights are awesome. Although I hit a new high score, or so the wife tells me, I'll let you know if I can get up tomorrow morning.

Yikes. No fun, indeed.

Sounds like that Can Am is a CAN'T Am...

That's my time, folks, but I'll be here all week! Don't forget to try the veal and tip your server!
 
The coffee house has been so quiet! =]
It's hot! No one wants to come into the Coffee House for coffee! :lol:

Ice coffee! :allteeth: Bad night... went out for photos of comet. Can Am would not make it up some mountains, something is wrong. UTV party turned around and went to the sand dunes with us. Belt broke on Can Am right at the sand dunes... Car is done, stuck in the sand dunes. Buddy let me borrow RZR to go to house to get truck and trailer. Loading Can Am on truck another truck with a boat and trailer drove over the train tracks fast and lost his speed boat. Boat nearly hit us. A boat in the sand dunes, no trailer. HAHA. Sheriff comes up... * me hides beer*. Do you lose a boat? No... I lost a Can Am. Did you see a boat... Yep, guys lifted it back on the trailer and took off. Can Am back on trailer. Lost interest in any photo. Friends drank my beer. Ran out of beer. I am going home. Work for tomorrow. Changing a belt on a commander is tedious and crap. Thanks for the rant. This night sucks.

Pre-fun Can Am photo. Except there was no fun this night. Wish I had a night photo, the whips and lights are awesome. Although I hit a new high score, or so the wife tells me, I'll let you know if I can get up tomorrow morning.

Yikes. No fun, indeed.

Sounds like that Can Am is a CAN'T Am...

That's my time, folks, but I'll be here all week! Don't forget to try the veal and tip your server!

Yes! New sticker incoming. :allteeth:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom