What's new

The Coffee House


Facebook must be cyber stalking me again. I commented on your post last night and the ad for the cat harness popped up in my FB feed this morning.

Yes, and not just based on our searches. I thought it was an urban myth about our phones listening to us, but I was discussing flooring in a DIY store, and ads for flooring popped up later in the day - but I'd not typed in any searches about flooring.

Soooooo creepy!
 
No other reason to post this photo from yesterday, other than it made me smile, and hope it does the same for others ....

20200805-2020_0803_15420000.webp
 
I miss electricity.

-829392512.webp
 
0h no! Storm or moving issues?
 
We had tornado warnings here or maybe it was a tornado “watch”... windy but no real issues here.
 
0h no! Storm or moving issues?

Storm. Not sure if power was out at the new house. We were on our way up to start cleaning and then pick up flooring, but the rain and wind were really bad and trees were down everywhere. We barely made it about halfway after two merges on the highway to avoid trees when we decided to bag it and go back to have a daytime cocktail before I went back for my second Home Depot run of the day. Power's been out since mid-afternoon.
 
Bad news: still no power.

Good news: power is on at the new house.

Shower curtain has been hung.
FB_IMG_1596663364273.webp
 
I WANT THAT SHOWER CURTAIN. :biglaugh: I will be stealing it and Bob when I come visit. Maybe you won't notice.

This sucks about the power, though it's a good sign that it's on at your new house! Hopefully it all comes back soon.
 
With the much cooler temps we've been taking the pups individually for walks at the nature center. Last night changed to a walk at a neighboring city park. The garden club has a beautiful garden and vegetable garden. Started chatting with a young couple dressed up and the parents. They wanted prom photos even though their prom was cancelled. Mom was taking photos with a cell. I volunteered to take one for them. Fortunately I had switched out the 35mm for the 90mm on the Fuji. Ended up taking about dozen with 6 keepers.
 
With the much cooler temps we've been taking the pups individually for walks at the nature center. Last night changed to a walk at a neighboring city park. The garden club has a beautiful garden and vegetable garden. Started chatting with a young couple dressed up and the parents. They wanted prom photos even though their prom was cancelled. Mom was taking photos with a cell. I volunteered to take one for them. Fortunately I had switched out the 35mm for the 90mm on the Fuji. Ended up taking about dozen with 6 keepers.
Good for you! One never knows when one is walking into a photo op. :lol: Very cool!
 
With the much cooler temps we've been taking the pups individually for walks at the nature center. Last night changed to a walk at a neighboring city park. The garden club has a beautiful garden and vegetable garden. Started chatting with a young couple dressed up and the parents. They wanted prom photos even though their prom was cancelled. Mom was taking photos with a cell. I volunteered to take one for them. Fortunately I had switched out the 35mm for the 90mm on the Fuji. Ended up taking about dozen with 6 keepers.
Good for you! One never knows when one is walking into a photo op. :lol: Very cool!

We usually walk at the nature center which has been popular lately with photographers. I've seen the same photographer and his assistant 3x this week taking Senior photos. She pulls a wagon with gear and a chair. They normally stay on the paved section, but the other night was setting up light stand off the path. You have to navigate a big mud mess to get there. I didn't see the Senior he was planning on shooting. She or he may not be happy to go thru mud. On the other side of the marsh is an open grass cut area, but again you have to navigate a muddy path on that side. We saw one family walking back. The mom had 2 kids and shoes, the dad was pushing a stroller thru the mess. My husband said "oh you must be getting family photos" the mom replied "trying to". She didn't look happy nor the small children. I don't understand trying to navigate the muddy areas. Or just change locations all together.
 
Sorry for the late reply. Recovering from roofing my son's house. I'm not getting any younger.

Congrats @limr on the new place. Nothing like the freedom to do what you want. Love the new shower curtain.

Saw this picture the other day and thought of you. Mine will not be winning races any time soon. Lmao.

t1-281060-9f_474d_b53e_6ff4653819a3.webp
 
No other reason to post this photo from yesterday, other than it made me smile, and hope it does the same for others ....

View attachment 195474

After using Flickr for 10 years - the above photo was my first 'Explore'.

I know it's only a Flickr algorithm and doesn't really mean anything, but still quite fun, especially as this was just a quick shot.

I don't dump my Flickr images in hundreds of Groups or Follow ten thousand people - so I never expected to appear in Explore. Probably be another 10 years before my next one :-)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom