What's new

The Coffee House

TC: I've found getting feminine assistance is very frequently a good thing.

Well, MLW had her last visit to the wound center for her foot. They took off the "football" (oblong, very large wrapping) and gave her some 4" x 4" bandages for the next few weeks, to help protect the area. She has a followup with the surgeon next week, at which point she should be cleared to drive. She will be off work (FMLA/IOJ so she doesn't lose leave or money) for the next six weeks. Then, she'll get to play it all again with the other elbow & wrist. She figures sometime in November, so that should keep her home through the holidays.

Speedy healing to your wife.
 
TC: I've found getting feminine assistance is very frequently a good thing.

Well, MLW had her last visit to the wound center for her foot. They took off the "football" (oblong, very large wrapping) and gave her some 4" x 4" bandages for the next few weeks, to help protect the area. She has a followup with the surgeon next week, at which point she should be cleared to drive. She will be off work (FMLA/IOJ so she doesn't lose leave or money) for the next six weeks. Then, she'll get to play it all again with the other elbow & wrist. She figures sometime in November, so that should keep her home through the holidays.

Speedy healing to your wife.
Thanks.
 
Hi Hosers! I had a busy week so haven't had too much time for posting until today. Just catching up on the coffee house chit chat. Snowbear I hope YLW is doing well. Limr can't wait to see pics of the finished sprucing to the new place. How do you like it so far? Have the cats come out of hiding yet? Dean - I know you'll be a great contest moderator.
 
117773291_2356744474480368_32629240341670685_o.png
 
It's so hooooooot here today~. Muggy.
 
It"s 4:00 am here. That time when worries are magnified.

Laid off and put on a two day a week contract due to COVID, offered a new job with a new company in a different countty.

During the day this is an exciting adventure, with a good company and the chance to experience (another) new culture ...... I'm experienced in my niche area, it's a good employer, a more developed country - what could go wrong.

At 4:00 am; I'm leaving my friends (again), having to learn a new language (again) and due to COVID it's a solo, one-way trip with no chance of return to a place I know and enjoy, fot an unknown length of time. Everything in my world will be different in less than a month.

Sleep may not happen for a while longer tonight.
 
Oh geez, TM, that's a tough one. I suppose the good news is that you DO have a job offer that seems solid. A lot of people who lost their jobs don't.

Hope everything works out for you. I think it's a perfectly normal reaction to weigh the pros and cons - only you can decide what tips the scale in your decision-making. Good luck!
 
It"s 4:00 am here. That time when worries are magnified.

Laid off and put on a two day a week contract due to COVID, offered a new job with a new company in a different countty.

During the day this is an exciting adventure, with a good company and the chance to experience (another) new culture ...... I'm experienced in my niche area, it's a good employer, a more developed country - what could go wrong.

At 4:00 am; I'm leaving my friends (again), having to learn a new language (again) and due to COVID it's a solo, one-way trip with no chance of return to a place I know and enjoy, fot an unknown length of time. Everything in my world will be different in less than a month.

Sleep may not happen for a while longer tonight.

Sorry to hear about the lay off. Change can be scary. It can also energize us!
 
Oh geez, TM, that's a tough one. I suppose the good news is that you DO have a job offer that seems solid. A lot of people who lost their jobs don't.

Hope everything works out for you. I think it's a perfectly normal reaction to weigh the pros and cons - only you can decide what tips the scale in your decision-making. Good luck!

Yes, I'm in a much better position than many. I spent the early part of the pandemic trying to help others, in the days before the tsunami reaxhed me too.

I've done it before, several times. But each time moving further from my family, losing friends and odly, my bearings. Move enough times, and you lose a sense of direction.
 
It"s 4:00 am here. That time when worries are magnified.

Laid off and put on a two day a week contract due to COVID, offered a new job with a new company in a different countty.

During the day this is an exciting adventure, with a good company and the chance to experience (another) new culture ...... I'm experienced in my niche area, it's a good employer, a more developed country - what could go wrong.

At 4:00 am; I'm leaving my friends (again), having to learn a new language (again) and due to COVID it's a solo, one-way trip with no chance of return to a place I know and enjoy, fot an unknown length of time. Everything in my world will be different in less than a month.

Sleep may not happen for a while longer tonight.

Sorry to hear about the lay off. Change can be scary. It can also energize us!

Thank you ..... yes, 'what does not kill us makes us stronger'.

In my insomniac state, I tried to work out how many times I've moved home. Son of an armed forces Father, my first of a series of country changes was when I was 6 months old. University, career moves, expat assignments followed.

I estimate I've moved home 44 times. My 45th move next month will go OK , I've had plenty of practice! - but 4:00 am is where the demons lurk.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom