What's new

The Coffee House

@limr What colors are on your wall patches? I now consider myself an expert on blue paint (and gray). Also have about 10-15 color samples of you’re interested...
 
@limr What colors are on your wall patches? I now consider myself an expert on blue paint (and gray). Also have about 10-15 color samples of you’re interested...

I definitely thought of you when I was putting those samples on the wall! :lol:

L = Laguna something
A = Arrowhead something
SJ = Skinny Jeans
SH = Shipyard

All Behr colors. It's going to be one accent wall and a bright white on the other walls. Thinking of a dark grey to do the trim along the floors.

I really liked the Skinny Jeans, but when I put a floorboard up against the patches, the Shipyard really stood out and the Skinny Jeans seemed kind of dull in comparison. So I'm keeping the sample so I can paint a couple of wooden step stools for the other rooms, just so I could use the color.

img_20200807_144733-edited-jpg.195725




This is the flooring I got:

upload_2020-8-10_22-44-15.webp
 
Oooh very pretty flooring!
 
Nice floor, just hope that onix horns don’t fall and stab whoever is in the bed.
More I look at the pic the more I like the room, the otter man suits the room to a t
 
Between those blues and that floor, your room is going to be gorgeous!

@SquarePeg: It was worth going through the agonizing when it looks this good. Beautiful color! Samples are helpful but you always have to rely on your powers of previsualization. ;)
 
Morning all
Hot again this morning, photography on hold as I am like a kids ice cream in this heat
Melting and dripping everywhere
As I found out the hard way, sweating on a camera does not do it any favours
I had a p&s I used a lot before getting the canon
Using it on a hot day smoke started to come out of the camera, it got hot enough to burn skin and melt the plastic
Needless to say I have been more careful since
I can’t see the camera shop selling a sweat /waterproof housing
For a 600d. Lol
 
And yet rain again today. At least the temperature is cooler and hopefully can get a walk in tonight. We take one dog at a time for their only child time. Plus taking 3 is them taking us for a walk. I was looking at cabins online to social distance near state parks next month. My husband found a really nice one right on the river, but no go. You have to climb a ladder to the loft for the bedroom. Not practical at our ages. I did find one that has its own gravel bar on the river that is walking distance.
 
And yet rain again today. At least the temperature is cooler and hopefully can get a walk in tonight. We take one dog at a time for their only child time. Plus taking 3 is them taking us for a walk. I was looking at cabins online to social distance near state parks next month. My husband found a really nice one right on the river, but no go. You have to climb a ladder to the loft for the bedroom. Not practical at our ages. I did find one that has its own gravel bar on the river that is walking distance.
:lol: Yes, I'd take a hard pass on thinking about going up and down a ladder - possibly in the middle of the night! The other one sounds nice for a quick late summer getaway. We've done zippo this summer - had terrific travel plans for this month and cancelled all of it. Anything involving air travel just isn't appealing right now.
 
And yet rain again today. At least the temperature is cooler and hopefully can get a walk in tonight. We take one dog at a time for their only child time. Plus taking 3 is them taking us for a walk. I was looking at cabins online to social distance near state parks next month. My husband found a really nice one right on the river, but no go. You have to climb a ladder to the loft for the bedroom. Not practical at our ages. I did find one that has its own gravel bar on the river that is walking distance.
:lol: Yes, I'd take a hard pass on thinking about going up and down a ladder - possibly in the middle of the night! The other one sounds nice for a quick late summer getaway. We've done zippo this summer - had terrific travel plans for this month and cancelled all of it. Anything involving air travel just isn't appealing right now.

Funny husband didn't notice the ladder. I saw it first thing in the photos and then in the reviews. Middle of the night would be dangerous. We cancelled our May Mexico trip and was hoping to go in Nov or Dec, but looks like that won't happen either. The cabin is a 3 night quick trip. If it looks good I may book another quick trip when the leaves turn. But, that is so iffy around here. It could rain and the leaves just drop overnight.
 
Hi all
I know this is not a wood work forum
But is their anyone who knows how to count/age tree rings
I am making a raised planter for my daughter so that she can “ garden” from her wheel chair and plan to include the story of how it was made for her.
Having the age of the knot would be a bonus
Thanks all
 

Attachments

  • 10B2A350-3F94-472E-AFE7-F9325B13D2BA.webp
    10B2A350-3F94-472E-AFE7-F9325B13D2BA.webp
    679.9 KB · Views: 52
It’s been a slightly bad day with a great ending. After a very short night the morning started with a torrential downpour; flash flood warnings in the area. On the way up the road to take MLW to her carpal & cubical tunnel surgery, we saw work Fire heading south with the Zodiac boat (swift water rescue).

I found a Panera a few blocks from the surgery center and hauled the laptop and a couple books there to camp out; they no longer offer the bottomless cup of coffee, so I get one cup and a veggie sandwich. Get a table, set up laptop and knock over my coffee.

MLW’s surgery went well; waiting for her to get dressed and come out.

I got her a little something.
03B9BFDC-FD91-4E47-B84B-F0BE51C69D2E.webp
 
Morning, hosers. A bit cooler around here today, thank Jeebus! On my way to...wait for it....Home Depot! Again!

A piece of sheetrock, paint for the bedroom, some new trim, and a kitchen sink.
 
So Leo you're buying everything including the kitchen sink?!

Charlie, not the coffee!! spill anything but that. Glad your wife is doing OK, lovely flowers, I like the simplicity of a single color flower, very nice.

Cheryl that so called cabin sounds more like a treehouse for kids! Can you imagine being half asleep and forgetting you're atop a ladder?! watch out belooooow!

Katomi isn't the age of a tree, one ring = one year? I'm not sure but I always thought that's what it meant. That'll be nice.

Well I enjoyed learning about printing but I've had enough of paint for awhile! and painty messes to clean up, and crafty fabric paints that want to stick to the print plate and brayer and everything they shouldn't! A do nothing weekend, my best friend will be up and we'll get pizza, and - there's hockey on!! 4 games today!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom