What's new

The Coffee House

Today is primary day here in Massachusetts. I voted using early voting a few weeks ago to avoid the crowds.

Took today off from work and drove down to Falmouth with my sister in law and my mom. We had a great day exploring and shopping. Stopped at IKEA on the way home but they did not have all of the pieces in stock for the bookcase and sidebar that I wanted to buy. They started delivering now due to covid so I may try to order online when it comes in.

I miss IKEA shopping. Too afraid to go into stores.

I'm going to have to go in a week or two. Going to get some new pieces of furniture for my new place. I could order them online and just pick them up from stores, but I would like to see the actual product before shelling out the money.
 
Today is primary day here in Massachusetts. I voted using early voting a few weeks ago to avoid the crowds.

Took today off from work and drove down to Falmouth with my sister in law and my mom. We had a great day exploring and shopping. Stopped at IKEA on the way home but they did not have all of the pieces in stock for the bookcase and sidebar that I wanted to buy. They started delivering now due to covid so I may try to order online when it comes in.

I miss IKEA shopping. Too afraid to go into stores.

it wasn’t crowded at all inside. We had to line up to get in as they were doing one in one out. And best of all no wait for check out! Of course we didn’t buy anything because a lot of items were out of stock.
 
Today is primary day here in Massachusetts. I voted using early voting a few weeks ago to avoid the crowds.

Took today off from work and drove down to Falmouth with my sister in law and my mom. We had a great day exploring and shopping. Stopped at IKEA on the way home but they did not have all of the pieces in stock for the bookcase and sidebar that I wanted to buy. They started delivering now due to covid so I may try to order online when it comes in.

I miss IKEA shopping. Too afraid to go into stores.

it wasn’t crowded at all inside. We had to line up to get in as they were doing one in one out. And best of all no wait for check out! Of course we didn’t buy anything because a lot of items were out of stock.

When Ikea reopened here, the social distancing measures inside the store created huge crowds outside the store.

When businesses reopened, my first thought was not that I had to have a Billy Bookcase. :-)

20200517_153208-01.webp
 
I wish we had an IKEA close enough to us to go. Closest one is a little over an hour and a half away.

I agree with @limr, I won’t purchase IKEA unless I see it. Some of their stuff is great, others not so much, at least IMO.
 
Today is primary day here in Massachusetts. I voted using early voting a few weeks ago to avoid the crowds.

Took today off from work and drove down to Falmouth with my sister in law and my mom. We had a great day exploring and shopping. Stopped at IKEA on the way home but they did not have all of the pieces in stock for the bookcase and sidebar that I wanted to buy. They started delivering now due to covid so I may try to order online when it comes in.

I miss IKEA shopping. Too afraid to go into stores.

it wasn’t crowded at all inside. We had to line up to get in as they were doing one in one out. And best of all no wait for check out! Of course we didn’t buy anything because a lot of items were out of stock.

When Ikea reopened here, the social distancing measures inside the store created huge crowds outside the store.

When businesses reopened, my first thought was not that I had to have a Billy Bookcase. :)

View attachment 196818
Where are the lines?! Lol
 
I wish we had an IKEA close enough to us to go. Closest one is a little over an hour and a half away.

I agree with @limr, I won’t purchase IKEA unless I see it. Some of their stuff is great, others not so much, at least IMO.

There isn't one very close to me, either, but the one in New Haven is manageable for more significant buying trips, and it also allows us to go to Frank Pepe's: Here Are The Best Pizza Places In America
 
Today is primary day here in Massachusetts. I voted using early voting a few weeks ago to avoid the crowds.

Took today off from work and drove down to Falmouth with my sister in law and my mom. We had a great day exploring and shopping. Stopped at IKEA on the way home but they did not have all of the pieces in stock for the bookcase and sidebar that I wanted to buy. They started delivering now due to covid so I may try to order online when it comes in.

I miss IKEA shopping. Too afraid to go into stores.

it wasn’t crowded at all inside. We had to line up to get in as they were doing one in one out. And best of all no wait for check out! Of course we didn’t buy anything because a lot of items were out of stock.

When Ikea reopened here, the social distancing measures inside the store created huge crowds outside the store.

When businesses reopened, my first thought was not that I had to have a Billy Bookcase. :)

View attachment 196818

We waited in line outdoors. There may have been 10-20 people ahead of us. We had tried to go there a few weeks ago on a Saturday and it was packed - the line looked like the queue for Space Mtn at Disney. We drove on and went to Jordan’s (another furniture store) instead.

I wish we had an IKEA close enough to us to go. Closest one is a little over an hour and a half away.

I agree with @limr, I won’t purchase IKEA unless I see it. Some of their stuff is great, others not so much, at least IMO.

The one “near” me is about an hour south. That’s why we stopped on the way home from the Cape. After striking out on the weekend we figured we’d give it a try during the week since we had to go right past it anyway. I agree about seeing it first. That’s why I’m ok with ordering online now that I’ve seen the items in person.

I’m actually glad it’s not closer, I’d be poking around in there all the time!
 
I wish we had an IKEA close enough to us to go. Closest one is a little over an hour and a half away.

I agree with @limr, I won’t purchase IKEA unless I see it. Some of their stuff is great, others not so much, at least IMO.

There isn't one very close to me, either, but the one in New Haven is manageable for more significant buying trips, and it also allows us to go to Frank Pepe's: Here Are The Best Pizza Places In America
Oh that’s awesome! We have decent pizza down here, but it’s nothing like pizza in NYC (and area). I always take it for granted. The last few years when traveling for work out of the northeast, I’d really crave a good slice of pizza, but the only pizza would be Pizza Hut, Dominos, etc. Meh.
 
We have one in the Work County, near the University of MD. I was looking at their desks when I realized I needed to build the home office. MLW said no - get grown-up furniture. I still like a lot of their stuff, though. We have two of their display cabinets for bears, the art supply drawer units, night stands, dressers and a book case. The main TV sits on a small shelf unit from there.

I guess we aren't completely grown up.
 
We have one in the Work County, near the University of MD. I was looking at their desks when I realized I needed to build the home office. MLW said no - get grown-up furniture. I still like a lot of their stuff, though. We have two of their display cabinets for bears, the art supply drawer units, night stands, dressers and a book case. The main TV sits on a small shelf unit from there.

I guess we aren't completely grown up.

See, this IS grown-up furniture for me. Some of their cheaper stuff - yeah, it's not the greatest and it's good for temporary setups. But it depends on what line/style you get. I have a Hemnes dresser that is really nice and is still in really good condition after more than 10 years. Honestly, if it weren't for kitty claws, the thing would still be like new. Their overall style is very Euro, and that can border on a little too simplistic and plain at times, but they still have a good variety of options.
 
I think those are the ones we have. Not great but they've outlived the sofas - 12 years.
 
and we have some Ikea cookware.
 
Dang. Y'all are giving me Ikea fevah!! Haven't been in one in years. It's too far a drive atm - over an hour. I'd have to be contemplating something major, and make sure they actually had the item out where I could see it, before I made the trek. I have a set of wooden shelves that I painted, and some lesser knick-knack type things from there. Been a while. I agree with Sharon - if it were closer, I'd be rummaging around a lot more!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom