What's new

The Coffee House

Did I tell you all that I had the day off today? 4 day weekend Hosers!!!!
 
Did I tell you all that I had the day off today? 4 day weekend Hosers!!!!

Nice!

I have one more week of blackout days, but then the following week, I am thinking of taking Thursday and Friday off so I can sleeeeeeeeeep. Or finish floors and then sleeeeeeeeeep.
 
Hiya all
How is everyone?
Sorry in advance for typos
We, the royal we. Mrs suggests ideas, I try and make them happen
Have been doing some work out in the back garden, well and truly over knack......d I was planing to doa night photography as a clear night.
I have osteoporosis in various joints inc knees and hands
At the moment I Can’t hold the I pad let alone DSLR....... if I don’t post Sunday it’s cos
In the morning I -ave pulled the blanket over my head and mummbled ..... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
 
Glorious end to a great day. Huge breakfast at one of the tourist joints that Lil'Bit enjoys (they have animatron chickens that sing), followed by a drive through the mountains. No bears or wildlife, but L'il Bit rode in her lawn chair (with Mom) in the bed of the truck on the 11 mile Cades Cove loop. That in itself was a treat for a little city girl. Finished off with a light supper, sitting out by a mountain stream, enjoying the sound of the stream, crickets, and a bottle of our favorite vino. Temperature and humidity couldn't be better if we planned it......every now and then life is good.
 
Currently in my neighborhood (and still rising):

weather.jpg
 
Glorious end to a great day. Huge breakfast at one of the tourist joints that Lil'Bit enjoys (they have animatron chickens that sing), followed by a drive through the mountains. No bears or wildlife, but L'il Bit rode in her lawn chair (with Mom) in the bed of the truck on the 11 mile Cades Cove loop. That in itself was a treat for a little city girl. Finished off with a light supper, sitting out by a mountain stream, enjoying the sound of the stream, crickets, and a bottle of our favorite vino. Temperature and humidity couldn't be better if we planned it......every now and then life is good.
It sounds lovely! You must have sent that low humidity east, because it sure has dropped, and it's just a beautiful day here!

We've had tons of rain this summer, which always beats having a drought in the SE USA, but the trade-off is air so sticky it almost beads up on your skin. Nasty!

I'm getting fall fever. :boogie:
 
Ew.
 
Whew! That was a scotch-ah! An hour ago I took a little drive and it was down to 107° and now it's down to a mere 99°. It's supposed to be almost 20 degrees "cooler" tomorrow, fortunately.
 
Whew! That was a scotch-ah! An hour ago I took a little drive and it was down to 107° and now it's down to a mere 99°. It's supposed to be almost 20 degrees "cooler" tomorrow, fortunately.

Yikes! Take care. I heard on the radio the other day that they now want to name heat waves the way they name hurricanes - the purpose being to increase awareness. I believe they said heat waves kill more people each year than any other type of severe weather.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom