What's new

The Coffee House

I just found out my GIS boss has recommended me to be the chair of the "Local Government" caucus in the state GIS committee. Basically I'll report on what the other counties and municipalities in the state are doing for GIS projects and events. Attend monthly executive committee meetings and give a short presentation at the quarterly membership meetings.
----------------
Completely unrelated (forgive me).
Apparently this is a catering company.
IMG_1496[1].webp
 
I just found out my GIS boss has recommended me to be the chair of the "Local Government" caucus in the state GIS committee. Basically I'll report on what the other counties and municipalities in the state are doing for GIS projects and events. Attend monthly executive committee meetings and give a short presentation at the quarterly membership meetings.
:applouse::applouse::applouse:

Apparently this is a catering company.

Just what do they cater to though?;)
 
Yeah, or where? We' don't want to go any further down that road in the public side. The mods pretty much leave us alone and let us get away with some mild or understated stuff; I'd like to keep it that way.
 
Yeah, or where? We' don't want to go any further down that road in the public side. The mods pretty much leave us alone and let us get away with some mild or understated stuff; I'd like to keep it that way.
DOWN, SIMBAH! :whip:
 
I just found out my GIS boss has recommended me to be the chair of the "Local Government" caucus in the state GIS committee. Basically I'll report on what the other counties and municipalities in the state are doing for GIS projects and events. Attend monthly executive committee meetings and give a short presentation at the quarterly membership meetings.
----------------
Completely unrelated (forgive me).
Apparently this is a catering company.
View attachment 197182
Is it a public meeting? Can I come as a disgruntled member of the public and cause a ruckus for the caucus?

As for the catering company, we’re gonna need the Six Ws.
 
I just found out my GIS boss has recommended me to be the chair of the "Local Government" caucus in the state GIS committee. Basically I'll report on what the other counties and municipalities in the state are doing for GIS projects and events. Attend monthly executive committee meetings and give a short presentation at the quarterly membership meetings.
----------------
Completely unrelated (forgive me).
Apparently this is a catering company.
View attachment 197182
Is it a public meeting? Can I come as a disgruntled member of the public and cause a ruckus for the caucus?

As for the catering company, we’re gonna need the Six Ws.
Yes, the meetings are public. My term won't start until January. I am still on very friendly terms with some police types. ;)

The funny thing was how I found out II haven't been officially told I was nominated). At the Exec meeting, my boss mentioned the group really needs a photographer, as the person that was doing it has left. Some of them know I play around with a camera - I usually take it when we meet in person.

Afterwards, I told the boss "So you need a photographer? I think I know someone." He told me "But you already have a job."
Long story short, he told me of his recommendation. We'll see what happens at the election ( I suspect I am unopposed).
 
Caucus chair or photographer? I'll go with the chair, and still take a few photos when I get the chance. It's all volunteer, anyway.
 
Our older dog had surgery today for bladder stones. 2nd time in 2 years. He’s resting now at home. Poor baby.
 
Aww, poor puppy.
 
Just what do they cater to though?

What's in a name? According to the website they're a minority owned catering/food truck company in Waldorf, MD, founded by Chef Stephen Humphrey in memory of his mother Thelma Humphrey and his Aunt Eleanor Grant, who both died of cancer. Seems they also donate 10% of their proceeds to cancer research and organizations that support cancer victims. Sometimes there's a lot more to a name than first glance reveals.
 
It's still a funny name.
 
Our older dog had surgery today for bladder stones. 2nd time in 2 years. He’s resting now at home. Poor baby.
:heartpump: Sounds like he was in some pain! Hope he feels better soon.
 
Our older dog had surgery today for bladder stones. 2nd time in 2 years. He’s resting now at home. Poor baby.
Any idea on how to prevent them? Our dog used to have UTIs all the time and she had lots of minerals in her urine. We changed her food a bit and made sure she got more water in her diet. Doc thinks that has helped, but apparently she’s more prone to them than some other breeds. She hasn’t had a UTI in some time.

We need an empathy button on here...
 
:(
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom