The Coffee House

Thanks, all. Not a big deal, but it's a way to help out more. GIS boss mentioned that it only takes one vote if the position is uncontested, and he offered to sell his vote. I'll make him a crab cake; that's the MD-VA equivalent of a Lobstah Roll for the New Englandahs. They're wicked good.

Yesterday morning I dropped off items for the local Blessing Box. I couldn't believe how empty! My husband & I posted on FB and 2 community pages for donations. By afternoon the box was full. Got a few messages from people that since there was no room in the box they would take their items later. It is nice when the community comes together. There is a definite need.
The box that morning. It is deeper than it appears.
View attachment 197588
Around here the contents and the box would disappear.

Years ago where I used to live there was a box like that for books drop books in or take book for a donation
Local yobs set it on fire on night

Found a new use for the storm boards
I have a drop in board in the f door just in case of a flood high tide
So hot today I put the board in to stop the dogs just running out of the propped open f door
Brill lol flood board now dog board

Years ago where I used to live there was a box like that for books drop books in or take book for a donation
Local yobs set it on fire on night

We have several of those here in town. They're called "little free libraries" and are very popular. I did notice the one on our street had some canned goods in it one day when I was dropping some books off. Maybe someone got confused????

Yesterday morning I dropped off items for the local Blessing Box. I couldn't believe how empty! My husband & I posted on FB and 2 community pages for donations. By afternoon the box was full. Got a few messages from people that since there was no room in the box they would take their items later. It is nice when the community comes together. There is a definite need.
The box that morning. It is deeper than it appears.
View attachment 197588
Around here the contents and the box would disappear.

You may have one in your area. The box no on disappearing, but the food yes.

There are a few little free libraries around here too.

Pet peeve: Everyone wants a review online. From online purchases at Amazon or Walmart, the car dealership for oil change, the check up at the doctor's office, toner or notepads bought online, the vet, etc. I don't mind rating my Instacart shopper.

Pet peeve: Everyone wants a review online. From online purchases at Amazon or Walmart, the car dealership for oil change, the check up at the doctor's office, toner or notepads bought online, the vet, etc. I don't mind rating my Instacart shopper.

I will usually only review something if I’m really not happy and think I can save someone else the pain.

I will usually only review something if I’m really not happy and think I can save someone else the pain.

Exactly why I read the reviews for a serious purchase. Many won't leave a positive review. But, if it's bad............they'll let you know.

I'm "Up North" this week. Had to get out of the house. A couple weeks too early for the full fall colors. Oh well. Hoping for some loon or eagle shots. Sitting next to a roaring fire, drinking some wobbly pops as I type. Life is good. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Hmm...no comments on RBG? I listened to a wonderful commentary on a friendship with her on NPR's "All Things Considered" yesterday on the way home from work. Search for " A Decades-Long Friendship With The Late RBG " by Nina Totenberg. I am sorry I can't post the link. This Chromebook doesn't allow copy and paste;) Junk, junk, junk!

I fear that any serious comments about RBG will turn into a political “debate” which is not allowed in the main forums so I’ve kept my thoughts to myself and in the Trump thread in the subscriber’s section. All that can safely be said in the open forums is that we lost a legend.

5AC47EE2-B968-4716-A8E0-52DE7AEE1806.jpeg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back