The Coffee House

Please don’t bring comments on closed/controversial threads into our friendly Coffee House.

Very nice! The blue looks similar to the one I chose for the accent wall in the living room. Though it looks greener in this picture than it does in real life. (Those aren't my new floors - that's the tile we found when we started ripping up the carpet.)

aigLq3KIiIxgoMrExLWHQA19vPYAneJmUV1effKfk-iTm85D1eHNCYiqPRkBBnu3xHCS0KsvdO4rA3TjOv9aRGgdwrts6MeTFUPrXK4pqYopzPnxSJEweX6U1siyyEDZsgfS4Om9sxGBgRx9iJ6XlyeGjOwCRvwocJ0HX90RJWMUqINvMI2-5plmj6sfxI5TrnZetjhVQCFPWo-wL9CMpDWN2U34bblQPj3zdheahJXKw4pO7g8EIw5XpF28Q0jSmKcsoGzFjhOO1_dDN6DRjLChPlXxy0t8E4WlgHrDf03hCLSw644X1I-ET6hbFF2pyUkIvkW12CtHzkWoJZAqzqSLwnFe3U917alFp5CKuB3z3DOXyH_URioXMJxALUdpASJ9uzrBjVWpPG2GR9TnYhPByNiQPPJ7Twx1sH9Nm11qW9oYfzBimwkSFwNlD1DsNMbpBGyLoi0AjqZtKFpaQHb-Ho9Z-9TJZtbMrpHN5rPHB7FcLfeEcqvVYR3OetfDGCTjvvIJ8J3pKAAu-HHxu-O38UfxFKoWND8mA9WgI7t6nZEZwEMZzrv1vfn72rZsjpD8snAOAgqKi8LzIg3Iv6Y6xt5LS21EOjSS5tlYZpHSF3mu5GjKoYwfDswg5-3kdGNqeDUFu67L1deJ1mpocUC571ZvC-XIY_-dDQ3CTKRhRhjl_nLq6YPlszzYIg=w1046-h1394-no

The darker blues are super hot right now. That looks just like the color I used in the “eat in” part of my kitchen. It’s gorgeous with the white trim. Are those wood tiles? I have a parquet floor in my basement. It’s very 50’s. When was the house built? I saw a funny meme the other day about Boomers making fun of Millenials but they were the ones who covered up wood floors with carpeting!

... in the subscriber’s section.

Where is this subscriber's section you speak of?
There is an annual fee for supporting members who have access to the Subscribers forum. Warning -while I wouldn’t say it’s “no holds barred”, it is generally left to the users to moderate so it’s not for the easily offended. . Most of the hot button threads in there are political. To subscribe Click on your user name top right then select Account Upgrades.

Very nice! The blue looks similar to the one I chose for the accent wall in the living room. Though it looks greener in this picture than it does in real life. (Those aren't my new floors - that's the tile we found when we started ripping up the carpet.)

aigLq3KIiIxgoMrExLWHQA19vPYAneJmUV1effKfk-iTm85D1eHNCYiqPRkBBnu3xHCS0KsvdO4rA3TjOv9aRGgdwrts6MeTFUPrXK4pqYopzPnxSJEweX6U1siyyEDZsgfS4Om9sxGBgRx9iJ6XlyeGjOwCRvwocJ0HX90RJWMUqINvMI2-5plmj6sfxI5TrnZetjhVQCFPWo-wL9CMpDWN2U34bblQPj3zdheahJXKw4pO7g8EIw5XpF28Q0jSmKcsoGzFjhOO1_dDN6DRjLChPlXxy0t8E4WlgHrDf03hCLSw644X1I-ET6hbFF2pyUkIvkW12CtHzkWoJZAqzqSLwnFe3U917alFp5CKuB3z3DOXyH_URioXMJxALUdpASJ9uzrBjVWpPG2GR9TnYhPByNiQPPJ7Twx1sH9Nm11qW9oYfzBimwkSFwNlD1DsNMbpBGyLoi0AjqZtKFpaQHb-Ho9Z-9TJZtbMrpHN5rPHB7FcLfeEcqvVYR3OetfDGCTjvvIJ8J3pKAAu-HHxu-O38UfxFKoWND8mA9WgI7t6nZEZwEMZzrv1vfn72rZsjpD8snAOAgqKi8LzIg3Iv6Y6xt5LS21EOjSS5tlYZpHSF3mu5GjKoYwfDswg5-3kdGNqeDUFu67L1deJ1mpocUC571ZvC-XIY_-dDQ3CTKRhRhjl_nLq6YPlszzYIg=w1046-h1394-no

The darker blues are super hot right now. That looks just like the color I used in the “eat in” part of my kitchen. It’s gorgeous with the white trim. Are those wood tiles? I have a parquet floor in my basement. It’s very 50’s. When was the house built? I saw a funny meme the other day about Boomers making fun of Millenials but they were the ones who covered up wood floors with carpeting!

The tiles are some sort of thin ceramic, not wood at all. The house was built in 1977 and then the woman I bought it from had lived there with her husband and daughter starting in 1990, give or take a year. The tile must be original, since it was mounted directly on the concrete slab foundation. I don't know who first put the carpets down, but clearly there had been carpets for a long time. I know that the carpets in the photo were only about 2 years old and all the padding was new, but the giveaway is that the installers only replaced some of the wooden trim with the nails that hold down the carpet. It was new in the bedrooms and very easy to remove. The hallway and the main living area carpet was installed on the original trim and that stuff is a beast to get off. Pulling out the nails sometimes also takes a piece of the tile with it. So the prep for the new flooring is taking almost longer than actually laying the new floor. Last night I worked on just getting the carpet and pad off the floor. Tonight or tomorrow, I'll chip away at the trim.

The tiles are some sort of thin ceramic, not wood at all. The house was built in 1977 and then the woman I bought it from had lived there with her husband and daughter starting in 1990, give or take a year. The tile must be original, since it was mounted directly on the concrete slab foundation. I don't know who first put the carpets down, but clearly there had been carpets for a long time. I know that the carpets in the photo were only about 2 years old and all the padding was new, but the giveaway is that the installers only replaced some of the wooden trim with the nails that hold down the carpet. It was new in the bedrooms and very easy to remove. The hallway and the main living area carpet was installed on the original trim and that stuff is a beast to get off. Pulling out the nails sometimes also takes a piece of the tile with it. So the prep for the new flooring is taking almost longer than actually laying the new floor. Last night I worked on just getting the carpet and pad off the floor. Tonight or tomorrow, I'll chip away at the trim.
It's a labor of love, isn't it? :) But it's going to be worth it at the end - going to look gorgeous.

97B8E39B-6227-4763-877C-C729231E9264.jpeg
7FD1E970-9ACA-459D-9272-B3D3595DF84B.jpeg

Obviously landscaping is still not done and walkway needs new “grout” or whatever it’s called but almost done! Plants and grass will wait until next year. I think I’m going to change the hardware and kick plates on the doors to a dark bronze. Rustoleum makes a great paint called Oil Rubbed Bronze that looks beautiful on everything metal.

It looks great!! :icon_cheers: The walkway looks so nice in front of it, ties it all in.

Yeah, likely too late in the year to bother with too much landscaping (though fall is supposed to be a good time of year for grass - at least here in the SE USA). It's going to shine by next summer. I'm sure you're glad to be on the other side of this project!

So fudging cute!

Got to get my house numbers back on the door so Uber eats can find us again! #pandemicpriorities

View attachment 197927 View attachment 197928

Obviously landscaping is still not done and walkway needs new “grout” or whatever it’s called but almost done! Plants and grass will wait until next year. I think I’m going to change the hardware and kick plates on the doors to a dark bronze. Rustoleum makes a great paint called Oil Rubbed Bronze that looks beautiful on everything metal.

I love the combo and how the door pulls out the variation in brick colors.

So, it's been a very long day at work. At least the commute is short.
MLW said the Office Depot up the street is closing - apparently they're "restructuring" by closing stores and laying of up to 13,000 people over the next few years. Sounds a little like Sears. We normally go to Staples, but I'm going by to look for paper & other art-type supplies.

She was looking for a tablet but they shelves were stripped bare, so she's taking me to Best Buy, T-mo or the Apple store over the weekend!

Later - time to start thinking about cake & ice cream (low sugar, I assure you).

View attachment 197927 View attachment 197928

I love the combo and how the door pulls out the variation in brick colors.

Im happy with the way it turned out. Princess doesn’t like the color but she’s not the boss of me.

Most reactions

Back