What's new

The Coffee House

Nahhh. We have endured pandemics before. We will again. Scientists have been saying one was coming for years.
We're also overdue for another ice age, but I don't think that's going to happen.
 
Sorry, Terri (and Leonore). I'm having foot issues - I had to go into the office to move my stuff into the new work space, and my feet are killing me -- I am not used to wearing real socks and shoes. I'm going back in tomorrow to finish up. I only had one large box of stuff and after removing the phone, coffee mug and a beer water glass, I just dumped everything else out on the desk. If I hadn't, a lot would have just stayed in the box and stashed under the desk. This will force me to go through it.

Now it's time to rest the back and feet, and have something cold and liquid.
 
I am not used to wearing real socks and shoes.
I HATE wearing socks and shoes!! It's not that I can't find comfortable items, and even like shoes as a style kind of thing - they can be fun! And boots. Love boots.

But - I'd just rather be barefoot. Like, all the time. :lol:

@limr : The flooring is beautiful! That color paint is about identical to the accent wall I painted this summer in my bedroom. Ha!
 
Hosers. My back is currently burning from having steroid injections this afternoon. The Lidocaine that is mixed into the steroid as a numbing agent is starting to wear off, but I'm supposed to wait awhile longer before gulping any NSAIDS. Bah! Back issues suck. :(

The good news is that right before the shots, I did remember to load my mystery roll of TMax 100 last night. I found it way in the back of a bookcase we painted this summer, and I honestly have no clue what it is. Now that it's at least in the tank, I have made a date with it later this week. Back must cooperate soon!

Sorry you are having back issues. Hope things improve. Husband started therapy today for his back.
 
Hosers. My back is currently burning from having steroid injections this afternoon. The Lidocaine that is mixed into the steroid as a numbing agent is starting to wear off, but I'm supposed to wait awhile longer before gulping any NSAIDS. Bah! Back issues suck. :(

The good news is that right before the shots, I did remember to load my mystery roll of TMax 100 last night. I found it way in the back of a bookcase we painted this summer, and I honestly have no clue what it is. Now that it's at least in the tank, I have made a date with it later this week. Back must cooperate soon!

Sorry you are having back issues. Hope things improve. Husband started therapy today for his back.
Oh dear - he has my sympathies. :( I hope he gets relief.

Thank you - I've been kinda sidelined by mine for 5 years now. There are routine things that help, like chiropractic and Rolfing, and when I plateau with that I go for the injections. Two years ago I had lumbar nerve ablation, which was pretty long lasting. In between I keep up with my yoga and walking. :) Nix to drugs beyond over the counter stuff, sparingly.
 
Finished up in the office. There is a little more to do but it can wait until we actually report for work; stuff is out of sight.

Yeah, back problems suck. I got a sharp “twinge” in lower back last night, dull pain now. I’m waiting room of local minor emergency - I don’t want it to get worse.
 
Finished up in the office. There is a little more to do but it can wait until we actually report for work; stuff is out of sight.

Yeah, back problems suck. I got a sharp “twinge” in lower back last night, dull pain now. I’m waiting room of local minor emergency - I don’t want it to get worse.
Eww. :( Hope it's not a big deal. You're smart to get it checked out. Let us know!

A nice, overcast, off & on rainy day here. Very cool temps. I've made a batch of cream of tomato soup, and it seems perfect for this evening.
 
It'll be OK; this isn't new to me. I got anti-inflammatories and muscle relaxers, no heavy lifting allowed for a while. The Doc said the prescriptions weren't "going through" on my medical plan, so they could either charge me retail or send it to a pharmacy. The cost was $27 for the two of them; my company picks up the $30 copay ... yeah, charge me retail.

There isn't a lot going on at work, at the moment. I just got the newly rehabbed desktop running and the remote-access working, so I'll spend tomorrow, installing all the crap I use that isn't on the refresh image (my GIS packages, Python modules, Adobe CC).
 
4855F8F5-97EB-4BDB-9DEC-CDB76C38BF85.webp
 
Hosers! Last night my older dog woke me at 4am to go out. I was waiting for him in the doorway when he knocked a pot of flowers off the steps on his way back up. I stepped outside to stand it back up and the door blew shut behind me. Outside in the rain and wind, no shoes, no phone, in my pjs and half asleep. Thank goodness my mom lives with us or I would never have gotten back inside. Chances of waking the 17 year old just with knocking on the door would be nil. I'll be hiding a key somewhere!
 
Hosers! Last night my older dog woke me at 4am to go out. I was waiting for him in the doorway when he knocked a pot of flowers off the steps on his way back up. I stepped outside to stand it back up and the door blew shut behind me. Outside in the rain and wind, no shoes, no phone, in my pjs and half asleep. Thank goodness my mom lives with us or I would never have gotten back inside. Chances of waking the 17 year old just with knocking on the door would be nil. I'll be hiding a key somewhere!

Doggie Door.
 
Hosers! Last night my older dog woke me at 4am to go out. I was waiting for him in the doorway when he knocked a pot of flowers off the steps on his way back up. I stepped outside to stand it back up and the door blew shut behind me. Outside in the rain and wind, no shoes, no phone, in my pjs and half asleep. Thank goodness my mom lives with us or I would never have gotten back inside. Chances of waking the 17 year old just with knocking on the door would be nil. I'll be hiding a key somewhere!

Doggie Door.

Also known as a raccoon door, o'possum door, cat door, or any other curious/hungry creature. I was always too paranoid to install one;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom