What's new

The Coffee House

Hosers! Last night my older dog woke me at 4am to go out. I was waiting for him in the doorway when he knocked a pot of flowers off the steps on his way back up. I stepped outside to stand it back up and the door blew shut behind me. Outside in the rain and wind, no shoes, no phone, in my pjs and half asleep. Thank goodness my mom lives with us or I would never have gotten back inside. Chances of waking the 17 year old just with knocking on the door would be nil. I'll be hiding a key somewhere!

Doggie Door.

interesting idea
 
Finished up in the office. There is a little more to do but it can wait until we actually report for work; stuff is out of sight.

Yeah, back problems suck. I got a sharp “twinge” in lower back last night, dull pain now. I’m waiting room of local minor emergency - I don’t want it to get worse.

Take care snowbear! Hope you get relief soon.
 
Getting ready for the local Art Walk. If anyone is in the Melrose MA area - the Annual Art Walk showcases local artists in the storefront windows of our local downtown businesses. It’s a great socially distant activity as you don’t have to go indoors if you just want to look at the art. This years line up includes paintings, pottery, photographs, unique jewelry and sculptures. The Art Walk runs from 10/3-10/19 on Main St.

I need to make some cuts from my prints. Although the shop owner offered both windows I don’t know if less is more in this case... Going to finish matting them and decide.

B24664F1-B936-44C2-AC18-C60B7CF236CB.webp
 
Getting ready for the local Art Walk. If anyone is in the Melrose MA area - the Annual Art Walk showcases local artists in the storefront windows of our local downtown businesses. It’s a great socially distant activity as you don’t have to go indoors if you just want to look at the art. This years line up includes paintings, pottery, photographs, unique jewelry and sculptures. The Art Walk runs from 10/3-10/19 on Main St.

I need to make some cuts from my prints. Although the shop owner offered both windows I don’t know if less is more in this case... Going to finish matting them and decide.

View attachment 198224

They are all so beautiful! Tough decision to cull.
 
Getting ready for the local Art Walk. If anyone is in the Melrose MA area - the Annual Art Walk showcases local artists in the storefront windows of our local downtown businesses. It’s a great socially distant activity as you don’t have to go indoors if you just want to look at the art. This years line up includes paintings, pottery, photographs, unique jewelry and sculptures. The Art Walk runs from 10/3-10/19 on Main St.

I need to make some cuts from my prints. Although the shop owner offered both windows I don’t know if less is more in this case... Going to finish matting them and decide.

View attachment 198224
It's a good problem to have. ;) The prints look great in this photo.

Hope it all goes smoothly, and there's lots of appropriately socially distant turnout!
 
At 3am the smoke detectors started going off. All 7 were either saying "Fire" or a siren. The pups do not like the noise and stayed in bed. Changed out the battery backups today.

Fun. Our older dog gets freaked out by them and hides downstairs in the basement. The puppy doesn’t seem to notice or care.

Getting ready for the local Art Walk. If anyone is in the Melrose MA area - the Annual Art Walk showcases local artists in the storefront windows of our local downtown businesses. It’s a great socially distant activity as you don’t have to go indoors if you just want to look at the art. This years line up includes paintings, pottery, photographs, unique jewelry and sculptures. The Art Walk runs from 10/3-10/19 on Main St.

I need to make some cuts from my prints. Although the shop owner offered both windows I don’t know if less is more in this case... Going to finish matting them and decide.

View attachment 198224
It's a good problem to have. ;) The prints look great in this photo.

Hope it all goes smoothly, and there's lots of appropriately socially distant turnout!

Those all look awesome printed. I'd hate to cut any:)


Thanks Terri and Dean. I’m really happy with the way these turned out. I ordered the from Hunts Photo since there’s one in my town and I could avoid waiting for shipping. They called me three hours later all set for pick up!

The best thing about these prints is I now know which ones I want to print larger and hang at home.
 
Got the photos set up. Would have preferred to have some shelves to place them on in frames but I don’t have control of that so I matted them and hung them on the window with clear command squares. Hopefully they hold tight. Princess helped me and gets all credit for the display. Decided to mix it up and ended up using 2 comet photos, 2 lighthouse at night, 1 sunset and 4 Milky Way photos that I think are all different enough from each other to not be repetitive.

D1039554-41BF-434E-8EBF-87ED8CFB11A5.webp


2B5DDE9A-6038-4E80-B2A9-25D469EA13F9.webp
 
Got the photos set up. Would have preferred to have some shelves to place them on in frames but I don’t have control of that so I matted them and hung them on the window with clear command squares. Hopefully they hold tight. Princess helped me and gets all credit for the display. Decided to mix it up and ended up using 2 comet photos, 2 lighthouse at night, 1 sunset and 4 Milky Way photos that I think are all different enough from each other to not be repetitive.

View attachment 198296

View attachment 198298

The mattes and the colorful photos really stand out. Looks great!
 
Today is day 3 of teaching the pups a new command. I thought Snickers would be the class clown, but he got it day one. Oscar did show improvement today and Quincy is just Quincy. He just wants the treats.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom