What's new

The Coffee House

Thank you all for your kind words. I miss him terribly and am just trying to remember all the good times and sweet memories.

We lost our girl on Good Friday this year. Lots of things remind us of her actions and habits. They really leave themselves in our lives, even after gone.
 
Hosers.

The plan is to move a few more pieces of furniture that I can fit into my car and also bring the cats to the new house. If all goes to plan, tonight will be my first night in the new house.

Which is good because I have run out of coffee in the old house and had to make myself tea this morning instead. :blueface:
 
Tea works - just use five or six bags for each cup of water; Earl Grey, if possible.

Speaking of moving, I have to pack up the bears tonight so they can move into their new home: the new Bear Cabinet gets delivered tomorrow.
:1219:
 
Tea works - just use five or six bags for each cup of water; Earl Grey, if possible.

Speaking of moving, I have to pack up the bears tonight so they can move into their new home: the new Bear Cabinet gets delivered tomorrow.
:1219:

I have some snow bears that haven't made it out of the attic the past 3 winters. I will have to send them to you.
 
Tea works - just use five or six bags for each cup of water; Earl Grey, if possible.

Speaking of moving, I have to pack up the bears tonight so they can move into their new home: the new Bear Cabinet gets delivered tomorrow.
:1219:

I have some snow bears that haven't made it out of the attic the past 3 winters. I will have to send them to you.

Love the snow bears. Here's the latest one. Yeah, it's supposed to be for Winter/Christmas but I couldn't wait to put it out.
IMG_E1520[1].webp
 
So, this is why I am called "snowbear."

Bear Cabinet #1. The WWF Bear (plush toy, bottom shelf, left side) was a retirement gift - part of a symbolic adoption. There are a couple of the "Snowbabies" figurines in this cabinet. These are what started the collection.


Bear Cabinet Number 1
by Snowbear Photography, on Flickr

Bear Cabinet #2. The cabinet was my birthday gift from MLW. The flags on top are of four of the five countries where Polar Bears are indigenous: United States, Canada, Iceland (Norway) and Russia. I still need a Greenland flag. Most of the "Snowbabies" are in this one. There are also two Lomonosov porcelain bears from Russia. I'm looking for the third of the set.


Bear Cabinet Number 2
by Snowbear Photography, on Flickr

I think this weekend is fairly free so I should try to get shelf shots.
 
Hosers - I am DOOMED. :lol:

Back story: This afternoon, hubby left to make a routine trip to the county dump, which in our rural area, consists of a couple of rather nasty dumpster-type objects - it's where we take the recyclables.

I'm in the house and, after about 15 minutes, I heard his car pull back in the driveway, only instead of the garage door opening, he honks the horn. I glanced out the window and saw a KITTEN curled up on the dashboard! I flew out the front door and headed to the car, only to see he has another kitten cradled on his shoulder. He encountered them at the dump. One was sitting right outside the dumpster, crying. When he bent over to say Hi, another came over. He walked around where the other one came from to see if he could find more, but couldn't. Their eyes were crusty with an obvious infection, clearly abandoned on this country road.

He'd already called our vet, and wanted me to round up the cat carrier, which I did. The vet said other than the eye infection and likely worms, they're healthy - about 6 weeks old. Both girls! He didn't charge for a visit, and gave me a sample bag of kitten chow. We paid for eye ointment, antibiotic shots and de-worming.

On the way to the vet:

2020-10-28 18.01.53_resized.webp



Back at the house, appreciating kitty chow and water:

2020-10-28 17.59.32_resized.webp



They aren't the least bit feral. We've had them both purring, and already administered the eye ointment with relative ease. One went straight back to carrier after eating and curled up, while the other decided to explore a little. We have them set up (with a litter box) in our bathroom, door closed. Neither Bex or Finn has made contact yet. Just a matter of time. :eek:

2020-10-28 17.58.11_resized.webp
 
Yep you’re family just grew a bit! Mazel lol.
 
Hosers - I am DOOMED. :lol:

Back story: This afternoon, hubby left to make a routine trip to the county dump, which in our rural area, consists of a couple of rather nasty dumpster-type objects - it's where we take the recyclables.

I'm in the house and, after about 15 minutes, I heard his car pull back in the driveway, only instead of the garage door opening, he honks the horn. I glanced out the window and saw a KITTEN curled up on the dashboard! I flew out the front door and headed to the car, only to see he has another kitten cradled on his shoulder. He encountered them at the dump. One was sitting right outside the dumpster, crying. When he bent over to say Hi, another came over. He walked around where the other one came from to see if he could find more, but couldn't. Their eyes were crusty with an obvious infection, clearly abandoned on this country road.

He'd already called our vet, and wanted me to round up the cat carrier, which I did. The vet said other than the eye infection and likely worms, they're healthy - about 6 weeks old. Both girls! He didn't charge for a visit, and gave me a sample bag of kitten chow. We paid for eye ointment, antibiotic shots and de-worming.

On the way to the vet:

View attachment 199501


Back at the house, appreciating kitty chow and water:

View attachment 199502


They aren't the least bit feral. We've had them both purring, and already administered the eye ointment with relative ease. One went straight back to carrier after eating and curled up, while the other decided to explore a little. We have them set up (with a litter box) in our bathroom, door closed. Neither Bex or Finn has made contact yet. Just a matter of time. :eek:

View attachment 199503
:heartpump::heartpump::heartpump:
 
Ah bless, your hubby sound like my dad
One time we took him a gallon of petrol to him,,,, yep he was always running out..
Handed him the can he passed mum a kitten,
Good on you both for giving them a home
 
Thanks all. They are a sweet distraction. They're doing great so far. One's eyes have cleared up significantly already. They are happy being enclosed in our bathroom and closet area; this is one instance where I'm glad for the size of the room (generally I think these oversized master baths are a waste of space).

Today they get baths to get rid of the fleas, and continue with the eye ointment. We're keeping them separated from Bex and Finn for awhile. However, both older cats are acutely aware that there are others around - you can't fool a cat. :lol:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom