What's new

The Coffee House

Last edited:
Looks a bit like the cut through buster hill
Years ago the road went over the hill over time the road has been lowered more and more now there are layers
And old boys who remember when the old cars had to stop at the top to cool down
 
A little bumping in post, I guess. There is still quite a bit of green on the hardwoods, but not all of the trees change at the same time. It is certainly further along than areas further east and south, and at the lower elevations.

It's going to be rainy today and tomorrow as the remnants of Hurricane Delta roll through. I had planned on getting out, but I'll probably paint something.
 
A little bumping in post, I guess. There is still quite a bit of green on the hardwoods, but not all of the trees change at the same time. It is certainly further along than areas further east and south, and at the lower elevations.

It's going to be rainy today and tomorrow as the remnants of Hurricane Delta roll through. I had planned on getting out, but I'll probably paint something.
How about, say, I dunno, a landscape? :icon_mrgreen: (Or maybe you meant office furniture or something not NEARLY as fun....)

Those are good pics up there - love the one with the bridge and all that fall color. So pretty up there.

Hosers, we still have a butterfly bush putting out blooms, with butterflies and hummingbirds feeding from them! I put fresh nectar in the hummer feeder this morning. Also pulling the very last of the cherry tomatoes off my patio plant, and am happy they lasted this long.

This summer gave us tons of rain and moderate temperatures, which translates into this nice extension of the mini-garden I had going. All my potted herbs are still doing great - just made a batch of pesto, and the basil plants look like they'll give another batch, easily. The mint, oregano, and parsley look great, too. I'm clipping and using them as fast as I can - I know they're pretty root-bound by now.
 
We clipped... cut back our chives and put the cuttings in the freezer for use in the winter

How do you freeze yours? I didn't have much luck until I tried the ice cube trays and water. Works good for the chives and basil. The rest I just dehydrate and vac. Tried something new. "Herb bombs". See how that turns out. Made several different combos including a riff on one of my favorite compound butters. "Ranchman's butter". To die for on a grilled steak. (Google both)

We've been threatened with frost warnings last week. Then had several 80 degree days. Now the threats are real. In the next week we will most likely see a hard freeze. Chopped everything yesterday. Have several neighbors and friends that take some but, spent yesterday and today preserving the herbs I grow. The last is dehydrated and vac'd today. My whole house smells like a pizza shop. Lol.
 
For @limr

An Oxford comma walks into a bar, where it spends the evening watching the television, getting drunk, and smoking cigars.
• A dangling participle walks into a bar. Enjoying a cocktail and chatting with the bartender, the evening passes pleasantly.
• A bar was walked into by the passive voice.
• An oxymoron walked into a bar, and the silence was deafening.
• Two quotation marks walk into a “bar.”
• A malapropism walks into a bar, looking for all intensive purposes like a wolf in cheap clothing, muttering epitaphs and casting dispersions on his magnificent other, who takes him for granite.
• Hyperbole totally rips into this insane bar and absolutely destroys everything.
• A question mark walks into a bar?
• A non sequitur walks into a bar. In a strong wind, even turkeys can fly.
• Papyrus and Comic Sans walk into a bar. The bartender says, "Get out -- we don't serve your type."
• A mixed metaphor walks into a bar, seeing the handwriting on the wall but hoping to nip it in the bud.
• A comma splice walks into a bar, it has a drink and then leaves.
• Three intransitive verbs walk into a bar. They sit. They converse. They depart.
• A synonym strolls into a tavern.
• At the end of the day, a cliché walks into a bar -- fresh as a daisy, cute as a button, and sharp as a tack.
• A run-on sentence walks into a bar it starts flirting. With a cute little sentence fragment.
• Falling slowly, softly falling, the chiasmus collapses to the bar floor.
• A figure of speech literally walks into a bar and ends up getting figuratively hammered.
• An allusion walks into a bar, despite the fact that alcohol is its Achilles heel.
• The subjunctive would have walked into a bar, had it only known.
• A misplaced modifier walks into a bar owned by a man with a glass eye named Ralph.
• The past, present, and future walked into a bar. It was tense.
• A dyslexic walks into a bra.
• A verb walks into a bar, sees a beautiful noun, and suggests they conjugate. The noun declines.
• A simile walks into a bar, as parched as a desert.
• A gerund and an infinitive walk into a bar, drinking to forget.
• A hyphenated word and a non-hyphenated word walk into a bar and the bartender nearly chokes on the irony
- Jill Thomas Doyle
 
Coffee house on page 4! Whaaaaaat? Where my Hosers at?
 
Going to a new park tomorrow. Last winter I made a list of places I wanted to see this summer and Fall.

that was smart! I get so much more accomplished when I have a list.
 
Coffee house on page 4! Whaaaaaat? Where my Hosers at?

This hoser was at Home Depot again. SHOCKER! :biglaugh:

I'm in the middle of Details Hell. The big things are done, so you'd think I'd feel like I was almost done (at least with the initial list of things I want to do to the new house. I know, the work never really ends, yadda yadda ;) ) But then I turn around and think, "Oh yeah, the baseboards. Oh yeah, the top trim for that small bedroom. Oh yeah, the trim around the doors. Oh yeah, sanding and re-puddying that patch on the wall. Oh yeah...."

iu


And that's not even counting the bathroom that I always knew was going to be put off until after I was moved and mostly unpacked and settled in.

Which will start happening this weekend. I have a bed all set up. The couch is coming tomorrow. The last of the bottom trim will be cut and angled, then painted and nailed. Going to get the table saws back to my friend and start putting things away in the attic to make room for furniture, which I will start moving on Sunday. At a minimum, I will bring my office furniture, my coffee table and television and maybe a bookshelf.

It's fine. Really, it's all fine. I'm fine. :icon_crazy:
 
It is a never ending cycle. Take your time and enjoy the process. Take before and after photos of every project. If the house is livable just live in and enjoy it. There will always be another project! I’m at the pony now where I am Redon g some things we did when we moved in here 20 years ago this month! You’ve just go to love the process. If you don’t, just sub out the work and move in when it’s all done.
 
Gave myself a high frequency facial today with the HF wand I bought on prime day. It’s a super weird sensation and who knows if the at home ones even produce any results like the salon strength machines but... it was cheaper than one spa visit so worth the chance. Plus it works well on zits so Princess will get some use out of it. Zzzzzzzzap!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom