What's new

The Coffee House

More of Rose and Sage. These are from Saturday afternoon. Unfortunately, little Sage (with the white spots) has taken a bit of a downward turn. She played a lot yesterday morning, but by the afternoon, her inner eyelids - the third eyelid - had rolled up in both eyes, and she started making frequent trips to the litterbox. They are on an eye antibiotic ointment for the eyes, and getting it in there past that third lid became a challenge, and she fought a little last night. They also received some kind of catch-all antibiotic injection that the vet said would last about 2 weeks, but kill off anything in their gut. She seemed lethargic this morning, so we took her to the vet, and she's there now. Rose is still playful and bright-eyed and happy - she's responded great to everything. She's looking around for her sister, mostly. Hopefully we'll be able to go get her soon. Supposedly that third eyelid is an indicator of a gut infection, so a culture will be more specific. Poor little baby!

Saturday photos:

I meant to get a picture of Rose's pretty back stripes, but she looked up at the last second - it's out of focus, but I like it anyway:

Rose on lap.webp




Sage playing. Her eyes still aren't 100% here, but they were improved, and the third eyelid wasn't present.

Sage playing 1.webp



Sage playing.webp



Ferocious beasts!

Rose and Sage.webp
 
Awwwww! Kitten cuteness. Sending good vibes to Sage. Great names btw.
 
Thanks! :) They're a couple of sweeties. I'm starting to pace the floor, even though I know they're running cultures and stuff, and we didn't have an appointment. bah!
 
Good thoughts for poor little Rose :heartpump:

That open mouth of outrage in the last picture is killing me! :lol:
 
^This - love firece little kitty! Sending love and crossed fingers / claws for sage.

Zoe finally used the robot potty! MLW has been trying to entice her with a few treats on the steps. Zoe just proved she's tall enough to reach the top step with her mouth without actually stepping on them.

Mine was an international trip. But there's no logic to anything to do with COVID. In reality, it's how people behave that matters, not lockdowns and quarantines.
I think it's because so many people don't give a crap about others and do what they darn well want - "Cuz, Murica, ya know." I'm not going any further down this trail, since there are two mods and an Admin as regular hosers. ;)
--------------
I'm thinking of renting a lens for Thanksgiving weekend. I have my eye on a few for a possible Christmas purchase, but I want to try them out first.
 
Hi all.
Well news here is that we will be in lockdown again from Thursday
 
Good news, sort of, on Sage. She has an intestinal parasite that the catch-all antibiotic wouldn't kill. Since they share a litter box, the vet is assuming that Rose has it, too. I had to bring Rose with me when I went to pick up Sage, so he could get her weight and start her on the same, new antibiotic. Just a half cc, liquid, once a day for both girls. They gave me a syringe so that's easy enough.

I was a mite freaked out hearing the word "parasite," but he assured me it's not fatal - just hard to get rid of at this age. So we may have to extend the antibiotic.

But she's home with her sister, and back to bouncing around with joy. That's what matters. :586:
 
Good thoughts for poor little Rose :heartpump:

That open mouth of outrage in the last picture is killing me! :lol:
Isn't it a hoot? :lol:

And - notice those perfect tan spots on the bottoms of her back feet. That girl is a trip!
 
More of Rose and Sage. These are from Saturday afternoon. Unfortunately, little Sage (with the white spots) has taken a bit of a downward turn. She played a lot yesterday morning, but by the afternoon, her inner eyelids - the third eyelid - had rolled up in both eyes, and she started making frequent trips to the litterbox. They are on an eye antibiotic ointment for the eyes, and getting it in there past that third lid became a challenge, and she fought a little last night. They also received some kind of catch-all antibiotic injection that the vet said would last about 2 weeks, but kill off anything in their gut. She seemed lethargic this morning, so we took her to the vet, and she's there now. Rose is still playful and bright-eyed and happy - she's responded great to everything. She's looking around for her sister, mostly. Hopefully we'll be able to go get her soon. Supposedly that third eyelid is an indicator of a gut infection, so a culture will be more specific. Poor little baby!

Saturday photos:

I meant to get a picture of Rose's pretty back stripes, but she looked up at the last second - it's out of focus, but I like it anyway:

View attachment 199735



Sage playing. Her eyes still aren't 100% here, but they were improved, and the third eyelid wasn't present.

View attachment 199736


View attachment 199737


Ferocious beasts!

View attachment 199738

Adorable! Love the last shot with the open mouth play time.
 
Good news, sort of, on Sage. She has an intestinal parasite that the catch-all antibiotic wouldn't kill. Since they share a litter box, the vet is assuming that Rose has it, too. I had to bring Rose with me when I went to pick up Sage, so he could get her weight and start her on the same, new antibiotic. Just a half cc, liquid, once a day for both girls. They gave me a syringe so that's easy enough.

I was a mite freaked out hearing the word "parasite," but he assured me it's not fatal - just hard to get rid of at this age. So we may have to extend the antibiotic.

But she's home with her sister, and back to bouncing around with joy. That's what matters. :586:


You have literally saved their lives. You guys are amazing!
 
Well. :) Two abandoned kittens sitting by a dumpster on a country road. Hurricane is coming (Zeta). Temperatures supposed to plunge afterwards. My husband did what any human should do: act first, worry about the how-to stuff later.

That's why he's a great guy. I won't soon forget hearing the car horn sounding, and looking out to see one kitten sitting on the dashboard, and another curled up under his chin. :lol:
 
Aww the poor things. Glad they are on the right medicine!
We have had 3 stray cats adopt us through the years but only 1 at a time. :)
That's usually how it goes, isn't it? One of our 2 older cats, Finn, came to us like that. She showed up in our backyard while we were still living in Texas, and pretty much refused to leave. She definitely adopted us! :lol:
 
Can`t remember if I posted this, but I`m alive after having the virus. I did take care and wore a mask when going out, I still feel like a bus has hit me and I need more tests as it did a lot of damage to my lungs and heart.

I m Alive by Dave, on Flickr
 
Good lord, Dave! The last I knew someone in your family had tested negative, and I thought you were, as well. So glad you're on the mend, but it sounds like it hit you pretty hard.

Yes, this virus is known for attacking the heart and lungs. So sorry! :( Glad you're on the mend - hope you make a full recovery!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom