What's new

The Coffee House

Social media selfies with cat ears, big eyes, or blurred to the max skin, seem to be the rage today, for adults and kids. I have to wonder when they look back on these 30-40 years from now if they wonder WTH was I thinking.
 
Yesterday's snapshot: Hitchcock-y afternoon light on my mid-century lamp.

Given what I have been learning about how the light moves through the Birdhouse at this time of year, I think I shall be doing a lot of still lifes this winter. Time to break the C330 out!

123293925_10157975604894007_9131165427793560156_o.jpg
 
@limr : Cool!! You'll have to try some B&W, too. Film noir!
 
@CherylL once the "themed set" bug hits, it's all downhill from there. :allteeth: Can't wait to see what you've come up with. I have something a little different planned for this year, will see how it goes.

I set up the decorations today and took a few photos. I need to adjust my lighting and move a couch so I can back up more. For the grands I will set up in the garage. It is an 8x8 ft backdrop!
 
Morning all
Rough night here, the fireworks stress out one of our dogs, up to 00.00 trying to calm her down
Off now to sort out about having meds delivered
 
Good news & bad news.
Lazy_Lobster's COVID test was negative. :)
Their wisdom teeth now hurt more so back to the dentist for extraction next week. :(

Of course this puts off the ME trip for a while. Not sure if I'm up to braving it (alone) Thanksgiving weekend or Christmas - New Year's week.
 
Good news & bad news.
Lazy_Lobster's COVID test was negative. :)
Their wisdom teeth now hurt more so back to the dentist for extraction next week. :(

Of course this puts off the ME trip for a while. Not sure if I'm up to braving it (alone) Thanksgiving weekend or Christmas - New Year's week.

Ouch on the teeth! Feel better soon.
 
Not me! Mine were yanked a long time ago! I'll pass the well wishes along.
 
Thanks folks, what I thought was a cold was actually the virus first of all and thank god I did not pass it on. I think I might of caught it while on the bus, then the aches came in quick. I`ve had the Flu once in my whole life and ended up off work for about 7 weeks, but having the virus is totally different and the way the pain and aches hit the body is horrible. I`m 100% negative but my smell has still not come back yet, and now we have gone back in to another lockdown here in the UK I will have to wait a bit to carry on seeing the doctors.

Glad you’re feeling better Dave. Numbers are climbing here in Massachusetts and they’ve just rolled back things a bit to close restaurants and non essential businesses at 9:30pm. Masks are required in public now even when socially distanced. Small gatherings are limited to 10 people. I hope this is enough to stop the spread. Other states here in the US have much worse numbers than we have here in New England - we here had some serious restrictions at the beginning and that worked.
 
close restaurants and non essential businesses at 9:30pm

Never understood how COVID gets more contagious as the night progressed, unless it's like the old Mickey Gillis song "Don't the girls (guys) all get prettier at closing time". :allteeth:
 
close restaurants and non essential businesses at 9:30pm

Never understood how COVID gets more contagious as the night progressed, unless it's like the old Mickey Gillis song "Don't the girls (guys) all get prettier at closing time". :allteeth:

A mystery to me like the 15 minute rule or the gatherings of 10 people. Magic numbers??
 
Having bought a super big background at 8x8, my white fluffy blanket is too short. Ordered a 9 ft one yesterday and delivered today. My first background from last year was only about 5 ft wide that I went overboard. The new background is microfiber and thru it in the dryer with a damp towel and most wrinkles disappeared.
 
Having bought a super big background at 8x8, my white fluffy blanket is too short. Ordered a 9 ft one yesterday and delivered today. My first background from last year was only about 5 ft wide that I went overboard. The new background is microfiber and thru it in the dryer with a damp towel and most wrinkles disappeared.
Sounds great - got your projects lined up?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom