What's new

The Coffee House

Have not seen any posts from the other Sharon lately. Has anyone heard from @vintagesnaps ? I hope all is well.
You're right - it's been about a week since she's been on. I haven't heard anything from her.

That's according to her profile, btw - that she logged in Nov. 27th, but she's not posted anything since the end of Sept. I know she was taking on a new class, haven't heard an update.
 
Sorry to hear this Charlie :(
 
Geography Quiz: Where does the dot represent? (hint: looks like I'm travelling there, this weekend).

 
Geography Quiz: Where does the dot represent? (hint: looks like I'm travelling there, this weekend).


Detroit!
Ding-a-ling! We have winners. And, yes, at least some Michiganers actually use their built-in map for the LP. Actually, we are going to Monroe, which would be about half-way between the tape dot and the wrist (Toledo).

Getting a later start than we had hoped but Zoe has to go to the vet; it looks like she has a UTI so we have to see what they say, first. We started her on some OTC drops, and they seem to be doing well - she doesn't appear to be hurting, but we want to let the pro look at her.
 
Last edited:
With all the bad things going on this year, thought I'd share a little good. We got an early Christmas present in the form of four new grandchildren (ages 4 to 9). Our oldest son and his wife have been fostering a sibling group of four and trying to adopt them for well over half the 1,335 days they've been in their care. The wheels of the legal system don't just turn slow, they barely move. Throughout it's been one delay after another, but today at long last it became official. I now have four more models to practice on. LOL
 
Congrats Smoke.

howdy Hosers! Been busy decorating and painting. Busy at work too. Going to be a strange Christmas season this year. No cookie swaps, no festive drinks with friends, no holiday symphonies or nutcrackers, no overcrowded Christmas Eve mass with the children’s choir singing and no big joyous noisy family Christmas party. Ugh.

On the good news front, Princess is 2 for 2 with college acceptances. Still waiting to hear from a few others but she’s very happy with her options so far. All MA schools which was her choice and something I’m really happy about with the way things are right now in this country.
 
Why Do They Always Discontinue The Good Stuff?

Many years ago I found that gardening gloves were cheap and handy in the Winter for general wear. After many years of use, I lost the left glove from my favorite pair and went looking for them again. I found out they were discontinued. So this year, I finally got a replacement pair. Unfortunately, I do not like the colour, and the material is not as nice. But they will have to do.

The Watson Black Hawk were what I wanted. Real leather, but cheap. The "Gardena" are the replacements. I'm definitely not happy about the colour.
 

Attachments

  • V3N00187b-SmFix-rsz1500-C2.webp
    V3N00187b-SmFix-rsz1500-C2.webp
    791.2 KB · Views: 59
  • V3N00190b-SmFix-rsz1500-C3.webp
    V3N00190b-SmFix-rsz1500-C3.webp
    802.4 KB · Views: 54
  • V3N00192a-SmFix-rsz2000-C3.webp
    V3N00192a-SmFix-rsz2000-C3.webp
    936.7 KB · Views: 53
That's lovely, @smoke665 ! We will obviously expect lots of pics since you have so many new models in the family. :icon_thumright:

Congrats to Princess, @SquarePeg ! It's nice to already have options in the bag. Good on her!

Been a week of hell for me, hosers. Seems like yesterday I had those two little rescued kitties, and we still miss them daily. BUT - hubby had a bad incident that took him to the hospital for 5 days. Avoided surgery though, and just got him home last night. All's well that ends well. But - if I'd had to handle 4 cats getting to know each other, all by myself, in addition to having to do battle with the fleas that the little ones brought to the older ones, I might have decompensated. :lol: I had a small procedure for my back on Monday while hubby was still in the hospital, so had to make last minute transportation arrangements. My back has been killing me the whole time I've been vacuuming flea dirt and wiping down everything while keeping up hubby's spirits.

Bring on the END of this godforsaken year, I say. A dumpster fire.
 
Oh @terri that sucks. I hope both you and hubby recover quickly and that you get some relief from the back pain. Hang in there!
 
Bring on the END of this godforsaken year, I say. A dumpster fire.

Learned many years ago to not say it can't get any worse, but hopefully gets better for you to at least catch your breath. As to the new year I saw this today........Now I'm a little concerned

129732346_5423203504360083_4076875183971504600_n.webp
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom