What's new

The Coffee House

Haven't felt great the last few days. I may have hurt my back mopping. It could be the cold weather giving the aches. Of course don't want to freak out and think covid is coming on. I've been taking the smell test of horseradish sauce. ;) Unscrew the lid and sniff and yep still can smell.

Just go get tested so you can have peace of mind. We got tested on Friday at a local drive through site that takes appointments. There and back in 30 minutes. Of course they texted me at 2am on Friday with the results and woke me out of a sound sleep. All negative and feel less stressed for a few days anyway. Princess will be back in school next week and I can worry all over again. I am both grateful and terrified that my mom lives with us during this mess.
 
D8C28544-3172-4430-B2D1-776E06D78C24.webp
 
@CherylL how are you feeling?

Here’s something to make you all smile.


She's having so much fun!! :586:

I got a solid foot of snow. Totals in the area ranged from about 10 to 15. Red Hook (farther north and right on the river) got 20 inches.

I burned me some maaaaaad calories shoveling. Judgy Bracelet (aka Fitbit) tells me I walked over 12,000 steps and I never left my driveway! :biglaugh:

131231934_10158074190789007_358066707494372417_o.jpg




131623427_10158074790149007_8995496510793728944_o.jpg
 
I burned me some maaaaaad calories shoveling. Judgy Bracelet (aka Fitbit) tells me I walked over 12,000 steps and I never left my driveway!

You beat me! I had 7600+ steps and a boatload of calories as well. Shoveling and playing with the dog was exhausting.
 
I burned me some maaaaaad calories shoveling. Judgy Bracelet (aka Fitbit) tells me I walked over 12,000 steps and I never left my driveway!

You beat me! I had 7600+ steps and a boatload of calories as well. Shoveling and playing with the dog was exhausting.

I feel like a walking bruise today! :boggled:
 
I burned me some maaaaaad calories shoveling. Judgy Bracelet (aka Fitbit) tells me I walked over 12,000 steps and I never left my driveway!

You beat me! I had 7600+ steps and a boatload of calories as well. Shoveling and playing with the dog was exhausting.

I feel like a walking bruise today! :boggled:
I grew up in Michigan and have hoisted many shovelfuls of snow in my day. I know exactly how you feel!

The best part of heavy snows, of course, is watching our critters having fun, like Miss Harlie up there - along with snuggling down, cooking big pot meals and having a fire.

Shoveling the stuff kinda sucks. :lol:
 
Haven't felt great the last few days. I may have hurt my back mopping. It could be the cold weather giving the aches. Of course don't want to freak out and think covid is coming on. I've been taking the smell test of horseradish sauce. ;) Unscrew the lid and sniff and yep still can smell.
Hope you're feeling better, Cheryl. :heartpump:
 
@CherylL maybe I need to do the horseradish test on DW. This morning she decided to fix my favorite for breakfast (biscuits and sausage gravy) she makes the best gravy. When it was done I ran to the stove biscuits in bowl, and started dipping gravy, but something was wrong with the gravy?????? It looked like it had sand in it and didn't quite smell right. Of course dummy me had to do the taste test..........:345::blue::eek:Let's just say the milk was waaaayyyyy past it's prime. Talk about a let down to my morning. :(

In her defense though, years of chemo have not been kind to her sense of smell and taste.
 
The dog is completely exhausted today from all her snow run-jumping yesterday!
 
After 36-1/2 years, I finally took off my wedding band. They needed me to try to remove it so they could x-ray the hand. I had an issue with the "social" finger on that hand, and the nurse was extremely concerned that the ring was very tight.

They had to cut it off.

Now we have to decide whether to get this one re-sized and re-soldered back together, or just get new ones; maybe a pair of Claddagh rings.

 
After 36-1/2 years, I finally took off my wedding band. They needed me to try to remove it so they could x-ray the hand. I had an issue with the "social" finger on that hand, and the nurse was extremely concerned that the ring was very tight.

They had to cut it off.

Now we have to decide whether to get this one re-sized and re-soldered back together, or just get new ones; maybe a pair of Claddagh rings.


:( I'm sorry you were forced into cutting off your wedding band like this. BUT - it sounds like it could indeed have been causing an issue, so maybe it's for the best?

You do have choices. 36 1/2 years = upcoming anniversary soon; it might be fun to get new rings to mark the occasion. Could certainly resize the original, too, so it could more easily be slipped off when needed.

What does She Who Must Be Obeyed think? Naturally, your voice must be heard, but...you know. :icon_mrgreen:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom