What's new

The Coffee House

Terri
Re microwave did my sister come to see you
Every time she uses something electric at my parents she breaks it her best item was dubbing the sound on a shop bought video
 
Hosers, just in time for Christmas, my less-than-2 year old microwave blew this morning. :icon_mad: Checks of fusebox, outlet, etc., have us thinking it could be an internal fuse, but we'll see. I'm not a particular fan of microwaves, but I do like them at least for zapping coffee. Local repair people are sympathetic but still say they'll see me next Monday.

Humbug!

Bummer! That happened to us Christmas week a couple of years ago but it was a total loss - they just don’t make these things repairable anymore! Ended up having to settle for a less than perfect one because stock was very limited as I really needed it for the holidays. Avoid Samsung.
This is a Frigidaire, supposedly a good model, if the price tag was any indication! :lol: But they're likely all made from the same electronics. Agreed, very little seems built to last these days.

Personally, I have never been a fan of mounting them over the stove top, and would gut the whole thing for a range hood if it wouldn't lead to a mini kitchen remodel. But putting an appliance in an area where it's routinely subjected to steam seems to invite malfunction. Just a bad idea.

I'm heating my second cup of coffee on the stove top until Monday. My carafe doesn't keep it hot long enough. ☕
 
My parents had a microwave back in the late 60's. A box with dials and was a heavy weight. I think they paid $300 to $400 for it back then.

Had to Xmas Facetime with the Grands for gift opening. The girls got me hot chocolate bombs and I will add some Baileys cream. @SquarePeg, what is your drink recipe with champagne? I had it a year or two ago and can't remember how to mix.
 
Hey, were some of you hosers talking about me some pages back??!!! I have been busy with classes, which is the busiest I've been in awhile. I'm retired, I'm not used to having to get things done, and ya know, deadlines and stuff! I've hopped on but not taken time to log in much less post. Thanks for asking and thinking of me, I appreciate it.

What's good for popcorn? fuses? chocolate bombs?? See what happens when you try to go back and catch up...

It's an odd Christmas for sure, strange to not be going over to my parents house. My dad passed away in early December last year, and my mom's at a senior living community where there can't be visitors. But of course nobody I know is doing much this year. At least for me the World Jrs. in hockey starts tomorrow, yay! I'll take that for Christmas.

edit - Merry Christmas hosers!
 
Last edited:
Merry Christmas to you, too, Sharon. Stay safe. We were just thinking out loud - hoping you were OK.

As usual, you didn't really miss much in this thread.
 
D'ya mean this is 4100+ pages of not much?? lol Charlie you're underestimating the importance of the Coffee House!


I bought Kahlua. And Kahlua mocha coffee. My best friend is picking up dinner later so that's the plan for tonight. And whether to watch 'White Christmas' or 'Ghostbusters', both classics in their own right.
 
Great to hear from you, @vintagesnaps! We were definitely wondering what you were up to - somebody remembered your classes, and it turns out they were right!

Just about everyone I know is having a quiet Christmas, definitely the safest thing. Hope you have a good one.

Happy Christmas Eve, hosers. :icon_santa:
 
OK all you hosers:

Wee fish, ewe, a mare, egrets. moose. panda, hippo, gnu, deer.

cmw3_d750_DSC_3423.webp
cmw3_d750_DSC_3424.webp
cmw3_d750_DSC_3425.webp
cmw3_d750_DSC_3426.webp
cmw3_d750_DSC_3427.webp
 
Charlie, 'We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year' too!

I love Boynton!! Cats!
 
Christmas dinner! Vegetarians look away now.


I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. We’re taking a break before dessert!

FD86D536-C4BE-4710-BE04-A0C1B2551F49.webp
 
Using blue tooth key board. B thing spells worse than i do. Taken 3 goes to some posts
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom