What's new

The Coffee House

:( I'm sorry you were forced into cutting off your wedding band like this. BUT - it sounds like it could indeed have been causing an issue, so maybe it's for the best?

You do have choices. 36 1/2 years = upcoming anniversary soon; it might be fun to get new rings to mark the occasion. Could certainly resize the original, too, so it could more easily be slipped off when needed.

What does She Who Must Be Obeyed think? Naturally, your voice must be heard, but...you know. :icon_mrgreen:
Yes, in the long run, it is better. Although I didn't notice any discomfort in the ring finger, the tightness may have been contributing to the pain in the adjacent finger. I mentioned the Claddagh and she is open to it, but wants to see it beside her engagement ring (1/4 ct brilliant solitary). For now, we'll wait. She'll probably start wearing hers after the next surgery.

I've thought of the re-affirmation thing, but we'd have to wait until the COVID stuff is lot lower (Anniversary is June). Maybe in Maine, instead of MD, this time. We could open it up to @SquarePeg & Princess and @limr & Buzz.
 
Count me in!
 
Was going to clean the house and finish my shopping today. Went up into the attic to get something - the ladder is a bit old and I was just wearing socks. Just pulled a half inch long splinter from my foot. I may need to call it a day and binge watch The Mandalorian.
 
Ouch! Is it one of those pull-down ladders, Sharon? We had one in our last house that we learned early on to never attempt without shoes! :lol:
 
Ouch! Is it one of those pull-down ladders, Sharon? We had one in our last house that we learned early on to never attempt without shoes! :lol:

Yes one of those! Lesson learned.
 
Hey hosers.

Charlie, sorry about your ring :( I vote for melting it down and making a new ring out of it. And if we're able to travel by June, I think a re-affirmation ceremony in Maine would be lovely! :)

I had a COVID test this morning. Will find out in 24-48 hours. No symptoms, but everyone who wants access to campus now has to have had a test. I have to go to campus once a month (long story, not worth the telling, but suffice to say it requires me picking up physical items to mail to students, and as of yet, there are no electronic alternatives), so I took the test this morning then went straight to campus. Not sure if I have to have another one before the next visit. Our procedures have changed several times since September, so it's anybody's guess, really. Just going to wait for my test result and hope it's negative. I mean, if it's positive, it means that I'm probably one of those asymptomatic people who never actually gets seriously ill. Silver lining is not getting sick. But it's still bad because I'll have to quarantine and hope that I haven't already spread it to anyone else.

So I had the whole brain scrape this morning, then several hours of work on what is technically my first day of vacation. So hell yeah, I have a glass of wine right now! Cheers, everyone!
Saúde!
Şerefe!
Na zdravje!
Sláinte!
 
And no more than 5 seconds after I hit "Post Reply," I spilled my wine. I got cocky.

iu


But it's okay. It spilled in a way that was convenient to clean up, and there's more in the bottle.
 
Hey hosers.

Charlie, sorry about your ring :( I vote for melting it down and making a new ring out of it. And if we're able to travel by June, I think a re-affirmation ceremony in Maine would be lovely! :)

I had a COVID test this morning. Will find out in 24-48 hours. No symptoms, but everyone who wants access to campus now has to have had a test. I have to go to campus once a month (long story, not worth the telling, but suffice to say it requires me picking up physical items to mail to students, and as of yet, there are no electronic alternatives), so I took the test this morning then went straight to campus. Not sure if I have to have another one before the next visit. Our procedures have changed several times since September, so it's anybody's guess, really. Just going to wait for my test result and hope it's negative. I mean, if it's positive, it means that I'm probably one of those asymptomatic people who never actually gets seriously ill. Silver lining is not getting sick. But it's still bad because I'll have to quarantine and hope that I haven't already spread it to anyone else.

So I had the whole brain scrape this morning, then several hours of work on what is technically my first day of vacation. So hell yeah, I have a glass of wine right now! Cheers, everyone!
Saúde!
Şerefe!
Na zdravje!
Sláinte!

Cent’anni! Or the Ital-American slang version Chindon!
 
After 36-1/2 years, I finally took off my wedding band. They needed me to try to remove it so they could x-ray the hand. I had an issue with the "social" finger on that hand, and the nurse was extremely concerned that the ring was very tight.

They had to cut it off.

Now we have to decide whether to get this one re-sized and re-soldered back together, or just get new ones; maybe a pair of Claddagh rings.


Sorry about the ring. Maybe a good thing since it was too tight? The ring looks like my husband's original band. At our 25 year anniversary we got new rings. He went with a titanium ring.
 
Hosers, just in time for Christmas, my less-than-2 year old microwave blew this morning. :icon_mad: Checks of fusebox, outlet, etc., have us thinking it could be an internal fuse, but we'll see. I'm not a particular fan of microwaves, but I do like them at least for zapping coffee. Local repair people are sympathetic but still say they'll see me next Monday.

Humbug!
 
Popcorn. They work for popcorn, too.

Well, I found a pair of rings that we both like, but we are still looking around. Traditional wedding band with a Celtic knot and Claddagh design around the center, from Ireland. A little pricey, but if we want them bad enough, we'll save up.
 
Last edited:
Hosers, just in time for Christmas, my less-than-2 year old microwave blew this morning. :icon_mad: Checks of fusebox, outlet, etc., have us thinking it could be an internal fuse, but we'll see. I'm not a particular fan of microwaves, but I do like them at least for zapping coffee. Local repair people are sympathetic but still say they'll see me next Monday.

Humbug!

Bummer! That happened to us Christmas week a couple of years ago but it was a total loss - they just don’t make these things repairable anymore! Ended up having to settle for a less than perfect one because stock was very limited as I really needed it for the holidays. Avoid Samsung.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom