What's new

The Coffee House

890ED0CB-177B-4392-86D6-BBAD3C4D8C55.webp
 
Good morning, peeps.

I bought myself a couple of goodies, and they are starting to arrive. First is the bike helmet, so I can get back on the trails. I'm determined to finish that darned C&O Canal, even if it's only 20 miles at a time. I'm also replacing the tripod Manfrotto R2 quick release to their Arca Swiss compatible "Top Lock" and picking up an AS plate and L-bracket. I came up short for the telephoto, so that will wait a couple months, but I caved in and got an iPad and case/folio. The folio is supposed to be here today, the iPad in about two to two-and-a-half weeks.

Son #1 is in ninth day of COVID. He presumably caught it on the job as a field tech, servicing printers. SDIL (sweet daughter in law) and their roommate are also infected, though SDIL has the milder of the symptoms. We're really hoping they'll be over this crap in another week or two.
 
Happy New Year, hosers! It's almost over! :icon_cheers:

Congrats on getting the new toys, Charlie! Getting new gear is good incentive to get out there.

Hope everyone in your family gets well soon. Glad it seems to be staying on the milder side.
 
20201230_212935.webp
 
Good morning, peeps.

I bought myself a couple of goodies, and they are starting to arrive. First is the bike helmet, so I can get back on the trails. I'm determined to finish that darned C&O Canal, even if it's only 20 miles at a time. I'm also replacing the tripod Manfrotto R2 quick release to their Arca Swiss compatible "Top Lock" and picking up an AS plate and L-bracket. I came up short for the telephoto, so that will wait a couple months, but I caved in and got an iPad and case/folio. The folio is supposed to be here today, the iPad in about two to two-and-a-half weeks.

Son #1 is in ninth day of COVID. He presumably caught it on the job as a field tech, servicing printers. SDIL (sweet daughter in law) and their roommate are also infected, though SDIL has the milder of the symptoms. We're really hoping they'll be over this crap in another week or two.

I hope your son is on the mend soon! :icon_hug:

I'm in the middle of a new project:

132601299_10158101571449007_3823682920855656100_n.jpg


Started painting them outside but got too much crud on them and they took forever to dry in the cold air, so I brought the operation inside:

133300789_10158101571499007_1653069932201953392_n.jpg


Hopefully there will be more progress pictures later today.

Happy last day of 2020!!
 
And I just added three fountain pens to the mix. LAMY has a few limited colors to their Safari line every year. These are fairly nice pens for under $40 and I've been concentrating on these and Shaeffers whenever I get a new pen.
 
Good morning, peeps.

I bought myself a couple of goodies, and they are starting to arrive. First is the bike helmet, so I can get back on the trails. I'm determined to finish that darned C&O Canal, even if it's only 20 miles at a time. I'm also replacing the tripod Manfrotto R2 quick release to their Arca Swiss compatible "Top Lock" and picking up an AS plate and L-bracket. I came up short for the telephoto, so that will wait a couple months, but I caved in and got an iPad and case/folio. The folio is supposed to be here today, the iPad in about two to two-and-a-half weeks.

Son #1 is in ninth day of COVID. He presumably caught it on the job as a field tech, servicing printers. SDIL (sweet daughter in law) and their roommate are also infected, though SDIL has the milder of the symptoms. We're really hoping they'll be over this crap in another week or two.

I hope your son is on the mend soon! :icon_hug:

I'm in the middle of a new project:

132601299_10158101571449007_3823682920855656100_n.jpg


Started painting them outside but got too much crud on them and they took forever to dry in the cold air, so I brought the operation inside:

133300789_10158101571499007_1653069932201953392_n.jpg


Hopefully there will be more progress pictures later today.

Happy last day of 2020!!
Bookcase, or basic shelving project?

I see that Hello Fresh box back there! ;)
 
And I just added three fountain pens to the mix. LAMY has a few limited colors to their Safari line every year. These are fairly nice pens for under $40 and I've been concentrating on these and Shaeffers whenever I get a new pen.
I feel the need for more oil pastels. Because oil pastels. :icon_mrgreen:
 
Good morning, peeps.

I bought myself a couple of goodies, and they are starting to arrive. First is the bike helmet, so I can get back on the trails. I'm determined to finish that darned C&O Canal, even if it's only 20 miles at a time. I'm also replacing the tripod Manfrotto R2 quick release to their Arca Swiss compatible "Top Lock" and picking up an AS plate and L-bracket. I came up short for the telephoto, so that will wait a couple months, but I caved in and got an iPad and case/folio. The folio is supposed to be here today, the iPad in about two to two-and-a-half weeks.

Son #1 is in ninth day of COVID. He presumably caught it on the job as a field tech, servicing printers. SDIL (sweet daughter in law) and their roommate are also infected, though SDIL has the milder of the symptoms. We're really hoping they'll be over this crap in another week or two.

I hope your son is on the mend soon! :icon_hug:

I'm in the middle of a new project:

132601299_10158101571449007_3823682920855656100_n.jpg


Started painting them outside but got too much crud on them and they took forever to dry in the cold air, so I brought the operation inside:

133300789_10158101571499007_1653069932201953392_n.jpg


Hopefully there will be more progress pictures later today.

Happy last day of 2020!!
Bookcase, or basic shelving project?

I see that Hello Fresh box back there! ;)

Floating shelves mounted to the wall. There will be six 4-foot shelves on one wall (staggered depths: two 12-inch, two 10-inch, two 8-inch) and then around the corner, six more 2.5-foot shelves, all 8 inches deep.

Need to run to Home Depot to get the rest of the brackets. Don't know if we'll get all of the shelves up today but we'll do as much as we can.

The Hello Fresh box is filled with boring Paralegal books and notes :) When I tried the service earlier this year, I kept all the boxes in anticipation of needing boxes to move. In a weird way, the pandemic made it a lot easier to move because of all the home delivery and Amazon stuff I ordered! :boogie:
 
Happy New Year’s Eve Hosers! Here’s to better times ahead. Cheers!



no...I haven’t started drinking already. But I expect to celebrate tonight with a few martinis and some binge watching on Netflix. As soon as I decide which pjs to wear to the living room tonight.
 
I feel the need for more oil pastels. Because oil pastels. :icon_mrgreen:
Actually, I threw together a small one yesterday. I don't like it, but it was something to do. I'll post it in the challenge thread (furry). Lazy_lobster was cleaning up and gave mne some of their acrylics and oil pastels from classes!

Happy New Year’s Eve Hosers! Here’s to better times ahead. Cheers!

no...I haven’t started drinking already. But I expect to celebrate tonight with a few martinis and some binge watching on Netflix. As soon as I decide which pjs to wear to the living room tonight.

No big New Years plans. We did pick up a bottle of sparkling cranberry and apple cider (we're not really party people). We're pushing the pork roast thing, sans sauerkraut, to tonight instead of tomorrow (I'm much more Italian and Celtic, than I am German). We might go to a very nice local brick-oven place for brunch tomorrow, but not sure.

Netflix sounds like a winner, but I'll probably watch more of the Doctor Who marathon.
 
Happy New Year’s Eve Hosers! Here’s to better times ahead. Cheers!



no...I haven’t started drinking already. But I expect to celebrate tonight with a few martinis and some binge watching on Netflix. As soon as I decide which pjs to wear to the living room tonight.
Cheers! <clinks glasses> You know the old saying....it's midnight somewhere. Happy New Year! :band:

Stay safe, everyone.
 
Morning everyone happy new year to you all
Not sure of time zone difference but here it’s 08.33 GMT
Snow Bear Dr who yep done that even picking up some of the original first series off the web
Show my age now I am a Jon Pertwee era child worked on the same set as him once or twice.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom