What's new

The Coffee House

Square Peg
I know what you mean, taking photo of kids or youngsters is a real risk.
I saw a post that a member was invited to photograph kids and staff somewhere.
My first though was to make sure that all the permissions were in place
I like to do street photography and saw a kid come out of a cake shop, and was looking in the bag with a big grin and delight on their face.
Without thinking I snapped the shot, then thought,
An older man photographing kids.....
I quickly went up to the adults with the child after finding that they were parents I showed them the image
And asked did they want me to delete it
I was allowed to keep it for the cost of sending them an e copy and never, ever putting the image on the web
I kept it for a short time, then decided that I would delete it so it could never be uploaded even in error.

Good on you, you have the eye for a good image
 
So what the heck do you do all day? :popcorn:

:lol: I kid the Bear, I kid! You all are doing amazing work up there for your community. Hats off to you. Huge job, getting all this coordinated. Wow!
Sorry the neuropathy is getting the best of you today. :( I know the feeling; tho it's back pain on my end. Hope it gets better soon!
I make some maps, edit some tables, have a meeting now and then, and pet the kitty when she's laying on the desk (the most important task).

Thanks; some nights are worse than others.

Was out walking the pup at lunch and saw a couple of teenaged boys wearing shorts. I almost took a pic for you all but realized a middle aged mom snapping their pic would be creepy and the explanation that I was going to make a meme for the coffee house thread would not have been understood.
I've heard about you ...
cougar-isolated-white-background.webp ;)
 
It's just so awful we have to think this way when taking a kids picture! Geez..
Been off the Forum a while. Life got in the way.
Thankfully, no Covid or sickness, just stuff.

I think I missed a lot!
Just fluff and nonsense.
MLW has had both of her vaccines, the second made her sick - pain, nausea, lack of energy; her sister hardly had any pain with the second dose. I'm on the waiting list in two Counties (work & home) - we'll see which one gets to me first.
 
night all its 00.00 gmt here and I have to hand back Mrs, car tomorrow
I wanted to get it valeted before handing it back, sadly covid has meant all the car wash/valet places near me have gone.
 
And the trigger is pulled ... a 70-200/2.8 Nikkor and TC-20 teleconverter are being put together in GA and being shipped to SoMD.
 
And I just pulled the trigger, too!

My mu shu shrimp and hot & sour soup will be ready in 15 minutes.
 
Morning all.
Snow bear have fun with your new kit
And for my next trick... just got appointment for covid jab a long 20 mile ish taxi ride but according to google it’s just four miles in a straight line. Yea right I live on an island can’t just do the straight line I have to do the u shape
 
To OP
It’s is poor form to start posting links like this you risk
A your threads being removed
B getting a name for posting spam, and people will avoid your posts and or report them
So giving the benefit of you are new here, and you are not just posting spam
Tell us more about yourself what you shoot where, why if you feel like it what camera you used there are no bragging rights I only speak canon so if you said my camera is doing...... knowing what brand and if you feel like it model
People may be able to post ideas that may help.
 
To OP
It’s is poor form to start posting links like this you risk
A your threads being removed
B getting a name for posting spam, and people will avoid your posts and or report them
So giving the benefit of you are new here, and you are not just posting spam
Tell us more about yourself what you shoot where, why if you feel like it what camera you used there are no bragging rights I only speak canon so if you said my camera is doing...... knowing what brand and if you feel like it model
People may be able to post ideas that may help.

Six identical posts one after the other all with the same ad links? Dodgy imo.
 
Spam bot
 
To OP
It’s is poor form to start posting links like this you risk
A your threads being removed
B getting a name for posting spam, and people will avoid your posts and or report them
So giving the benefit of you are new here, and you are not just posting spam
Tell us more about yourself what you shoot where, why if you feel like it what camera you used there are no bragging rights I only speak canon so if you said my camera is doing...... knowing what brand and if you feel like it model
People may be able to post ideas that may help.

Six identical posts one after the other all with the same ad links? Dodgy imo.

Thank you both for being very diligent spam reporters!

Just so you know what goes on "behind the curtain", when someone reports a spam bot and we mark the user as spam, all their messages are deleted, so if you see more messages by the same user, it's not necessary to report them all. They will get automatically deleted from that first spam report.

What's really helpful is to leave a simple message in the thread - like the ones that SpaceFace and Sparky leave - that the message was reported, even if you reported a different message from that same user.

We seem to have gotten a huge uptick in spam lately, so again, thanks to all of you who are helping us keep on top of it!
 
To OP
It’s is poor form to start posting links like this you risk
A your threads being removed
B getting a name for posting spam, and people will avoid your posts and or report them
So giving the benefit of you are new here, and you are not just posting spam
Tell us more about yourself what you shoot where, why if you feel like it what camera you used there are no bragging rights I only speak canon so if you said my camera is doing...... knowing what brand and if you feel like it model
People may be able to post ideas that may help.

Six identical posts one after the other all with the same ad links? Dodgy imo.

Thank you both for being very diligent spam reporters!

Just so you know what goes on "behind the curtain", when someone reports a spam bot and we mark the user as spam, all their messages are deleted, so if you see more messages by the same user, it's not necessary to report them all. They will get automatically deleted from that first spam report.

What's really helpful is to leave a simple message in the thread - like the ones that SpaceFace and Sparky leave - that the message was reported, even if you reported a different message from that same user.

We seem to have gotten a huge uptick in spam lately, so again, thanks to all of you who are helping us keep on top of it!

Cheers. All noted.
 
Morning all, sunny here today.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom