What's new

The Coffee House

Yeah! Lots of great places to shoot in RI and some pretty beaches. Of course any good excuse to head to AK or the Keys would have been fine with me...

Oh visiting those places was definitely nice, but now we can see them every week :)
They will be in Newport, if you are familiar with it.
 
Yeah! Lots of great places to shoot in RI and some pretty beaches. Of course any good excuse to head to AK or the Keys would have been fine with me...

Oh visiting those places was definitely nice, but now we can see them every week :)
They will be in Newport, if you are familiar with it.

I know Newport from my younger days. Used to rent a summer house share with 30 of my closest friends lol. Haven’t been in a long while. The bridge is a great photo op.
 
Don’t understand lol

Do they have Ground Hog Day in the UK? It’s a ridiculous tradition where men in tophats go into a cave and bring out Punxsutawney Phil who is a groundhog. If he sees his shadow that means they’ll be six more weeks of winter. This year he saw his shadow. Again, it’s completely ridiculous. There is also a movie by that name with Bill Murray that is about a man who repeats the same day over and over. So sometimes people in the US refer to “Groundhog Day” meaning it’s more of the same.

Good morning all. Great news! Our son in law got orders for Rhode Island. Only about 5 1/2 hr drive to see the grandbabies! Sure beats Key West or Ketchikan, Alaska:1219:

Yeah! Lots of great places to shoot in RI and some pretty beaches. Of course any good excuse to head to AK or the Keys would have been fine with me...

To be fair, they don't go into a cave to get Phil. They just take him out of his cage and put him into a fake tree stump to pretend ;)

My friends and I once took a run to Punxatawney from Pittsburgh to do the whole Groundhog Day thing. Gobbler's Knob is real, but it's actually a clearing in the woods outside of town, not the gazebo in the middle of the town like it was in the movie. It was fun. They're really not taking themselves too seriously. And the town is really cute. We had an awesome breakfast at the diner (not the same one in the movie. Pretty sure that was just a set.) I would have liked to stay but we had to get back to Pittsburgh for class.

@Dean_Gretsch Love Rhode Island! I spent quite a lot of time there with one of my best friends who grew up there and lived just outside of Providence before she got married and moved to Indiana. There are some good pubs in Newport - the waterfront is beautiful but kinda touristy, so definitely explore the town beyond the waterfront. And on one of your trips out to Newport, stop at Narragansett and go to Crazy Burger - one block from the beach. Couldn't tell you the street off the top of my head, but the Googles will tell you. :) Or probably better to go on the way back to PA - you should get there before noon or the line gets pretty long.
 
Hi all
Well I have the dentist in the morning so if I am here later in the day you may he me go arrrrrrrrrr

Your ground hog day sounds interesting I did not know there was such history to it.
 
Hi all
Well I have the dentist in the morning so if I am here later in the day you may he me go arrrrrrrrrr

Your ground hog day sounds interesting I did not know there was such history to it.
Clearly, by February each year we become twitchy for entertainment on this side of the pond, so we have invented some weird sh*t.. :icon_mrgreen:
 
Boston

ABB28947-DBB2-4656-8E73-B9FD8001F543.webp
 
Hi all well I got through the dentist appointment better than I thought.
Think they took pity on me because I was early socking wet and dripping on their floor

And for a lighter note so you call laugh at me.
I bought small combo pad locks to lock the zips on my camera bags not a lot of protection but enough to give me warning if someone was trying to open the back pack in a crowd and of course
I have forgotten the combo number...... oh well time to find the bolt croppers
 

Although we definitely drop our R’s around here, I don’t think anyone has said “wicked” in decades except on the caricature Dunkin commercials.

Hi all well I got through the dentist appointment better than I thought.
Think they took pity on me because I was early socking wet and dripping on their floor

And for a lighter note so you call laugh at me.
I bought small combo pad locks to lock the zips on my camera bags not a lot of protection but enough to give me warning if someone was trying to open the back pack in a crowd and of course
I have forgotten the combo number...... oh well time to find the bolt croppers

I’m assuming you’ve tried all the relevant birthdays and phone numbers? I use the same number for everything so it’s easy.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom