What's new

The Coffee House

It is warming up today. I am taking my new lens over the grands after school to try out. Full sun photos not good, but I'll try.
Beautiful around here, as well. Our jonquils (daffodils) have been pushing up for the last couple of weeks - amazing how they stand strong through subfreezing temperatures. Now they have buds on them and will be popping soon.

I can hardly believe it, but spring is beginning to, well, SPRING out around here. Nearly March, so lots of early bloomers will be following those jonquils. :icon_flower:
 
Oof, not ready for spring around here. I'm enjoying my proper winter!
 
Oof, not ready for spring around here. I'm enjoying my proper winter!

i love fall and winter but hate snow. the winter weather related work obligations are cutting into my free time. i had just under 70 hours of work in last week for my 40 hour work week. and i'm thoroughly sick of getting to work at 3am.
 
Hi all probably will not be around during the day (uk time) my small dog is going for a trim
I have done it at home the last half dozen times she now needs it done properly
Also time for me to get off my backside, Mrs would not want me to be like I am right now,
I may even attempt a studio set up shoot with the dogs this w/e. Hope the guys behave, or are willing to pose
I hear lots of dog treats get results....
Night all.
 
I enjoy winter much more these past few years than I ever did when I was younger. I credit my new love of hiking, winter photography landscapes and our 2 year old pup.
 
The best we can hope for around here is a long, drawn-out spring. I grew up in Michigan and had my fill of digging out the car or driveway just to get to work in the winter. BUT I really detest the brutal summers down here. 2020 was a disaster on so many levels, but we did have an amazingly temperate summer. Lots of rain and very few days where the temperatures even wilted the yard. The extra rain extended the fireflies and the flower garden, so it was wonderful to sit out on the porch. Quite often the heat and humidity drives us back inside. Ugh!!
 
Hi all, my Molly (dog) has had her trim. She looks so cute. It’s ok me doing it but every so often she needs a proper trim.
 
upload_2021-2-24_15-58-9.webp
 
Fighting the neuropathy and it's winning; it's going to be a long day.

Tax refunds went into the bank a couple days ago. I've been saving a few dollars here and there for the 200-400 f/5.6, but for just about the same price I can get one of the Trinity and the 2x, so I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a 70-200 (VR II) and a TC-20E III.

On the work front, my part of the Emergency COVID-related Rent Assistance (phase 1) is done; the program goes live next week. Once they start getting applications and distributing the money, I'll have to add those data to the dashboard. On the same day as the Rent Assistance go live, the Fire/EMS is getting back out into the community to install begin installing a bunch of smoke detectors that have been on hold due to the pandemic. Out=r current set up is for businesses to "adopt" a neighborhood and donate detectors or funds for the detectors, but we're expanding it better track detector requests coming in to 3-1-1.

The installs will be catch-ups for a while so the stations will update the files at the desktop from paper. Once I get the addresses on the spreadsheets cleaned up (to our standard convention) we'll batch load them into file. Our goal is to automate the entry process by grabbing the 3-1-1 entries directly into out geo-files, if possible. We can then have a script email the report of pending installation requests. We will probably go in the field with the crews the first few weekends to help them that don't know how to use the phone app.

After these two major projects are done, I should be able to get back to the other three things I was doing; updating some data, getting five years of Fire & EMS calls into the geo-files, and revamping the Fire Preplanning setup. L:uckily we hired a new SR Analyst back in September and we've been paired up on a few things.

Stay safe.
 
Fighting the neuropathy and it's winning; it's going to be a long day.

Tax refunds went into the bank a couple days ago. I've been saving a few dollars here and there for the 200-400 f/5.6, but for just about the same price I can get one of the Trinity and the 2x, so I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a 70-200 (VR II) and a TC-20E III.

On the work front, my part of the Emergency COVID-related Rent Assistance (phase 1) is done; the program goes live next week. Once they start getting applications and distributing the money, I'll have to add those data to the dashboard. On the same day as the Rent Assistance go live, the Fire/EMS is getting back out into the community to install begin installing a bunch of smoke detectors that have been on hold due to the pandemic. Out=r current set up is for businesses to "adopt" a neighborhood and donate detectors or funds for the detectors, but we're expanding it better track detector requests coming in to 3-1-1.

The installs will be catch-ups for a while so the stations will update the files at the desktop from paper. Once I get the addresses on the spreadsheets cleaned up (to our standard convention) we'll batch load them into file. Our goal is to automate the entry process by grabbing the 3-1-1 entries directly into out geo-files, if possible. We can then have a script email the report of pending installation requests. We will probably go in the field with the crews the first few weekends to help them that don't know how to use the phone app.

After these two major projects are done, I should be able to get back to the other three things I was doing; updating some data, getting five years of Fire & EMS calls into the geo-files, and revamping the Fire Preplanning setup. L:uckily we hired a new SR Analyst back in September and we've been paired up on a few things.

Stay safe.
So what the heck do you do all day? :popcorn:












:lol: I kid the Bear, I kid! You all are doing amazing work up there for your community. Hats off to you. Huge job, getting all this coordinated. Wow!

Sorry the neuropathy is getting the best of you today. :( I know the feeling; tho it's back pain on my end. Hope it gets better soon!
 

It's funny because it's true :biglaugh:

(And yes, I'm east of the Hudson, which was the traditional boundary, so I count as a New Englander ;) )

Was out walking the pup at lunch and saw a couple of teenaged boys wearing shorts. I almost took a pic for you all but realized a middle aged mom snapping their pic would be creepy and the explanation that I was going to make a meme for the coffee house thread would not have been understood.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom