What's new

The Coffee House

Finally, Orson Welles showed his face... have been half paying attention and don't seem to know what's been going on half the time; might watch the replay at 10 am Sunday and pay attention to it, and this is an interesting movie from a photography perspective.
 
I will never get back to my pre covid life, start a new life

On the positive side we haven't had the usual sinus/bronchitis problems this year. Maybe it's the mask, maybe it's avoiding crowds, and hand sanitizer, probably all of the above. So our "new life" will likely still include those same things to some extent.
 
Last edited:
After much worrying, DW and I finally have our 2nd COVID shots. Thankfully neither of us noticed anything unpleasant from either shot. Now because of DW's immune system we wait for a few weeks until she can get an antibody test to see if it worked. Maybe then we can start to resume our pre-COVID life.
That's awesome news. You're very lucky. Our state is more like what Sharon was describing, long wait times and, in most cases, just not enough vaccines yet. I took the time to create a Walgreen's account, just to be able to give an account number when they actually don't mind making appointments a little further out than they are atm. Right now, they lead you through this Q&A process just to kick you to the curb at the end. Annoying.

Continuing to be patient. It's getting warmer outside, so I'm getting a little twitchy. :lol:
 
@terri it seems the rollout across the country has some significant differences.
 
@terri it seems the rollout across the country has some significant differences.
Agreed. Update: I went back to the online Walgreen's signup, and 5 minutes later had an appointment! They seem to cling to this "5-days out" restriction. Hubby decided to go with me, but In the time it took for him to make his own account, the day was already full so he had to content himself with the day after. We don't have a Walgreen's in our small town, so are driving about 30 minutes to the next county.

I feel better just getting ball rolling. We were both instructed online to make the appointments for the second dose, too, so there's nothing left now but the jabbing part. :lol:
 
I feel better just getting ball rolling. We were both instructed online to make the appointments for the second dose, too, so there's nothing left now but the jabbing part.

Interesting side observation, have no idea if this is factual or just coincidence, but on the first shots, DW got hers more to the front of the arm, I got mine more toward the back. She had no pain whatsoever from the shot, while my arm was pretty sore for 2-3 days. On the second shots, it was reversed, me in the front her in back. I had virtually no pain in the arm from the shot, but hers was sore for three days??????
 
My husband got his 2nd shot last week and was ill for about 24 hours. I got my 1st shot and will get the 2nd one next week maybe. We are going to keep up the masks & social distancing until the numbers get better. Hopefully things will be much better this fall. I know several people who will not get the vaccine and wonder what those numbers are in our area.
 
From tonight until September, sunset is after 7pm!!!! Whooopeeee! The dark days are over. I love that I can take the dog for a hike AFTER work instead of trying to squeeze one in before 8am or at lunch. I also love that I can have early dinner before going out to shoot sunset. That works well with my current intermittent fasting (I fast from 7pm to 11am). But most of all, I love love love that when I finish work, it is not yet dark out. The day is not over. The extra daylight makes me feel like there is so much more time each day!
 
From tonight until September, sunset is after 7pm!!!! Whooopeeee! The dark days are over. I love that I can take the dog for a hike AFTER work instead of trying to squeeze one in before 8am or at lunch. I also love that I can have early dinner before going out to shoot sunset. That works well with my current intermittent fasting (I fast from 7pm to 11am). But most of all, I love love love that when I finish work, it is not yet dark out. The day is not over. The extra daylight makes me feel like there is so much more time each day!

It's funny how differently people feel about this. I am a night owl and tend to be more productive in the evening, so I actually end up feeling like I have much *less* time in the day. I was thinking just last night how, when it gets dark around 5 or 6, I feel like it's a visual cue that the work day is over and I now have the evening stretched in front of me to do my own stuff, even if it was just relaxing or puttering. Now, I don't get get the visual cue until later and later, and I feel like I have less and less time for myself. I looked at the clock last night and thought, "Damnit, it's already past 7:00!" To much light makes me very jittery. I miss my nice, soothing dark evenings.
 
As of today, I am eligible fir vaccines in MD: 2A due to age and, lesser extent, diabetes (I am not under hospital care for it). I'm now registered at the state level (two mass vaccine sites) and the Univ. of MD Hospital system (local facility), and the hospital where the primary care provider is located. We'll see.

A couple of the local pharmacies (Walgreens, CVS) have been providing the shots, but there have been a number of co plaints that they are not scheduling the second shot when the first is administered, leaving folks to get back on lists.

MLW had minor ache from #1, was nauseous from #2; SIL had no reaction to either one.
 
@limr: I can appreciate this, though generally I do like daylight savings time. The worst thing for me lacking that usual visual cue is that dinner gets pushed back later and later! It's hard to think about stopping for the day to get into the kitchen with the sun still high - and it's only going to stay higherfor a couple more months. During the summer we're often not sitting down for dinner until 10pm!
 
I feel better just getting ball rolling. We were both instructed online to make the appointments for the second dose, too, so there's nothing left now but the jabbing part.

Interesting side observation, have no idea if this is factual or just coincidence, but on the first shots, DW got hers more to the front of the arm, I got mine more toward the back. She had no pain whatsoever from the shot, while my arm was pretty sore for 2-3 days. On the second shots, it was reversed, me in the front her in back. I had virtually no pain in the arm from the shot, but hers was sore for three days??????
Depends on how much muscle tissue gets involved, I think.
 
As of today, I am eligible fir vaccines in MD: 2A due to age and, lesser extent, diabetes (I am not under hospital care for it). I'm now registered at the state level (two mass vaccine sites) and the Univ. of MD Hospital system (local facility), and the hospital where the primary care provider is located. We'll see.

A couple of the local pharmacies (Walgreens, CVS) have been providing the shots, but there have been a number of co plaints that they are not scheduling the second shot when the first is administered, leaving folks to get back on lists.

MLW had minor ache from #1, was nauseous from #2; SIL had no reaction to either one.

CVS here requires you to book shot #2 when you book #1. Even if you can only book the first one just do it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom