What's new

The Coffee House

Nice to put your feet up, I am having a day off from doing paperwork and packing away my wife’s stuff.
I have worked on the montage, now up to 80 plus layers and 2.7Gb that’s with flattening the image at 60 layers
The pc is slowing now lol just found that PSE 12 has a max 3GB limit

Stormy here prevented me from doing the garden
 
i worked until 3 last night so i'm going in to work a little late today. i was going to go to the wildlife refuge for an hour. but then some vandal drove through the gate last night and now it's closed for an investigation and repairs. same deal tonight with work. so if i want to go shoot i'm left with the abandoned fishing port where i can see osprey, drug deals, hawks and dead bodies. or a 45 minute drive south to the crappy refuge to turn around and drive 1hr north to work.
 
i worked until 3 last night so i'm going in to work a little late today. i was going to go to the wildlife refuge for an hour. but then some vandal drove through the gate last night and now it's closed for an investigation and repairs. same deal tonight with work. so if i want to go shoot i'm left with the abandoned fishing port where i can see osprey, drug deals, hawks and dead bodies. or a 45 minute drive south to the crappy refuge to turn around and drive 1hr north to work.

Sad that vandals have to ruin a refuge. I see lots of trash at the nature center that I frequent.
 
i worked until 3 last night so i'm going in to work a little late today. i was going to go to the wildlife refuge for an hour. but then some vandal drove through the gate last night and now it's closed for an investigation and repairs. same deal tonight with work. so if i want to go shoot i'm left with the abandoned fishing port where i can see osprey, drug deals, hawks and dead bodies. or a 45 minute drive south to the crappy refuge to turn around and drive 1hr north to work.

Sad that vandals have to ruin a refuge. I see lots of trash at the nature center that I frequent.

there's trash out there too, sad to see it. but they actually rammed the closed gate last night. a few months back someone broke all of the windows out of the 1750's historic farm house on the refuge and vandalized the inside. i keep telling the refuge admin to put cameras up, but i think he's afraid of spending his life in court going after every one.
 
i worked until 3 last night so i'm going in to work a little late today. i was going to go to the wildlife refuge for an hour. but then some vandal drove through the gate last night and now it's closed for an investigation and repairs. same deal tonight with work. so if i want to go shoot i'm left with the abandoned fishing port where i can see osprey, drug deals, hawks and dead bodies. or a 45 minute drive south to the crappy refuge to turn around and drive 1hr north to work.

Sad that vandals have to ruin a refuge. I see lots of trash at the nature center that I frequent.

A lot more trash since covid started. I see quite a few more people while hiking than ever before so I'm sure that is what is going on. Lot of families keeping the kiddies busy and tiring them out on the trails. I usually have plastic bags with me in case I need to pick up after the dog and if I have my gloves on I'll pick up trash when I see it. We recently organized a small crew to clean up around our local pond. Only 1 side of the pond is public access and we pulled at least 5 bags of trash from the shore and surrounding areas. Could have easily filled another 5 if we had the time. Will go back again in a few weeks and do some more.

Jeepers people! Just can't fathom ruining a place just for fun?!

People suck. end of sentence.
 
People suck. end of sentence.
yes. yes, they suck.

glad you're picking up behind people, but it shouldn't be necessary. everyone over the age of 3 should know to clean up behind themselves and not be a douche bag.

"Should" being the operative word. People ruin everything.
 
Hi everyone how are you all today?
I am playing hokey now, I have spent the morning doing paperwork re my wife’s estate letters more letters send this reply to that.
So now I am here having a relax
Later I will have a look at my photography kit and have a sort out and decide if I am going to trade in some to trade up/ up grade my camera. Depends on what I get for the kit I am willing to let go.
 
At first I thought that said you were playing hockey..,


Hope all is well over there.
 
No ...should have guesses you would think of that lol
Playing hocky, skyving, bunking off , awol,
All local terms for not doing what you should and doing something else
EG I am not at school to day I am skyving
I should be in the office doing the report for the boss but I am playing hokey by going out with the camera
 
After a few days of warm, spring-has-sprung weather, yesterday and today have been cool and rainy - very welcome!

We're supposedly in for some bad storms later tonight and tomorrow. After that the sun shines, and it will turn cold again. I'm very happy about that, since a nice cool spring keeps summer heat at bay. I'm not even remotely ready for that!
 
So Katomi's playing hooky on St. Patrick's Day, and speaking of hockey...

College league playoffs have been on the weirdest schedule. Many played Sunday games, then championship games on a Tuesday night. No fans in the stands (except for one league I noticed) so I guess it doesn't matter what night. This afternoon Hockey East is having semis and the first game went into OT; was looking like an upset til there was a scoring frenzy in the 3rd which ended the period at 5-5.

Freestyle Photo just emailed out that they have in stock psychedelic film, groovy baby! I just got my stimulus check so I'm feeling very stimulated to treat myself to some wacky film.
 
Oh heck
It’s nearly 02 am GMT
I had real coffee not decaf this morning, made a pot, 4 cups, and enjoyed the lot by lunch time
Now I can’t sleep, oh well
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom