That’s incredibly rude of him. At least he could have made a courtesy call to say hey I know I suck but I’m blowing you off due to some lame made up reason. Not many excuses I would accept for a no call/no show. Most involve hospital stays or worse
It seems to happen more and more, maybe it's a generation thing?????? Hospital or other issues weren't the problem, because he was posting on FB.

Like I said it's become a situation where I hear certain things, my intuition kicks in, letting me make preemptive changes, so I don't let it bother me much. Unless I've made special arrangements on the time, or missed other engagements because of it. Then I'll unload on them.
I made the same mistake once. A friend was getting married, and in Asia the custom is to have a 'pre-wedding' photoshoot in a local beauty spot so you can have some nice prints on display at the wedding. Often the bride will wear her dress, or some other special clothes.
I asked about their plans for the pre-wedding shoot, but they said money was tight, so they are not doing one. I offered to do it for them, thinking if they are not getting a professional photographer anyway - my amateur shots may be appreciated. I'm a keen portrait shooter, have a selection of off-camera flashes and lights and some decent prime lenses, and I also knew a nice park with good light around the 'golden hour's.
I lugged the gear in the 100'F heat into the park (no cars allowed), took some test shots of my 'assistant' and waited. The couple eventually turned up, casually dressed and looking like it was a chore. They acted like they were doing me a favour. I was pleased with the results, and my assistant helped with pose suggestions and tried valiantly to improve their mood during the shoot.
I had the best of the shots printed, with some large prints for the day.
Never had any feedback on the images, none were used on the day.
Perhaps they felt obliged to turn up and thought I just wanted to play with my gear .... but I had better things to do that day, and was only trying to help. Now I stick to photos of my partner, who at least appreciate the results.
May post some of the pre-wedding shots here, so at least they see the light of day?
But what I did learn is that being a pro must be tough ..... I was exhausted after the session!