The Coffee House

Snow Bear
Hope all is well or has gone well. This darn I pad wants to keep changing the spelling.
I am here off and on at the moment.
I am shuttling between home and mums place, helping her sort out dad’s estate and all the paperwork that goes with it and still sorting our my Mrs estate, as well as deal with the after effects of having the bed room flooded from flat above.

Thanks, hosers. She is doing well but is not able to lift anything heavier than a cup of coffee. I'm helping her any way I can (as usual).

Hope she has a smooth recovery, Bear. Strength will return eventually.

To all the USA hosers: Happy Memorial Day! A thank you to all our service members, past and present. 🇺🇸

Get well soon to YLW! I’m sure you’re taking excellent care of her.

The feeling in her arm is coming back a bit more each day. She plans on going back to work in September

I apparently have "trigger finger" from overuse of the mouse. If I bend the index finger, it is very hard to straighten back out (and somewhat painful). I've splinted it until the Doc can see me. So far, it's working just fine.

Unfortunately, I didn't have any of those cushioned aluminum splint things, so I had to improvise. I am learning to use the twi midde fingers to control the mouse buttons.

IMG_1685.JPGIMG_1686.JPG

Have that in both middle fingers. Only real fix is surgery. Had it done on the worst one. Wasn’t too bad, out patient in the office.

Sunny and hot here today.

I apparently have "trigger finger" from overuse of the mouse. If I bend the index finger, it is very hard to straighten back out (and somewhat painful). I've splinted it until the Doc can see me. So far, it's working just fine.

Unfortunately, I didn't have any of those cushioned aluminum splint things, so I had to improvise. I am learning to use the twi midde fingers to control the mouse buttons.

View attachment 244759View attachment 244760

Unfortunately, that is all to common with HEAVY use of the computer.

In the early days, it was "Mac elbow" from overuse of the mouse.

I switched to a Logitech trackball, so I use my thumb, instead of my index finger.
But then I overuse my index and middle finger turning the ball.
I really should do as my doc told me, LAY OFF THE COMPUTER for a while, and let your muscles rest and recover.

Ice to bring down the swelling, then heat to relax the muscles.

BTW, the other reason I use a Logitech trackball is, it is symetric, so I can use my left hand.
It takes a LOT of practice/training to get the left hand working, but it really reduces the workload on the right hand.
In the office it was funny. When I reconfigure for left hand, if anyone tries to use my computer, they went nuts. They don't know how to use a left-hand trackball.

Easier said than done; half of the job is mouse work; I also didn't realize how much I use that right index (picking up things, writing, drawing, painting, camera shutter button ...). It will get better.
I also use a trackball (but the ball is on the left side) - thumb on the ball, index and middle fingers on the buttons; I've shifted the fingers so I'm now using the middle and ring for buttons.

I think I had that trackball, but changed to a symetric one that I could use left-handed.

Try this one. It is symetric, so easier to use left-handed.

Shutter button, tell me about that one.
As a sports photographer, I shoot so much that I often use my middle finger on the shutter button, to rest my index finger when it starts to cramp/hurt.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Mine were damaged from hand tools, even though the past 20+ years my day job has been computer work. My hobbies and the fact I like doing all my own carpenter, auto mech work, etc.

wrecked my car. lady pulled out right in front of me trying to make an illegal turn.
totaled the car. going to miss my shift tomorrow. hopefully won't miss any work past that.
hitting another car, then the sidewalk, then a fire hydrant isn't much fun, especially when you have to pull yourself out through a window opposite you.
hurt like hell.
Medic in me kicked in though and I got the other driver out of their car before I even realized what was hurting on me.
EMS arrived in the middle of me doing a trauma assessment and took over. It's weird being on the other end of the accident.

Most reactions

Back