I apparently have "trigger finger" from overuse of the mouse. If I bend the index finger, it is very hard to straighten back out (and somewhat painful). I've splinted it until the Doc can see me. So far, it's working just fine.
Unfortunately, I didn't have any of those cushioned aluminum splint things, so I had to improvise. I am learning to use the twi midde fingers to control the mouse buttons.
View attachment 244759View attachment 244760
Unfortunately, that is all to common with HEAVY use of the computer.
In the early days, it was "Mac elbow" from overuse of the mouse.
I switched to a Logitech trackball, so I use my thumb, instead of my index finger.
But then I overuse my index and middle finger turning the ball.
I really should do as my doc told me, LAY OFF THE COMPUTER for a while, and let your muscles rest and recover.
Ice to bring down the swelling, then heat to relax the muscles.
BTW, the other reason I use a Logitech trackball is, it is symetric, so I can use my left hand.
It takes a LOT of practice/training to get the left hand working, but it really reduces the workload on the right hand.
In the office it was funny. When I reconfigure for left hand, if anyone tries to use my computer, they went nuts. They don't know how to use a left-hand trackball.