CB080C0F-8B41-463F-B5E4-774BB26B2B01.jpeg

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
And not that there's a good time to say this, and I don't think I did yet, but my mom passed away recently. Rather sudden, even though she was getting up there in years and had moved from independent to assisted living. Mostly she was getting more unsteady and had started therapy for that and her hip/back hurting, etc.

I suppose it's better than a health situation that drags on. She got sick to her stomach and there was a little blood so the Dr. there ordered lab work. Later they called that she went to the hospital and was admitted for observation. They expected she'd be released the next day and I got a call early morning. Our family Dr. said it was probably a blockage due to plaque in the arteries, which is consistent with other symptoms before.

She'd said to me recently 'I'm 89!!' I was like, yeah, I know! like what are ya telling me for?! lol So we'd had a good laugh about that.
My condolences, Sharon. :pumpformylove: It does seem unexpected, since the way you talked about her, she was quite in charge of her faculties. Very sorry for your family's loss.

Fujidave

Blue eyed and Beautiful
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nice sunny day here today.

Original katomi

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all. It’s silly o clock here
Off to the funeral at 2 pm today should really try and sleep.
Watched a prog on tv
Like master chef but for photography.. brill prog, found myself CC the images and deciding how I would do the challange/task
I did get some good ideas from it, and soon as can be arranged I am going to be brave and face my nemeses and do a studio style portrait shop ..yes with a human lol.....
Will post images if ok if not will post sad face.....if my G kids show me how...

Fujidave

Blue eyed and Beautiful
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Another warm and sunny day here today.

Fujidave

Blue eyed and Beautiful
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Grey day here today.

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Hi All. It is nice here today. 70's and clear. A welcome break from the crushing heat and humidity of the past few days. The weekend is looking cloudy and possibly rainy so we are moving our milky way chasing to tonight. Staying out all night is not my favorite thing to do on a work night but it must be done! Heading to the Cape which I prefer to NH for milky way because... no bears!

Original katomi

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all grey day here today became nice late evening
Had a bright sunny day yesterday and as these thing go yesterday went well.
We paid for the limo to take us to the cremation and all the staff were brill.
And today the builders finished the repairs and the re Dec of my bedroom can stop camping in my lounge now lol
Maybe even get time to do some photography

vintagesnaps

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thanks everyone. Now it's been going thru what was in the desk, paperwork... did she ever keep everything, and lots of notes on little note pads, but I'm finding what I need. Just takes time.

Need to finish up an online embroidery class that ends next week, then I'm not starting anything else for awhile! Whew, I need a breather.

ac12

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just don't do what happened to my brother and sister.
I sorted my mother's papers, and made stacks for each of them, and LABELED the stacks.
And I told them to come get their papers.
Then someone threw out all the papers, as trash, ignoring the label. :eek-73:
Now those irreplaceable document are "gone." 😭

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm ready for the weather patterns to change here in the SE US! Heavy humidity, overcast, off and on showers, and did I mention humidity? This is more like late July-August. Disgusting! I've been run indoors shortly after tending to the herbs and tomatoes for the past several days now. I'd planned more shooting with one of my old box cameras, but it's just out of the question. :irked: Ugh!!! Temperatures are moderate, but I'd rather go with higher temps and drier air. Slightly higher, anyway!

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Chased the Milky Way into the blue hour then saw what looked to be an amazing sunrise developing so chased that too. Some successes and some flops. It was a looong night. Left here last night at 7:30pm and arrived home at 6:30am. got a short nap before work. Going to sleep like a baby tonight if I make it that far!

limr

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
moderndinosaur.wordpress.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey hosers.

First day of AP essay scoring on the books. Eight hours and 36 essays done. Half of my time today was training and waiting for the site to start working again, and one meeting with my reading group for this year. Gonna try to see if I can do at least 100 tomorrow. Can't remember what my daily personal best was from last year.

Plethora count so far: 0

Mike Drone

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey hosers.

First day of AP essay scoring on the books. Eight hours and 36 essays done. Half of my time today was training and waiting for the site to start working again, and one meeting with my reading group for this year. Gonna try to see if I can do at least 100 tomorrow. Can't remember what my daily personal best was from last year.

Plethora count so far: 0
I was not able to teach summer school because of facilities. I will be sitting here until school starts August 18th. I do not know what to do with myself. I will be putting your recipe of pão de ló to a lot of use. =]

Most reactions