The Coffee House

Dean_Gretsch

Papa
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
And the grand total when I finally got the screen that says there are no more essays to grade: 7.5 days, 62h 40m, 842 essays.
I hope you can immerse yourself into whatever you do for fun now. You deserve it!

limr

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
moderndinosaur.wordpress.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
I hope you can immerse yourself into whatever you do for fun now. You deserve it!

I certainly will, although I apparently spoke too soon. There were no more responses for the question I was assigned, but since there are still more essays to score, our group was assigned to a new question (same type of essay at least.) So I'm back at it for a little while.

Upside #1: More hours = more money.
Upside #2: Plethora count is now up to 5.

ac12

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I certainly will, although I apparently spoke too soon. There were no more responses for the question I was assigned, but since there are still more essays to score, our group was assigned to a new question (same type of essay at least.) So I'm back at it for a little while.

Upside #1: More hours = more money.
Upside #2: Plethora count is now up to 5.

I like upside #1.

limr

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
Photos NOT OK to edit
And now I really am officially done. Turns out I only had to read for the 2nd question for a little over an hour. The website we use only shows the hours/essays if we're actively scoring. I had to log off briefly to meet with a student and by the time I was done, I had gotten the message that there were no more essays, so it was too late to log back in to check my official numbers. But I'm fairly certain it was 64 hours almost on the nose, and I'm definitely sure I finished 855 essays.

limr

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
Photos NOT OK to edit
Keep goin' for those plethoras!

Nah, it's time for takeout and jammies and the 2nd episode of Loki :)

I took most of this past week off work - just left a couple of hours M-Th to attend a few meetings I didn't want to miss and get some things done that I couldn't really leave. But I took ALL of next week off. I am friiiiieeeeed. I need some serious recovery time now.

limr

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
Photos NOT OK to edit
Okay, I lied. I have energy for very little else today, but apparently leaving my house to go *literally* 4 minutes away to pick up an order of Chinese food takes more energy than just cooking something, cracking open a beer, and flopping on the couch.

Mike Drone

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
My new to me car broke down and left me stranded about 20 miles between two cities in the middle of nowhere (the desert). It really sucks because I was looking to get photos for the weekly 70-300 zoom challenge, I have been waiting all week to participate in the challenge but all I got was dehydrated and a sunburn waiting for a rescue. Looking on the bright side though, it was a beautiful 117 degree day. It's to bad I had to spend it stuck on the side of the road waiting on my kid to get my truck and trailer and pick me up. Hopefully I can get in the next challenge.

Last edited:

vintagesnaps

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Bummer Mike. Hope the rest of the weekend is better.

Leo sounds ready for a plethora of cats & snacks & veg out time.

limr

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
Photos NOT OK to edit
My new to me car broke down and left me stranded about 20 miles between two cities in the middle of nowhere (the desert). It really sucks because I was looking to get photos for the weekly 70-300 zoom challenge, I have been waiting all week to participate in the challenge but all I got was dehydrated and a sunburn waiting for a rescue. Looking on the bright side though, it was a beautiful 117 degree day. It's to bad I had to spend it stuck on the side of the road waiting on my kid to get my truck and trailer and pick me up. Hopefully I can get in the next challenge.

Oof, that's rough!

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Morning all. I'm hoping July will slow down a little for us. Haven't been able to do much photography. Took an extended trip the end of May-first of June through northern Illinois, back through southern Illinois and Indiana.

In the process of buying a lot, on Weiss Lake, about 30 miles from us. We close on the 1st. It's already setup with utilities, decks, a dock and cover. Even comes with a 2019 travel trailer, that we'll probably leave for now. I love our place in the woods, but I miss all those years we lived on the water, now can have both.

This past week the minor surgery on a spot on Sadie Mae's eyelid turned into a little more complicated than we expected. So now, she has to wear the dreaded cone for 10 days. She is definitely not happy.

Have some studio work coming up next month if I can slow down long enough to work it in.

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Happy Father's Day
Happy Father's day to you too! Hope you're recovered from the sunburn. That heat sounds freaking awful out there.

Happy Summer Solstice, hosers. Actual time is 11:30pm EDT, I think I saw that earlier. The rain from Claudette that's been around the last couple of days has finally pulled out. Hummingbirds have been going nuts at the feeders.

Most reactions