The Coffee House

I never shoot sequential. I shoot one card jpeg one raw since the Fuji jpegs are gorgeous and usable most of the time. For astro or tricky exposures, when I know I’ll have to make a lot of adjustments, I switch to use slot 1 as main and 2 as back up. I’d hate to spend the whole night out hiking and shooting and then have a bad card lose all my data. I carry extra cards and swap out if I fill them which I rarely do. The only time I get a full card message is if I forget to format the card before I start shooting and I have last shoot’s images still on the card.

It was 71 F when I went out at 5:00, this evening. Tomorrow is supposed to start as snow, then change to snow-rain mix.

In other stuff, I finalized my reservations for the Delmarva GIS Conference in May, and the big Esri User's Conference in San Diego, in July. The latter will be special: I am going to fly into Santa Barbara a couple days early and spend some time with my cousin; I haven't seen her in 25 or 30 years, We connected, via phone a few times, most recently after Mom's passing.

Zoey is laying down on the couch between MLW and I, purring very loudly.

I dropped the truck off at the shop to get the headlight fixed. I'll probably get it back tomorrow.

They will also install the hood lock since I couldn't do it; the riveter I have doesn't accommodate a 1/4" rivet stud (nail). I also don't have the upper body strength of a gorilla that is required to do this by hand. The man said he probably wouldn't actually put in a ticket, just have me "pay a couple bucks to his guys." No problem, I can bring $20 cash and a couple six-packs.

I generally have mine set the same way: one, then two. But I'll switch them after a few sessions so the same card isn't the only one getting used. I marked them "A" and "B"
Good idea on switching the cards around so one is over used. When I was shooting a lot of video with the Sonys and the GoPro I had marked all of the cards with a number and letter system to keep track. Taking photos I don't seem to use up one card.

I never shoot sequential. I shoot one card jpeg one raw since the Fuji jpegs are gorgeous and usable most of the time. For astro or tricky exposures, when I know I’ll have to make a lot of adjustments, I switch to use slot 1 as main and 2 as back up. I’d hate to spend the whole night out hiking and shooting and then have a bad card lose all my data. I carry extra cards and swap out if I fill them which I rarely do. The only time I get a full card message is if I forget to format the card before I start shooting and I have last shoot’s images still on the card.
Shooting astro and hiking to the location I can see why it is important to have a copy.

1645900793513.png

Only eight more things left in SIL's shed. We'll get them out in the next day , or so, and we are done with that project. The "For Sale" sign is already in the window (the mobile home park doesn't allow any more than that on the property). It's taken six months, many trips to the landfill, and a lot of sweat. But there were some good things to come out of it: I got a few tools, and the truck. Now it's time to spend the next four months on the other house.

Only eight more things left in SIL's shed. We'll get them out in the next day , or so, and we are done with that project. The "For Sale" sign is already in the window (the mobile home park doesn't allow any more than that on the property). It's taken six months, many trips to the landfill, and a lot of sweat. But there were some good things to come out of it: I got a few tools, and the truck. Now it's time to spend the next four months on the other house.
I can relate. It's amazing how much stuff we can accumulate over time! After carefully packing up a couple dozen glasses from my mom's cupboards for the Good Will trip, I found one that matched in the dishwasher. :irked:

Yeah. We are definitely getting rid of some our own stuff at the same time we're cleaning the other house.

Know your pain ... clearing up dads stuff for mum 5 skips and a lorry (rip off) later we are still sorting
mum has decided to clear some of her stuff now so that we( the kids) dont have the same problems later when she goes.

Has a nice day out yesterday, combined taking mum to her monday church thing and got in some photography. blue sky much more drematic than i rem and no i did not have a cpl on the lens just the 24-105 f4 l series

Attachments

• church 4.jpg
    church 4.jpg
    721.9 KB · Views: 23
Dejunking here too! We have 8 bags of clothing, coats and bedding getting picked up this month. The charity picks up from your porch which makes it easier to get rid of things.

After cleaning out both moms' homes it teaches a lessen to dejunk now and not later. A relative recently moved from a 3 bed 2 story home they lived in for 50 years to a 2 bed duplex. I tried to help unpack, but they have way too much stuff. Their adult children will have to deal with it. If they will part with things. The good thing is that it drove home to my husband that we have to dejunk our stuff now.

I just had to share this with you guys that enjoy cooking. I made “ Cajun Chicken Pasta “ from a website my wife saw on FB. Iamhomesteader.com is the site. This was the best! For the Cajun seasoning, we have always used Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning. If you like spicy, it’s awesome stuff. This is the first dish we have tried from the site, but there are tons that sound really nice, including one of my wife’s favorites : Penne in Vodka Sauce;)

A general-use Cajun seasoning is pretty easy to do:
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried sage
a pinch of chili powder
6 cups cayene pepper

Most reactions

Back