What's new

The Coffee House

Good morning hosers. I'm back in the real office, today. My wall calendar was still on December 2021, so I guess I haven't been here since before Christmas.
 
Good morning hosers. I'm back in the real office, today. My wall calendar was still on December 2021, so I guess I haven't been here since before Christmas.
I had no idea that it had been that long! Must have felt a little strange, getting there and looking around.
 
Beautiful backyard, Leo. I'm sure you had pretty scenes like this in mind when you bought the place. :) Very cozy inside.

Thanks! When I first saw the house, I was already thinking that it would work out, and then I looked in the back yard and thought, "Yup, this is it!" Not having space around me was a deal breaker. Saw a bunch of houses that were very nice, but were on a 1/3-acre lot and I couldn't do it.

In other news, I switched my snow tires to my all seasons yesterday. It's nice to actually drive again and not just manage to get the car chassis from A to B rolling on 4 jelly doughtnuts. At least that's what it feels like driving on snows once the weather gets warmer.
 
It's 70 degrees today. I have to go to SIL's to put a transport tag on the van (we're getting it inspected, then off to a friend's place for her business), but I'm pulling the top panels off of the truck, first.
 
It's 70 degrees today. I have to go to SIL's to put a transport tag on the van (we're getting it inspected, then off to a friend's place for her business), but I'm pulling the top panels off of the truck, first.
I've never had mine off, do you put them in the storage bag and take them with you?
 
I've never had mine off, do you put them in the storage bag and take them with you?
I usually put them in the bag, then put that in the bed (if empty). If I don't have th bag with me (I keep it at home) I put them in the back seat with a furniture pad between them. Yesterday I just decided to bring them inside.

Once we move and I have a place to put it, I'll be tempted to pull the whole top off (8 bolts), but we'll see.
 
Good morning, hosers; it's been a few days.
We have a contract on SIL's place, and settlement is slated for the sixth. The offer cam e in at a little over asking, but the buyers have to sell their place first.

I found a sweet deal on a set of four slightly used steel Jeep wheels, the stock ones from a base model Gladiator. They are not as pretty or light as the alloy wheels, but these will be for $15 each, I couldn't resist. They'll be for off-road or winter tires One more thing checked off the big wish list.

I've messed up my leg so except for yesterday's ride to get the wheels, I've been elevating it as much as possible. MLW has advised me that my job at mom's house will be to stay in the recliner and catalog the cook book titles. If I need a break from that, I can start working out floor plans and figuring out where tp put our furniture.

Finally, I've been asked to photo a family friend's fashion show in September. I'll get at least one more strobist set (light, stand, umbrella, trigger receiver), a decent light meter, and a 24-70/2.8. I have the 70-200 for closer shots but swapping lenses will most likely be an issue so I will probably rent a second 750 body, unless I can find a real good deal on one. We'll see how it goes.
 
Lots of updates in there, Bear! Good luck with the transition to the new-to-you home! Sorry about your leg; I hope you listen to your wife (I know you will). 😉

That's exciting news about the upcoming photo shoot. I don't mess with setups like this, too intimidating for me. You'll have to keep us posted!
 
Ooh a high fashion photo shoot! Fun stuff.
 
Ooh a high fashion photo shoot! Fun stuff.
Cyndi studied design in Atlanta but never opened her business unti recently. She and MLW worked together at the County for a number of years. She’s a sweetheart; I wouldn’t attempt this for anyone else.
 
4AE30595-95A3-44C7-A36F-338D9C3025DE.webp
 
Hi Hosers! I’m suffering today. Went out to shoot the milkyway last night and am working today eeek! Wouldn’t normally go out on a school night but it was the only night this week that was expected to be clear. I’m sure many of you have seen on the news that there’s a big aurora storm starting tonight and for the next 3 nights. Here in the northeast we’re expecting to be totally clouded out! If you have clear skies and you’re in the northern us or Canada be sure to get out there!!
 
Looks like TPF got spammed by the Chinese. LOL
 
Yes I have been spam policing like crazy.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom