We have a kitchen remodeler signed on. We're not going to open the kitchen into the dining room as we had originally wanted; the wall is load bearing and it doesn't seem to be cost effective to put in a beam (we're planning on seeling in a few years). We're going with flooring, cabinets, counters, back splashes, lighting, and new appliances (except fairly new fridge) as well as adding a couple of electrical outlets. The oven and stove (all currently electric) will be put on seperate circuits; they are currently on one. We may try to have some of the other rooms split into seperate circuits, later.
There is also a huge mirror over the fireplac in the living room that was been there when Dad and Mom bought the place in '77. We don't like it but don't have the skills to take it down ourselves. MLW rememebered that one of the grand nephews does glass work so gave him a shout. He'll be out next week to take care of it. CATV/Internet access goes in next week, as well, so then I can start working on the office area. I'll take up the side table and one of the chairs, but MLW wants the movers to handle the heavy desk.
The windows contractor is coming out tomorrow for the pre-install inspection. We got the basment cleared to the picture window that will be replaced, except they will have to shimmy between two of the walls and the trains. It'ss be a while befpore they can be moved with the stuff stored beneath them. I also got a good portion of the stuff off the patio (hasn't been cleared off in a few years). I removed ten buckets (the five-gallon ones you can get at Lowe's and Home Depot) of basically leaves, mud and compost. There are still a dozen or so loads left. The patio is below grade and has a few low spots, so I guess I'll look for a concrete person that can level those, ad put in enough of a grade for water to flow to the drain.
There is still a lot of poison ivy, Virginia creeper and some other kind of ivy in the back yard. The old concrete bench is still out there, in the bamboo, and some other stuff that was dumped back there, like a couple of old trash cans and an old milk cart. I'm working my way to them.
Off to the real office - have a good one, peeps.