Well, a first for me this afternoon. I was out on the patio putting my tools away from carving another wood spirit and about to go in the house when I noticed a male ruby throat hummingbird in quite the predicament! My wife has a couple solar powered glass flowers with color changing bulbs attached to the flower box that also has the feeders hanging from it. The “ flowers “ have an alligator clip and tightly coiled spring that allows them to bounce a bit in the wind. The hummer somehow had his beak stuck between the coils of the spring and could not free himself. I think it had just happened because it still had strength when I freed it. It flew away instantly. I would have taken a pic of it if I had known it wasn’t weak. I wanted to give it a chance and quickly dismissed getting the camera

. I took those flowers away so that won’t happen again