The Coffee House

Morning all
You put the bones up out of the dogs reach and this happens
A8E93779-D2B3-4F77-9665-5DFFC720D3DD.jpeg

Ugh. Sorry, Smoke! Crappy way to end the year. :(

This has been a month for us at our house, between COVID, Flu, Strep, and now this respiratory crud that wont let go. DW is still feeling the after effects of COVID from the first of the month.....fatigue and surprisingly the brain fog. When she had COVID the first of September she bounced back within days. Everyone around our area seems to be sick with something. The weather has been such a rollercoaster of temperature swings.

There are worse ways.
I would take meds over being IN the hospital.
Well, sure. But sometimes it's nice to just get some metaphorical tea and sympathy, as opposed to some well-meaning "glass half full" platitudes that somehow imply the recipient should buck up and cope. ;) If you feel like crap, you feel like crap.

This has been a month for us at our house, between COVID, Flu, Strep, and now this respiratory crud that wont let go. DW is still feeling the after effects of COVID from the first of the month.....fatigue and surprisingly the brain fog. When she had COVID the first of September she bounced back within days. Everyone around our area seems to be sick with something. The weather has been such a rollercoaster of temperature swings.
I hope your DW recovers soon. She has been through a lot. Hopefully you will get better too. The respiratory stuff hangs on. I am in week 4 and have a doc appointment tomorrow.

Reminded me of that joke where the car won’t start and the driver tells the AAA guy there’s a warning light on the dash of a person sitting on the toilet. -4°

The grands are coming over tomorrow. To spice things up after the gift opening I made a clue type game. First they have to find the pickle ornament on the tree and from there clues to find more things around the house.

So that pickle ornament search is really a thing? Someone gave us one and we had never heard of it and we really gave her a hard time about it lol. Lots of pickle jokes all day. She was really in a pickle!
:lol: -4 icon cannot unsee it now!

I heard about the pickle ornament from someone in the New England area. I thought it was a New England thing.

I am in week 4 and have a doc appointment tomorrow.
What ever this stuff is it just keeps hanging on........almost get over it but not quite, then it flares up again.

@terri No sympathy at my house. DW will be the first to admit she isn't a good patient and even less the caregiver. LOL

The kitchen is coming along. Demo almost complete and the cabinets were delivered today and installation should start tomorrow.

The bulkhead that sticks out from the wall still needs to be removed.
IMG_0265.JPG

And as quick as it was emptied, it gets filled up again. Two cabinets, a door, the new sing, disposal and some hardware are staged in the living room.
IMG_0274.JPG

No bags of cash, bones, or other exciting items found?????
Only a carpenter's notes on a 2x4.

There is some $#!t on the wall of what was the pantry closet. Some is from the very old can of cherry pie filling that exploded when we were cleaning it out (SIL Ada loved that) but the rest is unidentifiable. Cleaners barely put a dent into it, so I picked up a belt sander tonight.

Only a carpenter's notes on a 2x4.

There is some $#!t on the wall of what was the pantry closet. Some is from the very old can of cherry pie filling that exploded when we were cleaning it out (SIL Ada loved that) but the rest is unidentifiable. Cleaners barely put a dent into it, so I picked up a belt sander tonight.
We removed a large (4'x6'), over-the-mantle mirror in our old house, just like you did - and we were really hoping to discover a wall safe. :irked:

Sad!

What ever this stuff is it just keeps hanging on........almost get over it but not quite, then it flares up again.
Yep! I feel better on meds, but you are correct it keeps hanging on. How are you and DW?

A happy and safe (and healthy) New Year, hosers.

Cabinet installation is coming along, countertop folks coming out Tuesday to make the template.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back