The Coffee House

hi all
finally had a morning out with camera (and dogs)| it rained all day just an hour later

Attachments

• bird 1.jpg
    bird 1.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 7
Hmm, I just noticed the usage of "hoser's" by those who are not actually Canadian ... how did this get appropriated? Though I don't know if you all have Canadian ancestry ... eh, you hoser's.
bobdoug3.jpg
hay still getting used to traslating posts here

hi all
finally had a morning out with camera (and dogs)| it rained all day just an hour later
Nice shot of the soaring bird, katomi! It can be really challenging during the winter months to get out and shoot. Lots of gray skies and cold temps.

Hey hosers.

Current state:

View attachment 262893
Oh that was always me when I worked in an office. Many wasted lunches!

Charlie, glad to see a deputy getting back home.

A lot of news here about Damar Hamlin. Local news conference said he'd gone to another hospital and like a dummy I'm wondering where would they send him from UC? and he went back to Baltimore. Wasn't watching the game not being a football fan but still good to hear, seems to have made an excellent recovery.

Sharon, one if by land, two if by sea?? Cool overview of Boston. Interesting to see that actual church.
Yes that’s the one (or two since they came by sea if I’m not mistaken).

@dxqcanada hmm my hoser cred might be a bit sketchy. You be the judge.

Been to Canada at least 5x.

My favorite Aunt (by marriage) was born in Canada. I have step cousins who moved back and live in Halifax.

Sister-in-law is French Canadian.

Own lots of winter hats but call them my hipster hats.

Have tried poutine.

Southern boy here and until these posts never understood the “hosers” comments.

And those knit caps, for some reason lost to time down here we call toboggins. And we spend way more time keeping the beer cold than our heads warm. lol

Border state, here, but it's the Mason-Dixon line. The M-D line was not created to divide north from south, but to settle a boundary dispute between the Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland colonies.

We have a countertop, a working sink, faucet, garbage disposal, and dishwasher. Backsplash and stove/oven will be installed on Monday and Tuesday. We also have clean, repaired chimney and furnace flues.

Heading out to dinner with MLW, then tonight or tomorrow morning I'll post the POTY voting thread.

My Hoser background is - I'm a hockey fan! and I once got to shake Gordie Howe's hand getting his autograph (and did he have a grip!), and I got an autograph from Steve Carlson of the Hanson Brothers (and does he have a fun fake sock to the jaw while holding your jersey!), and I've liked Bob & Doug McKenzie since their days on Second City TV (on after SNL back in the day).

Take off! eh?

In cleaning up around the bar, I found two Capitals team photo from their first season, as well as a number of individual portraits. Something I think they gave to the season ticket holders (Mom and Dad had a pair for the first five or six years.)

I'm keeping a couple of the duplicate portraits and one of the team shots; giving the rest to my boss who is a big fan. I'm also keeping the stick from one of the "stick nights."

Fortunately the Tornadoes went North and South of us yesterday. The destruction across our state and parts of GA was pretty severe. The current death toll stands at 9 but is expected to rise as they continue to dig out. It was a very narrow fast moving band, I lost count of the number of tornadoes that spun up as it roared through. It was in and out of the state from one side to the other in just over 4 hrs. We didn't have any damage, just heavy rain, thunder and lightning. One strike hit close enough that it triggered the heat/fire sensor in the attic. No fire, but the alarm was enough to almost cause a heart attack. LOL

Oh that was always me when I worked in an office. Many wasted lunches!

Yes that’s the one (or two since they came by sea if I’m not mistaken).

@dxqcanada hmm my hoser cred might be a bit sketchy. You be the judge.

Been to Canada at least 5x.

My favorite Aunt (by marriage) was born in Canada. I have step cousins who moved back and live in Halifax.

Sister-in-law is French Canadian.

Own lots of winter hats but call them my hipster hats.

Have tried poutine.

Time to look up walkers and rest homes.
Maybe work in a tri-state crime spree before that? Just a suggestion...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back