What's new

The Coffee House

It's a bit late but had to share this--the ultimate in true Hoser Xmas lawn decor in my 'hood. Never pitch an old hockey stick, eh? Cheered me up--hope it does the same for the inmates here!

Best to all for 2023!

HoserTreeA.jpg
 
Last edited:
Good evening, hosers.

Last month, a Sheriff's Deputy in a neighboring county was shot. As part of a fundraiser, a local ice cream shop was selling pies. Being diabetics, we certainly do not need pies. but since we both worked for (and met at) the Police Department, I bought a "flight" - an assortment of mini pies. I am supposed to pick them up tomorrow afternoon.

This evening I learn that the Deputy is being released from the hospital tomorrow and anyone on MD Route 4 can expect a "large precession" southbound in the early afternoon. Perfect - I should be able to do both!

Unfortunately, the electrician may be coming by. MLW hopes not, so she can go on the ride.
 
TGIF hosers! First week back to work after the holidays and some extra time off was tough, even if it was only a 4 day week. Had to go to our Boston office on Thursday for a meeting - traffic was light. I had hopes of getting some nice city view shots and brought my camera but it was very foggy and visibility was awful. We do have some nice views from our building. Hopefully soon will have better timing.

This is the North End - Boston’s version of Little Italy. That’s the “Old North Church” on the left - Boston’s oldest surviving church, where legend has it that Paul Revere instructed his fellow patriots to hang two lanterns in the steeple to warn the militiamen that the British were coming, before continuing on his infamous midnight ride.

0BB21AA8-B6AD-422E-B01E-66FFAAE473DA.jpeg
 
We (the Jeep clubs) didn't drive in the procession, but we did get a spot to watch it.

Welcome home, Sr. Deputy Flynt
 
Snow bear
add my thought and well wishes to the police man who was shot.
morning everyone, how did Christmas and new year go for you all.
here it was a quiet time with sadness new year as this year there were only three of us to see it in ... the used to be 24 and a big party... could nor help think of those not there.
once Again life and appointments have taken over this month already and I see little chance of time out with the camera.
 
Snow bear
add my thought and well wishes to the police man who was shot.
morning everyone, how did Christmas and new year go for you all.
here it was a quiet time with sadness new year as this year there were only three of us to see it in ... the used to be 24 and a big party... could nor help think of those not there.
once Again life and appointments have taken over this month already and I see little chance of time out with the camera.
Thank you.
We haven't really celebrated Christmas for the past few years so it was nice to do so. New Years was quiet as we typically don't do much for that.
 
Charlie, glad to see a deputy getting back home.

A lot of news here about Damar Hamlin. Local news conference said he'd gone to another hospital and like a dummy I'm wondering where would they send him from UC? and he went back to Baltimore. Wasn't watching the game not being a football fan but still good to hear, seems to have made an excellent recovery.

Sharon, one if by land, two if by sea?? Cool overview of Boston. Interesting to see that actual church.
 
Hmm, I just noticed the usage of "hoser's" by those who are not actually Canadian ... how did this get appropriated? Though I don't know if you all have Canadian ancestry ... eh, you hoser's.
bobdoug3.jpg
 
Hmm, I just noticed the usage of "hoser's" by those who are not actually Canadian ... how did this get appropriated? Though I don't know if you all have Canadian ancestry ... eh, you hoser's.
bobdoug3.jpg

I will take credit for this. Many many moons ago, in the very early days of the Coffee House, Gary A used to start posts here with the greeting "Coffee Housers." One day, I misread it as "Coffee Hosers" and it made me laugh and I mentioned as such. And so, it stuck.

Though I am not Canadian, I grew up in a border state, I had Canadian friends both growing up and while working overseas, and as I child, I was heavily influenced by ole Bob and Doug up there. And yes, I still call my hats "toques."
 
1. Rush fan.
2. Also grew up in a border state.
3. Crossed the bridge many times over the years for casual outings, before the nonsense started about passports. :76:
4. Growing up, I always had Canadian coins in my wallet as well as USD.

Hosers, eh. ;)
 
Ok you are approved ... especially since you are a RUSH fan.
NOT so fast! What about the two-four of Blue empties? Pack of Export A's?, Box of Smarties? Stale Timbit stashed in coat pocket? Crappy Tire receipt for washer fluid? Think you set the bar too low.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom